New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013 - Page 14  

post #196 of 461
Thread Starter 

I'll bring some wetwipes.

 

Also if people don't mind I'll be closing the poll in an hour or so.

post #197 of 461
I say no to any food or drink in the room, disaster waiting to happen and heck, if we can't last a few ours without eating or drinking something is wrong!
I would say this one thing, an old RAF thing I learned many many years ago which has stood me in good stead ever since and is applicable to all of this... K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid!) I still say go for a Library room as seeing as all of this is a private non profit group we get it for free. We all pay taxes after all, might as well get something for those taxes!
post #198 of 461
Oh yes, GG said he can't be there on the 28th so I then would change my vote to a later date, I think he said May 5th. Can't have a show without GG!
post #199 of 461

I second no food and drink.  Eat before, eat after.  Let's respect each others' gear by keeping a clean room.  I'm OK with water in a non-spillable container.

 

ianmedium did you confirm we could use the library room without a non-profit registration number?  If so, that's a no-brainer.

 

As for date.. I think the poll results are pretty clear.
 

post #200 of 461
Yeah, I tried last week but could not get someone who could answer, I will try again this week and let you know, I think though before hand I need to know a definitive date then I can pass on to TwinQY the availability of the room. The one at Firehall seems to be able to house 40 kids at sing a long time as well, bonus with that room is that it is separate from the library section and is so close to broadway B line transit so its easy to get to. I can find out on Tuesday what their schedule is like though its not open on Sundays! The room at a guess is about thirty feet by twenty but I will double check on Tuesday, I should be up in Kerrisdale tomorrow so will pop in to that library and see what they have, I think they have nothing though.
post #201 of 461
Thread Starter 
I'm conflicted. The poll is...quite clear right now, and if I change it to the 5th it would be a major middle finger to everyone else who voted. @GG needs to pipe in directly because of the DHC/Chris thing. He did say there was a 50% chance prior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

Yeah, I tried last week but could not get someone who could answer, I will try again this week and let you know, I think though before hand I need to know a definitive date then I can pass on to TwinQY the availability of the room. The one at Firehall seems to be able to house 40 kids at sing a long time as well, bonus with that room is that it is separate from the library section and is so close to broadway B line transit so its easy to get to. I can find out on Tuesday what their schedule is like though its not open on Sundays! The room at a guess is about thirty feet by twenty but I will double check on Tuesday, I should be up in Kerrisdale tomorrow so will pop in to that library and see what they have, I think they have nothing though.

Alright if that works out, it would solve a lot of hassle. Thanks for the efforts! You can tell them the 5th just in case, unless GG pipes in beforehand.

 

People PM to confirm gear list if possible because I'm reading through and some are a bit iffy. 


Edited by TwinQY - 3/10/13 at 3:33pm
post #202 of 461
I must admit I would prefer the 28th. Just a heads up as well as the time I checked before was for the 27th. Sunday the library is only open from 1-5pm
post #203 of 461
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

I must admit I would prefer the 28th. Just a heads up as well as the time I checked before was for the 27th. Sunday the library is only open from 1-5pm

As would I. 

 

We would only be there from 1-5pm anyways, so that would be fine. We would have to set things up quickly if they can't let us in the room prior to 1.

post #204 of 461

april huh? I'm going on a vacation april, just not anywhere near colorado 

post #205 of 461

April 28th is going to be very... very hard for me. Project in Regina starts end of March and estimate is 30 days, but construction always gets delayed... May 5th would be a safe date for me. If I can't make 28th, then oh well. I'll catch the next meet. 

 

I might sell my Gungnir before the meet, and get a PWD mk2 or a Matrix X-Sabre. Will confirm when it happens.

post #206 of 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

April 28th is going to be very... very hard for me. Project in Regina starts end of March and estimate is 30 days, but construction always gets delayed... May 5th would be a safe date for me. If I can't make 28th, then oh well. I'll catch the next meet. 

 

I might sell my Gungnir before the meet, and get a PWD mk2 or a Matrix X-Sabre. Will confirm when it happens.

 

I just pre-ordered the X-Sabre, I can bring it to the meet so you can get a taste before you decide to switch. That's assuming you haven't got your hands on a set by then ;)

post #207 of 461

That'd definitely help me decide. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribeye View Post

 

I just pre-ordered the X-Sabre, I can bring it to the meet so you can get a taste before you decide to switch. That's assuming you haven't got your hands on a set by then ;)

post #208 of 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline79 View Post

I second no food and drink.  Eat before, eat after.  Let's respect each others' gear by keeping a clean room.  I'm OK with water in a non-spillable container.

ianmedium did you confirm we could use the library room without a non-profit registration number?  If so, that's a no-brainer.

As for date.. I think the poll results are pretty clear.

 

Actually we all eat and drink, we're just smart enough to wash our hands. I mean if you wouldn't touch your OWN stuff with cheeto fingers, why would you touch soimeone else's?

Seriously at our local meet we all got BURRITOS and McDonalds for everybody lol, it was awesome!
post #209 of 461

I agree. As long as we don't have cups on tables it'll be fine. Cans/bottles and snacks that aren't sloppy should be allowed, as long as you don't go around eating stuff WHILE auditioning gear. Yay to the two separate rooms, last two meets I went to was too loud for quiet listening, which is going to happen again this time, and the next. They weren't even that big of meets either. Undercover sponsors have us covered :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post


Actually we all eat and drink, we're just smart enough to wash our hands. I mean if you wouldn't touch your OWN stuff with cheeto fingers, why would you touch soimeone else's?

Seriously at our local meet we all got BURRITOS and McDonalds for everybody lol, it was awesome!
post #210 of 461
I just checked with Oakridge, seems its a no go for the 28th.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked