Hi I am a music lover that loves listening to music with great quality earphones/headphones. Right now i currently own quiet a bit of headphones and earphones, but they aren't really that great to be honest. I bought them when I was younger not really knowing what good quality was. I have the Beats by Dre Studio, Bose on-ear, and have some earphones. When I found out that those weren't great I purchased a pair of Klipsch x7i and for headphone I have Klipsch image one. I love both. They both have the sound i really like within earphones and headphones. I also have monster trumpet, which is actually good, but really expensive luckily I had connections to get one cheaper. I get that people bash on Monster and Beats, but honestly I don't think they are that bad especially when they were mostly made for design. I honestly bought a pair of Monster Vektr and I love mine. Sound wise i give them 6/10 maybe 7/10 but i bought them for design also I got them for like 100 cause I worked at an electronic store XD. Anyways now to my dilemma, I want to pair comfortable on ear headphones that sound great. I live in Canada BC and it's so FRICKEN hard to find good headphone sellers. I don't want to order online. I rather go in and buy one. I thought of getting the logitech ue 4000, but not too sure yet. Any advice? Please help me out also i'll tell you guys the stores that i can access. Bestbuy, Futureshop, tom lee, apple store, london drugs, the source.
Related Forum Threads
- New set of headphones for home. Last post on 12/27/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEED A TRITTON GAMING HEADSET EXPERT Last post on 10/12/12 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just bought my first pair of real cans! Last post on 6/15/11 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
What to buy for portable on-ear headphones going from 100-160ish
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sell your Beats and Bose and get more money to get some Sennheiser HD:http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358743195&sr=1-
If you want to stay with your range get the Grado SR-125i:http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-Series-SR125i-Headphones/dp/B0006GCCWW
The Sennheiser are open back Circum-Aural headphones and not bass heavy like Beats or Bose but they are for optimal listening experience, the Grado are also very good and will not be as bass heavy from what Ive recalled but are open back as well giving you a wide and fresh soundstage and balanced sound, both are entry-level audiophile headphones and will get yo there good. Hope I helped!
Right now I'm trying to sell my studios but so far no luck I wish I could get those. Well right now my goals is to try and get on ear that I can buy near by instead of online. I wish my beats would sell. The Bose I can't really sell cause the padding on the headphones is slightly ripped and getting old. But thank you. If I can get mine to sell i will think about getting the sennheiser
You should check out long & mcquade and some other Canadian music stores that sell quality headphones. Places like Bestbuy, Futureshop are mostly Beats and expensive fashion accessories. It would also be nice to know what music genres you listen to?
Edited by Mheat122134 - 1/20/13 at 9:20pm
I listen to pretty much every genre except country. I do like bass, but not like super strong bass. I am more of a balanced through all levels person, which is why I like klipsch. One thing i love about the image one is that it's balanced, but the bass is nice too.
- What to buy for portable on-ear headphones going from 100-160ish
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › IC: Mint Audeze LCD-2.2 Rosewood with Schiit UBER RCA + USB Gen 2... 16 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE60 Review and Impressions Thread ~ 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 5 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 7 minutes ago
- › High-End Budget Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Baldoor etc) and Earbud... 8 minutes ago
- › What amp to get for the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros? 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)