Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = - Page 62

post #916 of 1673
Thread Starter 

The extra step is still in flux. I've tried it with a great deal of success to my own ears, but Modulor will be testing it himself and deciding whether or not it'd be worth his extra time to incorporate it into the next batch.

 

Those with the first batch of Modulor pads could in fact do this step themselves if they are somewhat handy; it is a very destructive and permanent step though. The cool thing is with the way Modulor made the jergpads, you won't see this extra step visually.

 

And again, it's in flux still, meaning we could still possibly improve it in some way.

post #917 of 1673

I have a hard time imagining what you are up to, but I have a feeling whatever it is, it isn't really to improve sound quality.

post #918 of 1673
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

I have a hard time imagining what you are up to, but I have a feeling whatever it is, it isn't really to improve sound quality.

It is actually 100% for the sake of improving sound quality. More specifically, it's a shot at resolving an issue with the sound of jergpads/pleather earpad in general.

 

Hint: wonky midrange

 

 

Don't worry, Modulor and I will get transparent with this all once we've confirmed what the final version of this mod (if it will even be in consensus) will be like.


Edited by jerg - 8/31/13 at 4:58pm
post #919 of 1673
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

It is actually 100% for the sake of improving sound quality. More specifically, it's a shot at resolving an issue with the sound of jergpads/pleather earpad in general.

 

Hint: wonky midrange

 

 

Don't worry, Modulor and I will get transparent with this all once we've confirmed what the final version of this mod (if it will even be in consensus) will be like.

popcorn.gif

post #920 of 1673

It's a busy weekend for me so far, but a long one so I've got Monday at my disposal to experiment with...plus, get the tutorial pulled together.  Keep an eye out for updates/impressions then! smily_headphones1.gif

post #921 of 1673
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

The extra step is still in flux. I've tried it with a great deal of success to my own ears, but Modulor will be testing it himself and deciding whether or not it'd be worth his extra time to incorporate it into the next batch.

 

Those with the first batch of Modulor pads could in fact do this step themselves if they are somewhat handy; it is a very destructive and permanent step though. The cool thing is with the way Modulor made the jergpads, you won't see this extra step visually.

 

And again, it's in flux still, meaning we could still possibly improve it in some way.

 

Destructive to the pads I assume and nothing to do with the HE-500 body I hope?

post #922 of 1673
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post

 

Destructive to the pads I assume and nothing to do with the HE-500 body I hope?

Nah, it's just additional slicing-and-dicing of the pads.

post #923 of 1673
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

I have a hard time imagining what you are up to, but I have a feeling whatever it is, it isn't really to improve sound quality.

You're just an all around non believer in jerg pads, aren't you?? tongue_smile.gif

post #924 of 1673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thujone View Post

You're just an all around non believer in jerg pads, aren't you?? tongue_smile.gif
He is an all around non believer about any audio stuff he doesnt own biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/3/13 at 9:56am
post #925 of 1673
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

He is an all around non believer about any audio stuff he doesnt own biggrin.gif

Gawd, I just saw that post was actually about ME when viewing subscriptions->last post!

 

I have made my own jergpads with my own hands, something you can't say (failed attempts don't count)

 

Lol..biggrin.gif

 

Seriously, I am all into new stuff if it makes remotely sense to me..


Edited by davidsh - 9/3/13 at 1:20pm
post #926 of 1673
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Gawd, I just saw that post was actually about ME when viewing subscriptions->last post!

 

I have made my own jergpads with my own hands, something you can't say (failed attempts don't count)

 

Lol..biggrin.gif

 

Seriously, I am all into new stuff if it makes remotely sense to me..

Liar! I made my own!

 

modulor's are just prettier than mine... who could resist??

post #927 of 1673

^Did I quote you?

 

On another note, I'd wish the new mod would adress some of the incoherency of the mids compared to velours, though I don't see how to improve on that aspect.. The only thing I like over the jergpads when we are talking vocals, is the coherency the velours seem to have. Don't misunderstand me here, the velour mids are definitely flawed in other ways.

post #928 of 1673
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

^Did I quote you?

 

On another note, I'd wish the new mod would adress some of the incoherency of the mids compared to velours, though I don't see how to improve on that aspect.. The only thing I like over the jergpads when we are talking vocals, is the coherency the velours seem to have. Don't misunderstand me here, the velour mids are definitely flawed in other ways.

 

damn u have lots of haters already... what did u do?killa sweet fluffy kittycat? :D

 

seriously...i think i read here on this thead the 'dynamic duo' are now working on a way to take care of that midrange thingie... we just have to wait... and ..i did made 2 pair of jerg pads... and although they are not good...and 1 i had to throw away..1 i even put on my headphones...it sounded horrible..lolz....the modulor pads just is in another league (especially that i now did the 180degrees vents reverse action)..and i am glad i am one of the first ones to have one pair...am waiting what they have on their sleeves for rev. 3...

and about my mishaps with building pads..well...lets say i have other specialities... but am glad we have modulor and jerg kind of people.. :gs1000smile:..if we were all evely handy in everything this world would be utmost boring..dont u think so? as now u can make make funny remarks on those poor basterds (like me) who cant even cut holes in a pair of pads... and u will feel better then after joking...and so not grabbing for alcohol to feel good...:veryevil:..u see... everything has its purpose in life... :rolleyes:


Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/3/13 at 3:32pm
post #929 of 1673
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

^Did I quote you?

No, I just thought you were addressing my initial question, whoops! :o

post #930 of 1673

so I got the dampening mod done, and I definitely prefer them thus far over the velour (i started with velour for the first 3 days)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =