I bought a pair of shure shr840. I bought them used so the first set of ear pads are pretty much done. Im on the second pair and i know i am going to need some eventually and was wondering if there was anything better? i say this because i've heard of the shure shr440' being better with other ones. I was curious if there was anything better for the shr840's? maybe more comfortable? or should i just go with replacement pads that are made for it?
Related Forum Threads
- Hello Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SRH440 have had it not sure what to get now Last post on 7/16/14 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 440 with 840 or 940 Replacement Ear Cushions? Last post on 3/21/14 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure upgrade / replacement cable (SHR440, SHR840 etc etc) Last post on 3/9/14 at 11:49pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Portable Closed Headphones Last post on 1/6/14 at 5:23am in Headphones (full-size)
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SRH440's "better" pads are the ones on the SRH840s.
I've never tried the SRH840s with anything other than the 840 pads and the 940 velours. Both are very comfy. The velours do reduce the bass a little and does something odd to the treble that I didn't like.
just be aware, changing out the pads for something other than the original will tend to change the sound a bit. so if you were satisfied with the original sound and want to guarantee that sound, I'd say get the originals.
Yea. haha. Oh, ew. I may just stick with the 840's
Ohhh. Alright. Well in that case i might just stick with the 840's. I really like the sound
- Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HIFIMAN HE560 - Stock Configuration 1 minute ago
- › The WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from HD 598 to ? on Fiio X1 + E11K setup 2 minutes ago
- › Isolating cans: DT 770 32ohm or Custom One Pro ? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Rumours and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Sub for LSR305 5 minutes ago
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3