Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › DT-770 Pro 80hms crappy bass
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DT-770 Pro 80hms crappy bass

post #1 of 38
Thread Starter 

UPS guy dropped off my headphones 5 minutes ago, I was so happy to hear them until I played a song on them with my Galaxy S3. These things lack so much bass. My brothers Beats have more bass. Is it because I have to burn them in? I don't have a amp yet but i will be getting the ZO2.3 soon. Will that make a difference or should I just return them and find bassier cans? Can anyone suggest anymore cans with bass that dont surpass $179.99 because that's how much I paid for the DT-770.

post #2 of 38
Make sure the seal is correct. I was like you until I moved the phones a bit forward, with the ear right over the driver . After I did that, insane bass.

Hope that helps
post #3 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post

Make sure the seal is correct. I was like you until I moved the phones a bit forward, with the ear right over the driver . After I did that, insane bass.

Hope that helps

I tried that, but still seem kinda low. Do you think the ZO2.3 will improve it greatly?

post #4 of 38
I think the next pair I buy will be the DT-770s just unsure if I want the 80 or 250ohm one.
In saying that, I think these cans are supposed to be pretty neutral with a slight bass colour.

If you like and enjoy the faked bloated bass of the beats, you should get beats.
It'll cost the same as these and that amp combined.
post #5 of 38

Weird, the Dt770 have loads of bass. Plug them to another source? have you tried Equing? 

post #6 of 38
Thread Starter 

I tried both my ipod and s3. I read a lot of reviews of people saying that after you burn them for 200 hours they sound better

post #7 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by er0senn1n View Post

I tried both my ipod and s3. I read a lot of reviews of people saying that after you burn them for 200 hours they sound better

 

Not necessary, out of the box you feel the bass already. 

post #8 of 38

That's insane, those suckers drop it like crazy..  Those ipods/phone might not have enough balls to get them going!!!

post #9 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by er0senn1n View Post

UPS guy dropped off my headphones 5 minutes ago, I was so happy to hear them until I played a song on them with my Galaxy S3. These things lack so much bass. My brothers Beats have more bass. Is it because I have to burn them in? I don't have a amp yet but i will be getting the ZO2.3 soon. Will that make a difference or should I just return them and find bassier cans? Can anyone suggest anymore cans with bass that dont surpass $179.99 because that's how much I paid for the DT-770.

The Beats have a +20dB boost to bass. Even the Sony XB500s don't have that much. If you want stupidly high levels of bass and nothing else, you might as well get beats. The alternative is a pair of XB500s and a Digizoid ZO amp.


Edited by Tangster - 1/18/13 at 4:47pm
post #10 of 38

I thought the DT770 Pro 80's were bass monsters? Maybe it has to do with how they are positioned on your head or you got a bad pair (very unlikely)

 

unless previously you were using beats or something that have super exaggerated bass 

post #11 of 38

I just got my first pair of headphones too.  I ordered the Custom One Pros and DT770.  I actually preferred the bass of the DT770 but the COP is much stronger without an amp.  Same price.  I'd take those over the beats.  

 

With an E11 my DT770 have me feeling pretty happy right now.  Maybe EQ it through accudio

post #12 of 38

I returned my 770's for having too much bass, anymore will ruin the sound in my opinion.

post #13 of 38

If you are using an IPod, a line out and Fiio E11 will do wonders.

post #14 of 38

You'd think an iphone has enough power to carry a 80 ohm load pair of headphones with average SPL. Plugged into the E9 the 770/80 almost matched the D5000 in terms of bass performance. The D5000 just has better, less recessed midrange and more sparkly treble. 

post #15 of 38

Not sure if this will help, but I just purchased a pair of the COPs with the FiiO E17.  I've heard these get better with some break in.  My primary listening source is an HP laptop with Beats Audio.  I didn't purchase the laptop because of the Beats Audio, but it does sound better than my Lenovo laptop.  I've compared sound with and without my new amp/dac.  Straight from the laptop I hear an emphasis on the bass.  Its not horrible, just more pronounced.  When I hook up the amp, the bass seems less emphasized.  What I've gained is a sense of more "air" between instruments and more controlled base with better definition.  Many moons ago, I was heavily invested in a home audio system where I spent more than double of my first car and was obsessed with the holly grail of sound vs. sitting back and enjoying the music :) I am a bit rusty on my audiophile lingo so hopefully this is somewhat helpful!


Cheers!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › DT-770 Pro 80hms crappy bass