Hi I am a music lover that loves listening to music with great quality earphones/headphones. Right now i currently own quiet a bit of headphones and earphones, but they aren't really that great to be honest. I bought them when I was younger not really knowing what good quality was. I have the Beats by Dre Studio, Bose on-ear, and have some earphones. When I found out that those weren't great I purchased a pair of Klipsch x7i and for headphone I have Klipsch image one. I love both. They both have the sound i really like within earphones and headphones. I also have monster trumpet, which is actually good, but really expensive luckily I had connections to get one cheaper. I get that people bash on Monster and Beats, but honestly I don't think they are that bad especially when they were mostly made for design. I honestly bought a pair of Monster Vektr and I love mine. Sound wise i give them 6/10 maybe 7/10 but i bought them for design also I got them for like 100 cause I worked at an electronic store XD. Anyways now to my dilemma, I want to pair comfortable on ear headphones that sound great. I live in Canada BC and it's so FRICKEN hard to find good headphone sellers. I don't want to order online. I rather go in and buy one. I thought of getting the logitech ue 4000, but not too sure yet. Any advice? Please help me out also i'll tell you guys the stores that i can access. Bestbuy, Futureshop, tom lee, apple store, london drugs, the source.
Related Forum Threads
- New set of headphones for home. Last post on 12/27/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEED A TRITTON GAMING HEADSET EXPERT Last post on 10/12/12 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just bought my first pair of real cans! Last post on 6/15/11 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
Brainwavz AP001 surely has the cute factor, from its small size and unique contemporary design. But that's for the look. As for features, we might wonder, why Brainwavz designed a...
Review of the CEntrance HiFi M8 LX LX model = Optical input The CEntrance HiFi M8 has a lot of connection and feature combinations. This is the LX / XLR version. What is the...
Before I start my review, I wold like to Thank Penon Audio for providing me with a review loaner of DITA Audio The Answer headphones in exchange for my honest opinion. I tested and reviewed a...
What to buy for portable on-ear headphones going from 100-160ish
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sell your Beats and Bose and get more money to get some Sennheiser HD:http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358743195&sr=1-
If you want to stay with your range get the Grado SR-125i:http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-Series-SR125i-Headphones/dp/B0006GCCWW
The Sennheiser are open back Circum-Aural headphones and not bass heavy like Beats or Bose but they are for optimal listening experience, the Grado are also very good and will not be as bass heavy from what Ive recalled but are open back as well giving you a wide and fresh soundstage and balanced sound, both are entry-level audiophile headphones and will get yo there good. Hope I helped!
Right now I'm trying to sell my studios but so far no luck I wish I could get those. Well right now my goals is to try and get on ear that I can buy near by instead of online. I wish my beats would sell. The Bose I can't really sell cause the padding on the headphones is slightly ripped and getting old. But thank you. If I can get mine to sell i will think about getting the sennheiser
You should check out long & mcquade and some other Canadian music stores that sell quality headphones. Places like Bestbuy, Futureshop are mostly Beats and expensive fashion accessories. It would also be nice to know what music genres you listen to?
Edited by Mheat122134 - 1/20/13 at 9:20pm
I listen to pretty much every genre except country. I do like bass, but not like super strong bass. I am more of a balanced through all levels person, which is why I like klipsch. One thing i love about the image one is that it's balanced, but the bass is nice too.
- What to buy for portable on-ear headphones going from 100-160ish
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short... 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 1 minute ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 2 minutes ago
- › New England Headfi Meet - Saturday December 6th, 2014! 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 4 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)