Hi I am a music lover that loves listening to music with great quality earphones/headphones. Right now i currently own quiet a bit of headphones and earphones, but they aren't really that great to be honest. I bought them when I was younger not really knowing what good quality was. I have the Beats by Dre Studio, Bose on-ear, and have some earphones. When I found out that those weren't great I purchased a pair of Klipsch x7i and for headphone I have Klipsch image one. I love both. They both have the sound i really like within earphones and headphones. I also have monster trumpet, which is actually good, but really expensive luckily I had connections to get one cheaper. I get that people bash on Monster and Beats, but honestly I don't think they are that bad especially when they were mostly made for design. I honestly bought a pair of Monster Vektr and I love mine. Sound wise i give them 6/10 maybe 7/10 but i bought them for design also I got them for like 100 cause I worked at an electronic store XD. Anyways now to my dilemma, I want to pair comfortable on ear headphones that sound great. I live in Canada BC and it's so FRICKEN hard to find good headphone sellers. I don't want to order online. I rather go in and buy one. I thought of getting the logitech ue 4000, but not too sure yet. Any advice? Please help me out also i'll tell you guys the stores that i can access. Bestbuy, Futureshop, tom lee, apple store, london drugs, the source.
Related Forum Threads
- New set of headphones for home. Last post on 12/27/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEED A TRITTON GAMING HEADSET EXPERT Last post on 10/12/12 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just bought my first pair of real cans! Last post on 6/15/11 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
What to buy for portable on-ear headphones going from 100-160ish
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 51/20/13 at 8:44pm
Sell your Beats and Bose and get more money to get some Sennheiser HD:http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358743195&sr=1-
If you want to stay with your range get the Grado SR-125i:http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-Series-SR125i-Headphones/dp/B0006GCCWW
The Sennheiser are open back Circum-Aural headphones and not bass heavy like Beats or Bose but they are for optimal listening experience, the Grado are also very good and will not be as bass heavy from what Ive recalled but are open back as well giving you a wide and fresh soundstage and balanced sound, both are entry-level audiophile headphones and will get yo there good. Hope I helped!post #3 of 51/20/13 at 9:04pmThread StarterRight now I'm trying to sell my studios but so far no luck I wish I could get those. Well right now my goals is to try and get on ear that I can buy near by instead of online. I wish my beats would sell. The Bose I can't really sell cause the padding on the headphones is slightly ripped and getting old. But thank you. If I can get mine to sell i will think about getting the sennheiserpost #4 of 51/20/13 at 9:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by mkhil
Right now I'm trying to sell my studios but so far no luck I wish I could get those. Well right now my goals is to try and get on ear that I can buy near by instead of online. I wish my beats would sell. The Bose I can't really sell cause the padding on the headphones is slightly ripped and getting old. But thank you. If I can get mine to sell i will think about getting the sennheiser
You should check out long & mcquade and some other Canadian music stores that sell quality headphones. Places like Bestbuy, Futureshop are mostly Beats and expensive fashion accessories. It would also be nice to know what music genres you listen to?
Edited by Mheat122134 - 1/20/13 at 9:20pmpost #5 of 51/20/13 at 9:31pmThread Starter
I listen to pretty much every genre except country. I do like bass, but not like super strong bass. I am more of a balanced through all levels person, which is why I like klipsch. One thing i love about the image one is that it's balanced, but the bass is nice too.
- What to buy for portable on-ear headphones going from 100-160ish
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Chord Hugo just now
- › Review: Hifiman HE-6/EF-6: An Elite Headphone System, Under One Roof 4 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 26 seconds ago
- › Has anyone heard anything about the Oppo HA-1 balanced headphone... 34 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 1 minute ago
- › Schiit SYS Passive Preamp 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Under 50 U$D Headphone [HELP!] 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob