or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = - Page 101

post #1501 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

^ oh oh,  master sewer is back at it again.  :p

Triumphant return haha...yes, it is true...I just decided today after looking at my long term schedule.

 

For those interested and looking for more details, just shoot me a PM!  I've already replied to a few PMs from today, as well as 'PMs of interest' dating back to Dec.

post #1502 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post
 

Triumphant return haha...yes, it is true...I just decided today after looking at my long term schedule.

 

For those interested and looking for more details, just shoot me a PM!  I've already replied to a few PMs from today, as well as 'PMs of interest' dating back to Dec.

:beerchug:

Will you have a trade-in program?  :D  Mine doesn't smell as good anymore.

post #1503 of 1702

damn, wondering if i want a replacement pair..lol

post #1504 of 1702

Now I know what people means with cavey in relation to pleather and HE-500! Compared to HE-5le with damping holes in the pads, the HE-500 sounds... closed and cavey

post #1505 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Now I know what people means with cavey in relation to pleather and HE-500! Compared to HE-5le with damping holes in the pads, the HE-500 sounds... closed and cavey
How do they compare with the same pads though? tongue.gif
post #1506 of 1702
That is indeed the question but first I'll slab on some velour pads for both of them for a more fair comparison
post #1507 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

:beerchug:

Will you have a trade-in program?  :D  Mine doesn't smell as good anymore.

New accessory official announcement: I call it 'the refresher tab' which is basically scented paper you can use to revitalize your pads.  In other words, I have some old Cosmos and Vogue around the office here...do you want Bieber's The Key or Lady Gaga Fame?

 

Jørgpâd Eau de Cologne... por homme.  There's some real untapped endorsement potential here :cool:

post #1508 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post
 

New accessory official announcement: I call it 'the refresher tab' which is basically scented paper you can use to revitalize your pads.  In other words, I have some old Cosmos and Vogue around the office here...do you want Bieber's The Key or Lady Gaga Fame?

 

Jørgpâd Eau de Cologne... por homme.  There's some real untapped endorsement potential here :cool:

:beerchug: I like it

post #1509 of 1702
Modular Jergpads or HE-560? That is the question.
post #1510 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioking59 View Post

Modular Jergpads or HE-560? That is the question.
He560 WITH modulor pads? biggrin.gif
post #1511 of 1702

Just received my pads today... I'm pretty much speechless. The only thing I have against them is the fact that the treble is a little less than what I'd want, but the mid-->treble transition is great, so it kind of makes up for it :)

 

Edit: Man, the more and more I listen, I hear much a much more coherent....sound. Mid-treble is so smooth and natural, the mids are very clean sounding and retained that thick sound to it that I hoped it would from the pleathers. I can't say anything bad about the HE-500 at this point...


Edited by Nimzerz - 1/28/14 at 5:28pm
post #1512 of 1702
A bit offtopic..but i just found out the moderators locked the he500 appreciation thread for some reason.....i feel sorry for the newbies who need help to find the right info for their he500 or info about the he500 in general.... I loved being on that thread and had been there for 3 years an active poster there...
People have to watch their words when posting...the mOderators are very strict on what not to say or how to act according to their rules..and some of us forgot that..with this result..hope those people learn from this...as with their behavior they single handly took out a very informative database for people owning a he500 or wanting to buy one. ..again a thread got locked because of people not obeying the rules of posting here.. redface.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 1/28/14 at 5:51pm
post #1513 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

Just received my pads today... I'm pretty much speechless. The only thing I have against them is the fact that the treble is a little less than what I'd want, but the mid-->treble transition is great, so it kind of makes up for it smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Man, the more and more I listen, I hear much a much more coherent....sound. Mid-treble is so smooth and natural, the mids are very clean sounding and retained that thick sound to it that I hoped it would from the pleathers. I can't say anything bad about the HE-500 at this point...
Justbtry the opengrill mod also...if u wanna test it first..take out the grills from both sides....and while listening push them against the opening again..and then close ur eyes and see if u hear the soundstage widening while u pushnthem away and closing in when u have them pushed on the phone again...its easy test...try it..for me with the modulor pads it gave that little extra in soundquality wink.gif
post #1514 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Justbtry the opengrill mod also...if u wanna test it first..take out the grills from both sides....and while listening push them against the opening again..and then close ur eyes and see if u hear the soundstage widening while u pushnthem away and closing in when u have them pushed on the phone again...its easy test...try it..for me with the modulor pads it gave that little extra in soundquality wink.gif

Nimzerz is very advanced when it comes to HE500.  Trust me on this !  :D

post #1515 of 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Justbtry the opengrill mod also...if u wanna test it first..take out the grills from both sides....and while listening push them against the opening again..and then close ur eyes and see if u hear the soundstage widening while u pushnthem away and closing in when u have them pushed on the phone again...its easy test...try it..for me with the modulor pads it gave that little extra in soundquality wink.gif


Oh, I've already removed the cloth and done the mod :P

Edit: wow that bass...i've never heard anything like it. I haven't even added the adhesives yet. Flat to 25hz. Prob better than LCD2, but i've never heard an audeze yet :P


Edited by Nimzerz - 1/28/14 at 6:02pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =