I presently have a cheap pair of Sony mdr-xd100 headphones. My question is: Is it worth shelling out an extra $90 for the increase in audio quality, by upgrading to an mdr-v6, or should I keep my present headphones? Because if, for example, I will get essentially the same frequency response from going from the xd100 to the v6, then I don't think the $90 is worth it.
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- SONY HEADPHONES OF THE PAST&PRESENT, BASS, SOUNDSTAGE Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Models like Sony MDR V6 (sound and price wise) Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:37am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- are these Sony MDR-V6 fake? with pics Last post on 12/23/14 at 8:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do Sony MDRV6's still get the job done? Last post on 10/21/14 at 1:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- The next logical step up from the Sony MDR-V6? Last post on 10/9/14 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Extra $90 worth te upgrade to mdr-v6? (newbie question)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Frequency response isn't everything when looking at a headphone. At this point build quality and sound signature play a major role. As does comfort. If you compare my Grados to a set of Beats, they should have the same frequency response, but they couldn't be more different. I'd look around a few of the reviews here, and see if this is something you want to upgrade to. (Or was I talking about frequency range?)
Can't remember exactly since it has been a while, but they should be pretty decent cans. They've been around for a while now.
- Extra $90 worth te upgrade to mdr-v6? (newbie question)
- › La Figaro 339 57 seconds ago
- › Aune M1, powerful WAV player 1 minute ago
- › Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?... 8 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2