- 1,202 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommendations for iPhone 5 DAC/AMP setup Last post on 1/31/15 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ADL-X1 Alpha Design Labs X1 24/192 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier, new in box Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:55am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Venturecraft Go-DAP DD Socket1 (Opamp:MUSES01) Last post on 12/2/13 at 6:46am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- VentureCraft Go-DAP DD Socket 1 (MUSES01) Last post on 11/12/13 at 11:40am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
[NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's what a CLAS is for. Or get a more powerful M8. The X1 is so light and compact its got its own virtues.
When a call comes in, you can touch the answer button on the iPhone, the caller can't hear you, but you can quickly hold the phone near you, say something like "hang on a minute" pull out the Lightning jack and proceed with the conversation
For what it's worth ...
I have an issue with my X1. I have the X1 connected to an iPod Classic using the supplied 30 pin to usb cable. I have the front switch with idevice selected. When I play tracks from the iPod Classic I notice that when I adjust the volume on the Classic there is a corresponding change in the volume coming from the X1. How is this possible ? Shouldn't moving the volume on the iPod Classic have no effect on the volume out from the X1 ? It is like the digital to analog conversion is still being processed by the Classic and the X1 is only operating as a headphone amplifier.
Am I missing something here ? Any help would be appreciated.
Your X1 is functioning correctly and your X1 is processing digital signal from your iDevice (flashing 44.1K LED). Furutech enabled the volume control on iDevices for user convenience.
What convenience, sorry!?
Other dac/amps (Fostex hp_p1, Hifi-M8 etc) disable the volume (yes) and even have the volume bar disappear on touch/iphone.
I don`t quite follow Furutechs thinking here.
- [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 48 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Europe cheapest Beyerdynamic T70p 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2