Really excited that I just got these in the mail today. They fit amazingly and are awesome with my Fiio e7. I don't listen to classical on a daily basis but I have been listening to vivaldi all day with these and its amazing. I am definetly glad I got into this head-fi world!
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does every company have their particular sound? Last post on 10/1/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Finally getting real stuff Last post on 10/5/14 at 2:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 for my HD558 Last post on 10/1/14 at 12:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD558- Frequency V/S Imedance Curve Last post on 10/1/14 at 8:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Plantronics BackBeat Pro Last post on 9/28/14 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
New Sennheiser HD 558!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, good point. I have the older, HD-555 and I even used some newplast to apply a small layer inside the cups to kill any vibration. Though, I'd love to hear the HD-558s to see how the sound has changed since they updated the model.
I know how to do it but im not so sure on how it affects the sound. I use them for competitive gaming so gaining any sort of bass would be a bad thing. So what exactly does it do?
- New Sennheiser HD 558!
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › LFF Enigma (Suji) w/ Norne Vanquish 1 minute ago
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Black Aune T1 w/ upgraded caps 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Four vintage headphones for sale in very good to excellent... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)