I presently have a cheap pair of Sony mdr-xd100 headphones. My question is: Is it worth shelling out an extra $90 for the increase in audio quality, by upgrading to an mdr-v6, or should I keep my present headphones? Because if, for example, I will get essentially the same frequency response from going from the xd100 to the v6, then I don't think the $90 is worth it.
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- SONY HEADPHONES OF THE PAST&PRESENT, BASS, SOUNDSTAGE Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Models like Sony MDR V6 (sound and price wise) Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:37am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- are these Sony MDR-V6 fake? with pics Last post on 12/23/14 at 8:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do Sony MDRV6's still get the job done? Last post on 10/21/14 at 1:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- The next logical step up from the Sony MDR-V6? Last post on 10/9/14 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Extra $90 worth te upgrade to mdr-v6? (newbie question)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Frequency response isn't everything when looking at a headphone. At this point build quality and sound signature play a major role. As does comfort. If you compare my Grados to a set of Beats, they should have the same frequency response, but they couldn't be more different. I'd look around a few of the reviews here, and see if this is something you want to upgrade to. (Or was I talking about frequency range?)
Can't remember exactly since it has been a while, but they should be pretty decent cans. They've been around for a while now.
- Extra $90 worth te upgrade to mdr-v6? (newbie question)
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Vinylflat Can Opener 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › First DAC for A-T AD900X 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Audioquest Diamond USB Type A to Type B 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2