@ Crookl, The cable I got is fully functional. Microphone, remote buttons. I live in Alberta, Canada and the cable has been exposed to sub zero (centrigrade) temperatures and has held up very well for nearly a week (I know, that's a long time. jokes). Fingers crossed. the cable looks good, feels good and the buttons don't feel flimsy. It's not as weighty as the original but it is certainly getting the job done. well.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser Momentum (On ear vs Over ear) Help Last post on 4/14/14 at 7:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
- Listening Senn Momentum, AKG K550D, and PSB M4U2 Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with New Headphone selection: Denon D600, Hifiman HE400, Sony MDR-1R, Senn Momentum,... Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentums vs Sony MDR-1R Last post on 4/2/14 at 5:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2311/23/13 at 10:54am
Has anybody looked into 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter? Something like this: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=1413
If this adapter can fit into earcup jack, then I can use my 3.5mm M-80 cable. 2.5mm side of original twist-on MOMENTUM cable is 6mm in diameter, so that's a limiting factor. I just have no idea about the size of that adapter.
@fendercase: I tried looking up that seller on ebay, but no luck. It only comes back with cables from China ($16). You mentioned a very snugly fit. I assume that cable doesn't have twist-on top, just a typical straight connector and it works?post #18 of 2311/24/13 at 10:41am
Those cables from china for $16 are the correct cables that I mentioned. Look at the pictures and you'll see they have the little groove on the side of the head just like the OEM cables. Available in black or red. So far so good after a few weeks of rugged daily use. I've got my headphones on 10 hours a day so it isn't a little bit of usage. The cable hasn't popped out of the headphone jack yet. A very snug fit.
post #19 of 2312/13/13 at 1:12pm
This thread has been super helpful. Thanks so much fendercase btw.
I joined just to ask this question as I can't seem to find out. I'm not very technically savvy... but which of these replacement cables from China on Ebay is just a generic headphone plugin? They all seem to be for a specific phone model... I want the generic one that plugs into all phones/computers. I've got a Macbook Pro and a regular old Dell at my job. I use a Samsung Captivate Glide as my phone and the old mic/remote cable I had worked with all three. So I assume there is just a generic headphone jack... can you link me to the specific product on Ebay that suits that need?
Thanks so much...post #20 of 231/19/14 at 6:36amI'm a bit late to the party, but:
I use the normal cable only, so the price is quite good then.
Oops sorry didn't see "other than from Sennheiser". Still interesting to see how much of the cost goes into the headband, judging the prices of the parts.
Edited by ToneHunter - 1/19/14 at 9:44pmpost #21 of 232/17/14 at 3:00pmpost #22 of 233/6/14 at 6:05am
- Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Comparisons: 14 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 second ago
- › Oppo shows prototype of headphone amp/DAC/pre-amp 58 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50x or Sennheiser Momentum On Ear 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 7 minutes ago
- › The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 9 minutes ago
- › ibasso dx50 10 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob