@ Crookl, The cable I got is fully functional. Microphone, remote buttons. I live in Alberta, Canada and the cable has been exposed to sub zero (centrigrade) temperatures and has held up very well for nearly a week (I know, that's a long time. jokes). Fingers crossed. the cable looks good, feels good and the buttons don't feel flimsy. It's not as weighty as the original but it is certainly getting the job done. well.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for portable, over-ear closed headphones, under $200 Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum Headphones (Brown) Last post on 5/20/15 at 3:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 9/8/15 at 6:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 2/24/16 at 2:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
Wireless headphones…bluetooth even…last time I tried anything wireless was my cordless phone and before that was probably back in the “70’s” with an "all in one headphone with FM/AM radio", anyway...
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Has anybody looked into 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter? Something like this: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=1413
If this adapter can fit into earcup jack, then I can use my 3.5mm M-80 cable. 2.5mm side of original twist-on MOMENTUM cable is 6mm in diameter, so that's a limiting factor. I just have no idea about the size of that adapter.
@fendercase: I tried looking up that seller on ebay, but no luck. It only comes back with cables from China ($16). You mentioned a very snugly fit. I assume that cable doesn't have twist-on top, just a typical straight connector and it works?
Those cables from china for $16 are the correct cables that I mentioned. Look at the pictures and you'll see they have the little groove on the side of the head just like the OEM cables. Available in black or red. So far so good after a few weeks of rugged daily use. I've got my headphones on 10 hours a day so it isn't a little bit of usage. The cable hasn't popped out of the headphone jack yet. A very snug fit.
This thread has been super helpful. Thanks so much fendercase btw.
I joined just to ask this question as I can't seem to find out. I'm not very technically savvy... but which of these replacement cables from China on Ebay is just a generic headphone plugin? They all seem to be for a specific phone model... I want the generic one that plugs into all phones/computers. I've got a Macbook Pro and a regular old Dell at my job. I use a Samsung Captivate Glide as my phone and the old mic/remote cable I had worked with all three. So I assume there is just a generic headphone jack... can you link me to the specific product on Ebay that suits that need?
Thanks so much...
I use the normal cable only, so the price is quite good then.
Oops sorry didn't see "other than from Sennheiser". Still interesting to see how much of the cost goes into the headband, judging the prices of the parts.
Edited by ToneHunter - 1/19/14 at 9:44pm
If anybody still cares, I'm trying out a 3.5mm cable with some 3.5 to 2.5 adapters because I hate how flimsy the stock cables are (broke both of mine just from unplugging them from the headphones) and really don't want to buy a Chinese knockoff cable. It looks like anything that plugs in at a right angle will not work because I tried this adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QU3JN4 and it did not work. I did buy this adapter and feel that it might work http://www.ebay.com/itm/261463676729?ss but I won't know until it arrives on Wednesday, I will reply back if it does in fact fit.
Update: It doesn't work. Just buy a Chinese cable.
Edited by Nanosuituser059 - 7/25/14 at 6:10pm
hi.. what cable did you got from Toxic Cables? can u post image/link?
This one is the Scorpion copper. Superb! You need to PM Frank as its not on his site.
- Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Fostex HP-A4BL (the A4 with balanced output) 23 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 56 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for IEM upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread) 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...