Really excited that I just got these in the mail today. They fit amazingly and are awesome with my Fiio e7. I don't listen to classical on a daily basis but I have been listening to vivaldi all day with these and its amazing. I am definetly glad I got into this head-fi world!
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Relaxed sounding headphones. Last post on 6/19/14 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need quick advice on which hedphone to purchase for heavy home use (audiophile) Last post on 6/18/14 at 3:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- TDK ST800 Last post on 6/14/14 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for gaming <220 Last post on 6/12/14 at 7:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help removing Sennheiser HD558 Pads Last post on 6/10/14 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
New Sennheiser HD 558!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, good point. I have the older, HD-555 and I even used some newplast to apply a small layer inside the cups to kill any vibration. Though, I'd love to hear the HD-558s to see how the sound has changed since they updated the model.
I know how to do it but im not so sure on how it affects the sound. I use them for competitive gaming so gaining any sort of bass would be a bad thing. So what exactly does it do?
- New Sennheiser HD 558!
- › ZMF x Vibro Review, Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 51 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › dt990 DACs and amps and tubes and usb and omg brain melt 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › How do I find the right headphones for my preferences? 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)