- 1,373 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommendations for iPhone 5 DAC/AMP setup Last post on 1/31/15 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ADL-X1 Alpha Design Labs X1 24/192 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier, new in box Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:55am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Venturecraft Go-DAP DD Socket1 (Opamp:MUSES01) Last post on 12/2/13 at 6:46am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- VentureCraft Go-DAP DD Socket 1 (MUSES01) Last post on 11/12/13 at 11:40am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
[NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's what a CLAS is for. Or get a more powerful M8. The X1 is so light and compact its got its own virtues.
When a call comes in, you can touch the answer button on the iPhone, the caller can't hear you, but you can quickly hold the phone near you, say something like "hang on a minute" pull out the Lightning jack and proceed with the conversation
For what it's worth ...
I have an issue with my X1. I have the X1 connected to an iPod Classic using the supplied 30 pin to usb cable. I have the front switch with idevice selected. When I play tracks from the iPod Classic I notice that when I adjust the volume on the Classic there is a corresponding change in the volume coming from the X1. How is this possible ? Shouldn't moving the volume on the iPod Classic have no effect on the volume out from the X1 ? It is like the digital to analog conversion is still being processed by the Classic and the X1 is only operating as a headphone amplifier.
Am I missing something here ? Any help would be appreciated.
Your X1 is functioning correctly and your X1 is processing digital signal from your iDevice (flashing 44.1K LED). Furutech enabled the volume control on iDevices for user convenience.
What convenience, sorry!?
Other dac/amps (Fostex hp_p1, Hifi-M8 etc) disable the volume (yes) and even have the volume bar disappear on touch/iphone.
I don`t quite follow Furutechs thinking here.
- [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast
- › Which under-$100 USB DAC, from these choices? 39 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Trying to find some nice crisp/clear/crystal clear heahphones 4 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3