I currently own LCD-2 rev2 headphones and am thinking about two possible variants:
1) Selling the LCD-2 rev2 and replacing them with LCD-3 to get a "perfect headphone" for me
2) Keep the LCD-2 rev2 and purchase HD800 to let them completement each other since I already love LCD2
Amp/DAC: O2/ODAC desktop version
Music: Pop, rock, metal (no jazz, no classical, little acoustic or OST)
Have a few questions to clarify better what I need to know:
1) How much better HD800 is in providing 3D soundstaging? Depth is the most important factor...
2) How much better HD800 is in instrument placement with pin-point accuracy?
3) How much more forgiving LCD-3 are?
4) Which headphone is the more balanced one, more neutral?
5) Is the bass of HD800 non-existent, or only not as full as with Audezes?
And of course: HD800 + LCD-2 rev2 (have the best from both worlds), or LCD-3 alone (all-in-one experience)?
Thanks for suggestions!
Edited by RustA - 1/21/13 at 9:12am