I bought a pair of shure shr840. I bought them used so the first set of ear pads are pretty much done. Im on the second pair and i know i am going to need some eventually and was wondering if there was anything better? i say this because i've heard of the shure shr440' being better with other ones. I was curious if there was anything better for the shr840's? maybe more comfortable? or should i just go with replacement pads that are made for it?
Related Forum Threads
- Shure 440 with 840 or 940 Replacement Ear Cushions? Last post on 3/21/14 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure upgrade / replacement cable (SHR440, SHR840 etc etc) Last post on 3/9/14 at 11:49pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Portable Closed Headphones Last post on 1/6/14 at 5:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound isolation. Last post on 12/6/13 at 10:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 240 mkii vs Shure SRH 440 Last post on 12/25/13 at 3:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SRH440's "better" pads are the ones on the SRH840s.
I've never tried the SRH840s with anything other than the 840 pads and the 940 velours. Both are very comfy. The velours do reduce the bass a little and does something odd to the treble that I didn't like.
just be aware, changing out the pads for something other than the original will tend to change the sound a bit. so if you were satisfied with the original sound and want to guarantee that sound, I'd say get the originals.
Yea. haha. Oh, ew. I may just stick with the 840's
Ohhh. Alright. Well in that case i might just stick with the 840's. I really like the sound
- Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 34 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet @ The Needle Doctor June 2014 Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › HD580 (with HD600 grills and Forza AudioWorks cable) 7 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)