Hi I am a music lover that loves listening to music with great quality earphones/headphones. Right now i currently own quiet a bit of headphones and earphones, but they aren't really that great to be honest. I bought them when I was younger not really knowing what good quality was. I have the Beats by Dre Studio, Bose on-ear, and have some earphones. When I found out that those weren't great I purchased a pair of Klipsch x7i and for headphone I have Klipsch image one. I love both. They both have the sound i really like within earphones and headphones. I also have monster trumpet, which is actually good, but really expensive luckily I had connections to get one cheaper. I get that people bash on Monster and Beats, but honestly I don't think they are that bad especially when they were mostly made for design. I honestly bought a pair of Monster Vektr and I love mine. Sound wise i give them 6/10 maybe 7/10 but i bought them for design also I got them for like 100 cause I worked at an electronic store XD. Anyways now to my dilemma, I want to pair comfortable on ear headphones that sound great. I live in Canada BC and it's so FRICKEN hard to find good headphone sellers. I don't want to order online. I rather go in and buy one. I thought of getting the logitech ue 4000, but not too sure yet. Any advice? Please help me out also i'll tell you guys the stores that i can access. Bestbuy, Futureshop, tom lee, apple store, london drugs, the source.
Related Forum Threads
- New set of headphones for home. Last post on 12/27/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEED A TRITTON GAMING HEADSET EXPERT Last post on 10/12/12 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado On/Over Ear headphones for under $200? Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just bought my first pair of real cans! Last post on 6/15/11 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
What to buy for portable on-ear headphones going from 100-160ish
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sell your Beats and Bose and get more money to get some Sennheiser HD:http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358743195&sr=1-
If you want to stay with your range get the Grado SR-125i:http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-Series-SR125i-Headphones/dp/B0006GCCWW
The Sennheiser are open back Circum-Aural headphones and not bass heavy like Beats or Bose but they are for optimal listening experience, the Grado are also very good and will not be as bass heavy from what Ive recalled but are open back as well giving you a wide and fresh soundstage and balanced sound, both are entry-level audiophile headphones and will get yo there good. Hope I helped!
Right now I'm trying to sell my studios but so far no luck I wish I could get those. Well right now my goals is to try and get on ear that I can buy near by instead of online. I wish my beats would sell. The Bose I can't really sell cause the padding on the headphones is slightly ripped and getting old. But thank you. If I can get mine to sell i will think about getting the sennheiser
You should check out long & mcquade and some other Canadian music stores that sell quality headphones. Places like Bestbuy, Futureshop are mostly Beats and expensive fashion accessories. It would also be nice to know what music genres you listen to?
Edited by Mheat122134 - 1/20/13 at 9:20pm
I listen to pretty much every genre except country. I do like bass, but not like super strong bass. I am more of a balanced through all levels person, which is why I like klipsch. One thing i love about the image one is that it's balanced, but the bass is nice too.
- What to buy for portable on-ear headphones going from 100-160ish
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 3 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 seconds ago
- › Various Headphone Amps, iBasso P2, Little DOT MKV 1 minute ago
- › PSB M4U 2 2 minutes ago
- › Hi quality Fuses: do they improve sound? 2 minutes ago
- › K271S with Dog Pads - Match made in heaven! 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe