I presently have a cheap pair of Sony mdr-xd100 headphones. My question is: Is it worth shelling out an extra $90 for the increase in audio quality, by upgrading to an mdr-v6, or should I keep my present headphones? Because if, for example, I will get essentially the same frequency response from going from the xd100 to the v6, then I don't think the $90 is worth it.
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-V6 at Amazon Last post on 6/30/14 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- sony mdr v6 and fiio e6 Last post on 6/30/14 at 3:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for New Over-Ears Last post on 6/17/14 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Durable Full Sized Headphones under US$50 - Part 2 :P Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- ASUS Xonar Essence One + AKG Q701 Last post on 6/11/14 at 8:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Extra $90 worth te upgrade to mdr-v6? (newbie question)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Frequency response isn't everything when looking at a headphone. At this point build quality and sound signature play a major role. As does comfort. If you compare my Grados to a set of Beats, they should have the same frequency response, but they couldn't be more different. I'd look around a few of the reviews here, and see if this is something you want to upgrade to. (Or was I talking about frequency range?)
Can't remember exactly since it has been a while, but they should be pretty decent cans. They've been around for a while now.
- Extra $90 worth te upgrade to mdr-v6? (newbie question)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Best HQ music streaming service 1 minute ago
- › How to fix broken left speaker of headphone due to plug in USB to... 2 minutes ago
- › Plug Headphone directly to Soundcard broke 1 Headphone channel 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Xonar DG to Soundblaster Z? 7 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar DSX - surroud through optical out help 7 minutes ago
- › 1st Annual New Jersey Rt17 Meetup - Aug 30 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 12 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)