Really excited that I just got these in the mail today. They fit amazingly and are awesome with my Fiio e7. I don't listen to classical on a daily basis but I have been listening to vivaldi all day with these and its amazing. I am definetly glad I got into this head-fi world!
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for alternative rock/ male vocals around $100 Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Relaxed sounding headphones. Last post on 6/19/14 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need quick advice on which hedphone to purchase for heavy home use (audiophile) Last post on 6/18/14 at 3:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- TDK ST800 Last post on 6/14/14 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for gaming <220 Last post on 6/12/14 at 7:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
New Sennheiser HD 558!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, good point. I have the older, HD-555 and I even used some newplast to apply a small layer inside the cups to kill any vibration. Though, I'd love to hear the HD-558s to see how the sound has changed since they updated the model.
I know how to do it but im not so sure on how it affects the sound. I use them for competitive gaming so gaining any sort of bass would be a bad thing. So what exactly does it do?
- New Sennheiser HD 558!
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables just now
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 23 seconds ago
- › I need help choosing headphones? 46 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 2 minutes ago
- › Taket H2 + Megahertz amp dedicate (combo) 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50 upgrade? HELP (urgent) 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)