New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013 - Page 7  

post #91 of 461

That's not going to work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

I indeed still have the vintage K141s! Doesn't get much headtime anymore because of the HE-500 haha.

 

Hey GG, wanna pay for the other room then? Hahaha in all seriousness, I think we should just have one room and whenever someone wants to have critical listening time, we will have a 10 minute quiet listening session?

post #92 of 461

vancouver colorado? sure! :D

post #93 of 461
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

vancouver colorado? sure! :D

Vancouver Canada silly terrorist panda.

 

How'd you get onto this thread anyways :3

 

 

Oh regarding the double room thing:

 

So unless a lot of people chip in, and if there is a lot of people, I think we'd probably have trouble getting one room as it is.

Unless there is huge demand, in which case we could section off one corner of the room for quietness.

post #94 of 461
Just to throw this out there. Remember if it is just us and no dealers attending, in other words a bunch of HiFi geeks then we can get free use of Library meeting rooms!
post #95 of 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Vancouver Canada silly terrorist panda.

 

How'd you get onto this thread anyways :3

 

 

Oh regarding the double room thing:

 

So unless a lot of people chip in, and if there is a lot of people, I think we'd probably have trouble getting one room as it is.

Unless there is huge demand, in which case we could section off one corner of the room for quietness.

actually, I saw it one day, but didn't comment the first time around. 2nd time I saw your sig :D

post #96 of 461
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

actually, I saw it one day, but didn't comment the first time around. 2nd time I saw your sig :D

Then my ingenious ad campaign to post as much as possible and put that sig link everywhere worked.

ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

Just to throw this out there. Remember if it is just us and no dealers attending, in other words a bunch of HiFi geeks then we can get free use of Library meeting rooms!

I thought about the library rooms. Wouldn't they be a bit cramped and noisy though? Not that I'm expecting too much right now but...

post #97 of 461
I think it depends on the library and how many of us there are. The one near me is probably about thirty feet by 20 though I am not sure exactly, Also there is a room at the Oakridge Library branch, I know the fountain pen club I belong to has used it before but I have not attended when they have.

I just gave Oakridge a call. The room is free on the 27th from 11:30AM onwards, the 20th is booked up. The librarian I spoke to was not fully informed about the room but said it has a seating capacity of 45. It is free to non profit groups so as long as no pro's came and set up a stall we could get it for free. Another advantage with that branch is it is right on the skytrain to richmond line and also buses going across 41st ave. The library is behind Oakridge mall, for those familiar with that mall you would head towards the source and exit to the car park, turn left past Kins fruit and veg and entrance is facing you.

Oh, and some of the rooms are separate as is the one near me with a door so once closed there should be no noise.. It is a library after all!
Edited by ianmedium - 3/1/13 at 8:21pm
post #98 of 461
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

I think it depends on the library and how many of us there are. The one near me is probably about thirty feet by 20 though I am not sure exactly, Also there is a room at the Oakridge Library branch, I know the fountain pen club I belong to has used it before but I have not attended when they have.

I just gave Oakridge a call. The room is free on the 27th from 11:30AM onwards, the 20th is booked up. The librarian I spoke to was not fully informed about the room but said it has a seating capacity of 45. It is free to non profit groups so as long as no pro's came and set up a stall we could get it for free. Another advantage with that branch is it is right on the skytrain to richmond line and also buses going across 41st ave. The library is behind Oakridge mall, for those familiar with that mall you would head towards the source and exit to the car park, turn left past Kins fruit and veg and entrance is facing you.

Oh, and some of the rooms are separate as is the one near me with a door so once closed there should be no noise.. It is a library after all!

Ah, actually if we could get two rooms the whole one quiet-listening-session-room/one regular-talking-room dilemma is a cinch. Perfect!

 

And yes, Oakridge was the only branch in Van that I would visit. There was this one cute asian girl there...sorry, OT.

 

I'll wait for another week or two until closing the poll for the dates, then we can get started on voting for location. (Sadly no multiple polls). Or people can just post to vote for location right now and I'll keep tabs.

post #99 of 461
Yeah. My piano Fortes are so open they actually amplify external noise, its just the design of them.. However they are worth it, Heck, I might even become a Trappist Monk just so that I can live somewhere with perfect silence so as to get the most out of them biggrin.gif
post #100 of 461
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Heck, I might even become a Trappist Monk just so that I can live somewhere with perfect silence so as to get the most out of them biggrin.gif

Won't need headphones to convince me to do that. Been practicing Shikantaza for a while now.

post #101 of 461
Oh thats wonderful.
post #102 of 461

Hmm, has anyone invited Travis to come? Well, that is as a friend and enthusiast rather than a store owner

post #103 of 461
It would be lovely for Travis to come and if it is at the library he can have a well earned day off and join the fun rather than it be work.
post #104 of 461
Thread Starter 

^^ Been meaning to but haven't visited since January. Either someone does the honors and ask or I'll go when I get back. Shouldn't just PM him though that would be tacky and he deserves more respect than that.

post #105 of 461

I like this Oakridge idea.  We are definitely as community an organization as a fountain pen club... come on, headphone club?

But if I recall correctly, the Oakridge community room is buried somewhere in the back.  Renfrew Library (near me) also has a community room which is accessed from the foyer, so i think anyone wanting a more "critical" listen could step out into the foyer of the library with open phones and a portable source.  Unfortunately that rules out electrostatics... maybe set up in the hallway haha.

 

I wonder if the fountain pen club gets requests for a quiet room so people can actually do some focussed writing...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

Yeah. My piano Fortes are so open they actually amplify external noise, its just the design of them.. However they are worth it, Heck, I might even become a Trappist Monk just so that I can live somewhere with perfect silence so as to get the most out of them biggrin.gif

mmm Trappist beer and cheese... just had some last week across from a monastery.  I wonder if they have an awesome headphone collection in there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked