Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = - Page 90

post #1336 of 1658
Thread Starter 

All Tyll did in that video was extracting the drivers, which is simple (pop off the earpads, unscrew the driver-retaining ring, de-solder the driver connections and they come right out).

 

As for other things like detaching the cups / gimbals etc from eachother, I haven't seen or tried nothing.

post #1337 of 1658

Very clean mod, well done. 

post #1338 of 1658

Is step 6 (Outer Damping Holes for HE-500) recommended for the HE-400s?  

 

I tried doing a search in the thread, but the keywords were broad and came up with unrelated responses.


Edited by solessthanthree - 12/5/13 at 12:15pm
post #1339 of 1658
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by solessthanthree View Post
 

Is step 6 (Outer Damping Holes for HE-500) recommended for the HE-400s?  

 

I tried doing a search in the thread, but the keywords were pretty broad.

No, IMO it's only really needed with HE500.

post #1340 of 1658

Thanks Jerg, I really do appreciate all the work you've done for the community with your HE-400/500 mods/upgrades.  This is such an amazing community and resource because of people like you!

post #1341 of 1658
Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by solessthanthree View Post

 
Is step 6 (Outer Damping Holes for HE-500) recommended for the HE-400s?  

I tried doing a search in the thread, but the keywords were pretty broad.
No, IMO it's only really needed with HE500.
You mean he400
post #1342 of 1658
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Y
You mean he400

Like I said, HE500. HE400 doesn't need it.

post #1343 of 1658

Yeah, got it mixed up, even after reading it several times.

post #1344 of 1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

Head-Fi: Teaching men to sew since 2013


hahahaha

post #1345 of 1658
Just had a harrowing experience inside a Michaels craft store searching for jergpad parts. Was completely lost under mile high racks full of millions of items. Modulor's instructions said to go to the scrapbooking section. Joke's on us it turns out because the ENTIRE store is one big scrapbooking section. Finally a worker found me wandering aimlessly and asked me what I was looking for. I mumbled "creatology". She seemed to know what I was going to say and brought me to the right place before I could get all the words out. My guess is that the only other male to venture into this store in the past decade was also constructing a set of jergpads.
post #1346 of 1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

Just had a harrowing experience inside a Michaels craft store searching for jergpad parts. Was completely lost under mile high racks full of millions of items. Modulor's instructions said to go to the scrapbooking section. Joke's on us it turns out because the ENTIRE store is one big scrapbooking section. Finally a worker found me wandering aimlessly and asked me what I was looking for. I mumbled "creatology". She seemed to know what I was going to say and brought me to the right place before I could get all the words out. My guess is that the only other male to venture into this store in the past decade was also constructing a set of jergpads.

lol

 

At least they typically have attractive ladies working there. Then again, that proves to be another distraction.

post #1347 of 1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

Just had a harrowing experience inside a Michaels craft store searching for jergpad parts. Was completely lost under mile high racks full of millions of items. Modulor's instructions said to go to the scrapbooking section. Joke's on us it turns out because the ENTIRE store is one big scrapbooking section. Finally a worker found me wandering aimlessly and asked me what I was looking for. I mumbled "creatology". She seemed to know what I was going to say and brought me to the right place before I could get all the words out. My guess is that the only other male to venture into this store in the past decade was also constructing a set of jergpads.

 

Now you need to go to a fabric store to take sewing lessons  :D

post #1348 of 1658

I hear Michael's will be offering Anax mod and Jergpad mod kits soon. 

post #1349 of 1658

Another great thread by jerg!

post #1350 of 1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post
 

I hear Michael's will be offering Anax mod and Jergpad mod kits soon. 

 

With regards to the Jergpads - do you mean the pads with holes pre-cut and whatnot...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhgourami View Post
 

Another great thread by jerg!

 

Never heard of him. ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =