Hi I am a music lover that loves listening to music with great quality earphones/headphones. Right now i currently own quiet a bit of headphones and earphones, but they aren't really that great to be honest. I bought them when I was younger not really knowing what good quality was. I have the Beats by Dre Studio, Bose on-ear, and have some earphones. When I found out that those weren't great I purchased a pair of Klipsch x7i and for headphone I have Klipsch image one. I love both. They both have the sound i really like within earphones and headphones. I also have monster trumpet, which is actually good, but really expensive luckily I had connections to get one cheaper. I get that people bash on Monster and Beats, but honestly I don't think they are that bad especially when they were mostly made for design. I honestly bought a pair of Monster Vektr and I love mine. Sound wise i give them 6/10 maybe 7/10 but i bought them for design also I got them for like 100 cause I worked at an electronic store XD. Anyways now to my dilemma, I want to pair comfortable on ear headphones that sound great. I live in Canada BC and it's so FRICKEN hard to find good headphone sellers. I don't want to order online. I rather go in and buy one. I thought of getting the logitech ue 4000, but not too sure yet. Any advice? Please help me out also i'll tell you guys the stores that i can access. Bestbuy, Futureshop, tom lee, apple store, london drugs, the source.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- New set of headphones for home. Last post on 12/27/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEED A TRITTON GAMING HEADSET EXPERT Last post on 10/12/12 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
What to buy for portable on-ear headphones going from 100-160ish
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sell your Beats and Bose and get more money to get some Sennheiser HD:http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358743195&sr=1-
If you want to stay with your range get the Grado SR-125i:http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-Series-SR125i-Headphones/dp/B0006GCCWW
The Sennheiser are open back Circum-Aural headphones and not bass heavy like Beats or Bose but they are for optimal listening experience, the Grado are also very good and will not be as bass heavy from what Ive recalled but are open back as well giving you a wide and fresh soundstage and balanced sound, both are entry-level audiophile headphones and will get yo there good. Hope I helped!
Right now I'm trying to sell my studios but so far no luck I wish I could get those. Well right now my goals is to try and get on ear that I can buy near by instead of online. I wish my beats would sell. The Bose I can't really sell cause the padding on the headphones is slightly ripped and getting old. But thank you. If I can get mine to sell i will think about getting the sennheiser
You should check out long & mcquade and some other Canadian music stores that sell quality headphones. Places like Bestbuy, Futureshop are mostly Beats and expensive fashion accessories. It would also be nice to know what music genres you listen to?
Edited by Mheat122134 - 1/20/13 at 9:20pm
I listen to pretty much every genre except country. I do like bass, but not like super strong bass. I am more of a balanced through all levels person, which is why I like klipsch. One thing i love about the image one is that it's balanced, but the bass is nice too.
- What to buy for portable on-ear headphones going from 100-160ish
- › senheiser HD-598 reviwed by whathifi as "boring"! True? 7 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Back-Electret/STAX 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Angie - JH Audio Sirens Series - a review about the music, not the... 3 minutes ago
- › Where can I buy shielded microphone wire? 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3