@ Crookl, The cable I got is fully functional. Microphone, remote buttons. I live in Alberta, Canada and the cable has been exposed to sub zero (centrigrade) temperatures and has held up very well for nearly a week (I know, that's a long time. jokes). Fingers crossed. the cable looks good, feels good and the buttons don't feel flimsy. It's not as weighty as the original but it is certainly getting the job done. well.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for portable, over-ear closed headphones, under $200 Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum Headphones (Brown) Last post on 5/20/15 at 3:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 9/8/15 at 6:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 2/24/16 at 2:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Has anybody looked into 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter? Something like this: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=1413
If this adapter can fit into earcup jack, then I can use my 3.5mm M-80 cable. 2.5mm side of original twist-on MOMENTUM cable is 6mm in diameter, so that's a limiting factor. I just have no idea about the size of that adapter.
@fendercase: I tried looking up that seller on ebay, but no luck. It only comes back with cables from China ($16). You mentioned a very snugly fit. I assume that cable doesn't have twist-on top, just a typical straight connector and it works?
Those cables from china for $16 are the correct cables that I mentioned. Look at the pictures and you'll see they have the little groove on the side of the head just like the OEM cables. Available in black or red. So far so good after a few weeks of rugged daily use. I've got my headphones on 10 hours a day so it isn't a little bit of usage. The cable hasn't popped out of the headphone jack yet. A very snug fit.
This thread has been super helpful. Thanks so much fendercase btw.
I joined just to ask this question as I can't seem to find out. I'm not very technically savvy... but which of these replacement cables from China on Ebay is just a generic headphone plugin? They all seem to be for a specific phone model... I want the generic one that plugs into all phones/computers. I've got a Macbook Pro and a regular old Dell at my job. I use a Samsung Captivate Glide as my phone and the old mic/remote cable I had worked with all three. So I assume there is just a generic headphone jack... can you link me to the specific product on Ebay that suits that need?
Thanks so much...
I use the normal cable only, so the price is quite good then.
Oops sorry didn't see "other than from Sennheiser". Still interesting to see how much of the cost goes into the headband, judging the prices of the parts.
Edited by ToneHunter - 1/19/14 at 9:44pm
If anybody still cares, I'm trying out a 3.5mm cable with some 3.5 to 2.5 adapters because I hate how flimsy the stock cables are (broke both of mine just from unplugging them from the headphones) and really don't want to buy a Chinese knockoff cable. It looks like anything that plugs in at a right angle will not work because I tried this adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QU3JN4 and it did not work. I did buy this adapter and feel that it might work http://www.ebay.com/itm/261463676729?ss but I won't know until it arrives on Wednesday, I will reply back if it does in fact fit.
Update: It doesn't work. Just buy a Chinese cable.
Edited by Nanosuituser059 - 7/25/14 at 6:10pm
hi.. what cable did you got from Toxic Cables? can u post image/link?
This one is the Scorpion copper. Superb! You need to PM Frank as its not on his site.
- Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables
- › The decline of the forum signature 10 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 47 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 55 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official X1 2nd gen stable firmware discussion thread--version 1.2 5 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...