- 879 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommendations for iPhone 5 DAC/AMP setup Last post on 10/18/13 at 7:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Venturecraft Go-DAP DD Socket1 (Opamp:MUSES01) Last post on 12/2/13 at 6:46am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- VentureCraft Go-DAP DD Socket 1 (MUSES01) Last post on 11/12/13 at 11:40am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- VentureCraft Go-DAP DD & SounDroid Typhoon Last post on 11/21/13 at 4:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
[NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's what a CLAS is for. Or get a more powerful M8. The X1 is so light and compact its got its own virtues.
When a call comes in, you can touch the answer button on the iPhone, the caller can't hear you, but you can quickly hold the phone near you, say something like "hang on a minute" pull out the Lightning jack and proceed with the conversation
For what it's worth ...
I have an issue with my X1. I have the X1 connected to an iPod Classic using the supplied 30 pin to usb cable. I have the front switch with idevice selected. When I play tracks from the iPod Classic I notice that when I adjust the volume on the Classic there is a corresponding change in the volume coming from the X1. How is this possible ? Shouldn't moving the volume on the iPod Classic have no effect on the volume out from the X1 ? It is like the digital to analog conversion is still being processed by the Classic and the X1 is only operating as a headphone amplifier.
Am I missing something here ? Any help would be appreciated.
Your X1 is functioning correctly and your X1 is processing digital signal from your iDevice (flashing 44.1K LED). Furutech enabled the volume control on iDevices for user convenience.
What convenience, sorry!?
Other dac/amps (Fostex hp_p1, Hifi-M8 etc) disable the volume (yes) and even have the volume bar disappear on touch/iphone.
I don`t quite follow Furutechs thinking here.
- [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 second ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 35 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 1 minute ago
- › FS: pr. Siemens (CBS) 6DJ8 & pr. National (Matsus***a) 6922 tubes 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 4 minutes ago
- › IC: Audeze LCD-2 Bamboo W/ Fazor (4 months old) + travel case 5 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)