I presently have a cheap pair of Sony mdr-xd100 headphones. My question is: Is it worth shelling out an extra $90 for the increase in audio quality, by upgrading to an mdr-v6, or should I keep my present headphones? Because if, for example, I will get essentially the same frequency response from going from the xd100 to the v6, then I don't think the $90 is worth it.
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Models like Sony MDR V6 (sound and price wise) Last post on 12/13/14 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- are these Sony MDR-V6 fake? with pics Last post on 10/22/14 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do Sony MDRV6's still get the job done? Last post on 10/21/14 at 1:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- The next logical step up from the Sony MDR-V6? Last post on 10/9/14 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Inexpensive headphones for monitoring audio in movie production Last post on 9/18/14 at 10:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
Extra $90 worth te upgrade to mdr-v6? (newbie question)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Frequency response isn't everything when looking at a headphone. At this point build quality and sound signature play a major role. As does comfort. If you compare my Grados to a set of Beats, they should have the same frequency response, but they couldn't be more different. I'd look around a few of the reviews here, and see if this is something you want to upgrade to. (Or was I talking about frequency range?)
Can't remember exactly since it has been a while, but they should be pretty decent cans. They've been around for a while now.
- Extra $90 worth te upgrade to mdr-v6? (newbie question)
- › SE535 Help 9 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 13 seconds ago
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 16 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 21 seconds ago
- › vacuum tube science 36 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 38 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 47 seconds ago
- › Introduction to HiFi world and still have to learn somethings :). I... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)