I bought a pair of shure shr840. I bought them used so the first set of ear pads are pretty much done. Im on the second pair and i know i am going to need some eventually and was wondering if there was anything better? i say this because i've heard of the shure shr440' being better with other ones. I was curious if there was anything better for the shr840's? maybe more comfortable? or should i just go with replacement pads that are made for it?
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SRH440 have had it not sure what to get now Last post on 7/16/14 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 440 with 840 or 940 Replacement Ear Cushions? Last post on 3/21/14 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure upgrade / replacement cable (SHR440, SHR840 etc etc) Last post on 3/9/14 at 11:49pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Portable Closed Headphones Last post on 1/6/14 at 5:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound isolation. Last post on 12/6/13 at 10:04am in Headphones (full-size)
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SRH440's "better" pads are the ones on the SRH840s.
I've never tried the SRH840s with anything other than the 840 pads and the 940 velours. Both are very comfy. The velours do reduce the bass a little and does something odd to the treble that I didn't like.
just be aware, changing out the pads for something other than the original will tend to change the sound a bit. so if you were satisfied with the original sound and want to guarantee that sound, I'd say get the originals.
Yea. haha. Oh, ew. I may just stick with the 840's
Ohhh. Alright. Well in that case i might just stick with the 840's. I really like the sound
- Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 seconds ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 1 minute ago
- › Console soundcard? 2 minutes ago
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 2 minutes ago
- › Open-ear headphone with nice, crisp bass? 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)