Second the DT 770s.
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 1/21/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/21/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones for ~£200! Last post on 11/10/12 at 4:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones/headset - $300-400 price range! Last post on 10/21/13 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Soundstage for less - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ah, you're right sorry. I read that as "the K240's could be one to go for as it is closed". I'm too used to people saying that.
Me too. So I searched a bit. I found this:
Said ought about how soundstage is interpreted, though, even if the word is used five times!
It suggested "Sounds Like? An Audio Glossary Glossary:" from Stereophile:
The explanations given in this thread say something different. Which one is right? My take would have been that from stereophile.
Okay, time to head off for work.
Edited by bedlam inside - 1/22/13 at 12:03am
Binaural recording, you mean? This one is great:
'Explorations in Space and Time' from Chesky Records is a good one, too.
I had a listen. It does have a good soundstage, not really my cuppa musically...
So I searched "binaural" on Amazon. Momentarily I was well chuffed. Over, 1,600 Titles of binaural music - there has to be some I fancy!
Gor Blimey, I waded through pages of pages of crud that wanted to get me of drugs (no way - I'm enjoying these), become sexier (maybe), learn astral projection (you what!?), lose weight (why not, I'm packing a little extra), recover from my childhood abuse (I wasn't abused, we are Anglican not Catholic), increase my sex drive (REALLY!?), break my addiction to hardcore porn (I don't have that addiction but it sounds like fun to try out, I may need to get that increased sex drive thing with it to cope though) and taking the bird, experience the female orgasm (speechless, just speechless)...
I simply gave finding actual music up as a bad job at that point.
So I listened again to "Up Close" from the amazon sampler page straight on my setup and compared it to the Windham Hill Flamenco Album (which comes close in genre) with 3D Sound on my amplifier engaged. Of course that mp3 streaming from Amazon generally sounded rougher than a badger's hairy gonads. Even so I would say that there is not a lot between these two takes in soundstaging. Both have the soundstage outside me head and have nice width and depth for headphones.
So, let me see if I get this binaural malarkey right. Thinking ain't me strongest suit - me mom always told me not to think so much, or I'd get the lurgy.
Binaural Seedees are ones that give a right space presentation on headphones. Not having heard them on speakers, but noting the quip about it, seems they would do rather pants on speakers. So (almost) no-one makes them, as most people listen to speakers (except people who want to experience female orgasm apparently).
Normal Seedees are made for listening on speakers and so they sound pants on headphones but brill on speakers (this I can tell for meself).
And these gizmo's in the Phonitor Amplifier, my iFi Amplifier and that Parrot Zik Headset somehow turn normal Seedees into Binaural ones for headphone listening?
If so, this is absolutely brilliant, innit? Why don’t I see this much more often then? Is there more like this? I really would like something for my smartphone that does this. Maybe I'll have to get me a Sick Parrot?
Edited by bedlam inside - 1/22/13 at 4:34am
The K550 are really great at soundstage though they are over your budget, so I suggest you look at the Soundmagic HP100 for what i am told they should have some of the best soundstage for a closed headphone.
I think most people here still have never seen or heard one: I've noticed you recommend it A LOT in many other threads, so it's high on my list of auditioning, but only if I ever find one!
Edited by GREQ - 1/22/13 at 4:18am
That's the thing. Even in a big city like Frankfurt, there are only 2 big places to try properly out lots of headphones, and in the 3 years I've been here I still havn't even seen a singe Audio Technica headphone.
I only just saw some Ultrasones for the first time about 2 months ago, and they're German!
- Soundstage for less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 second ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Moving away from DT-990(250Ohms) 3 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 4 minutes ago
- › I hear no difference. What am I doing wrong? 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 6 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 7 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)