I bought a pair of shure shr840. I bought them used so the first set of ear pads are pretty much done. Im on the second pair and i know i am going to need some eventually and was wondering if there was anything better? i say this because i've heard of the shure shr440' being better with other ones. I was curious if there was anything better for the shr840's? maybe more comfortable? or should i just go with replacement pads that are made for it?
Related Forum Threads
- Hello Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SRH440 have had it not sure what to get now Last post on 7/16/14 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 440 with 840 or 940 Replacement Ear Cushions? Last post on 3/21/14 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure upgrade / replacement cable (SHR440, SHR840 etc etc) Last post on 3/9/14 at 11:49pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Portable Closed Headphones Last post on 1/6/14 at 5:23am in Headphones (full-size)
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SRH440's "better" pads are the ones on the SRH840s.
I've never tried the SRH840s with anything other than the 840 pads and the 940 velours. Both are very comfy. The velours do reduce the bass a little and does something odd to the treble that I didn't like.
just be aware, changing out the pads for something other than the original will tend to change the sound a bit. so if you were satisfied with the original sound and want to guarantee that sound, I'd say get the originals.
Yea. haha. Oh, ew. I may just stick with the 840's
Ohhh. Alright. Well in that case i might just stick with the 840's. I really like the sound
- Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 second ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 6 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 8 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 53 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2