I bought a pair of shure shr840. I bought them used so the first set of ear pads are pretty much done. Im on the second pair and i know i am going to need some eventually and was wondering if there was anything better? i say this because i've heard of the shure shr440' being better with other ones. I was curious if there was anything better for the shr840's? maybe more comfortable? or should i just go with replacement pads that are made for it?
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SRH440 have had it not sure what to get now Last post on 7/16/14 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 440 with 840 or 940 Replacement Ear Cushions? Last post on 3/21/14 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure upgrade / replacement cable (SHR440, SHR840 etc etc) Last post on 3/9/14 at 11:49pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Portable Closed Headphones Last post on 1/6/14 at 5:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound isolation. Last post on 12/6/13 at 10:04am in Headphones (full-size)
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SRH440's "better" pads are the ones on the SRH840s.
I've never tried the SRH840s with anything other than the 840 pads and the 940 velours. Both are very comfy. The velours do reduce the bass a little and does something odd to the treble that I didn't like.
just be aware, changing out the pads for something other than the original will tend to change the sound a bit. so if you were satisfied with the original sound and want to guarantee that sound, I'd say get the originals.
Yea. haha. Oh, ew. I may just stick with the 840's
Ohhh. Alright. Well in that case i might just stick with the 840's. I really like the sound
- Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 40 seconds ago
- › New Gaming Headset 54 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio Ambassadors Program! 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)