I presently have a cheap pair of Sony mdr-xd100 headphones. My question is: Is it worth shelling out an extra $90 for the increase in audio quality, by upgrading to an mdr-v6, or should I keep my present headphones? Because if, for example, I will get essentially the same frequency response from going from the xd100 to the v6, then I don't think the $90 is worth it.
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- SONY HEADPHONES OF THE PAST&PRESENT, BASS, SOUNDSTAGE Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Models like Sony MDR V6 (sound and price wise) Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:37am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- are these Sony MDR-V6 fake? with pics Last post on 12/23/14 at 8:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do Sony MDRV6's still get the job done? Last post on 10/21/14 at 1:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- The next logical step up from the Sony MDR-V6? Last post on 10/9/14 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Extra $90 worth te upgrade to mdr-v6? (newbie question)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Frequency response isn't everything when looking at a headphone. At this point build quality and sound signature play a major role. As does comfort. If you compare my Grados to a set of Beats, they should have the same frequency response, but they couldn't be more different. I'd look around a few of the reviews here, and see if this is something you want to upgrade to. (Or was I talking about frequency range?)
Can't remember exactly since it has been a while, but they should be pretty decent cans. They've been around for a while now.
- Extra $90 worth te upgrade to mdr-v6? (newbie question)
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 12 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 29 seconds ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 38 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 45 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Alpha audio 59 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › JRiver Media Center 19 is better! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2