Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Will the Hifiman HE400 and HE500 end up like the old Denons and become very expensive? Last post on 6/11/14 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD-650 vs HE-500 vs HE-400i vs HD-598 Last post on 4/29/14 at 7:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- He-500 cable problem Last post on 4/27/14 at 8:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Will a Fiio X3 adequately drive the Hifiman HE 500 or should i go for the HE 400 (as both as... Last post on 3/17/14 at 4:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hifiman He-400 vs He-500 vs Beyerdynamic T90 Last post on 1/6/14 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = - Page 77
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry about the Bears, but thanks for the photos, esp. of the back side. I reckon my mod adjustment got mine looking like yours (proper back vents). Yours look much neater than my hack (first photo). Congrats.
LMAO. That was one thing I made sure I did when I pulled, fixed and reattached the problematic pad. Now, WTF is my gold star?!
They are Sennheiser headbands. I used some double sided tape to get them on and it fits nicely.
It helps a lot, one of the few things I don't like about the HE-500 is that the padding is really thin on the headband. But, it's an easy fix.
Edited by kard16 - 11/10/13 at 8:05pm
Well, I ordered a pair. Looks like I've spent money on yet another mod for the HE-500.
Grill mod yet? simple, free one. Take out the cloth glued to the stock grill! voila... More air and more open. It worked great for me.
I found no need yet to go to the extreme of changing the grill like jerg and some others have done.
Status of Round 2 update:
I've had some travel plans scheduled for the last weekend in November and was on schedule to ship all orders the week before I left despite incurring some previous supply delays. In an unfortunate twist on my schedule, I had some unexpected travel this past weekend for a personal family matter where I was gone Friday-Monday, and now will have to travel next weekend for a funeral (unrelated events, but it was a close friend that passed and I will have to fly out of town). Needless to say, this extra travel has cut into the time required to finish up so there will be a delay in completion of Round 2 orders - my new target for shipment is early December. I apologize in advance as I tried to plan for unforeseen schedule changes but November is shaping up to be a lot more hectic than I anticipated. I hope everyone understands and I thank you all for your patience. As soon as orders are completed, packaged and shipped, I will be contacting those members the same day with shipping/tracking information.
For those members that don't check the thread regularly, I will try to get PMs out to everyone with this updated information in the next day or two. Thanks again to all you wonderful head-fi peoples and those participating in this group buy for your support with this endeavor
I've been testing my JergulorX pads the past few days, fiddlin' and tweakin', and discovered that the back vents with the Creatology foam were produce a serious bass response to the point that it was rather "bloomy". For some songs that already have a serious low end, that tended to intrude into neighboring frequencies, making certain mid frequencies recessed, esp. rhythm guitar, etc. Mids like vocals and such were fine. While the thumping, rumbling bass was fun at times, the overall sound was less than accurate.
I did a quick test by covering the open back sections with electrical tape, which definitely reduced the bloom. In the end I redid the mounting rings with just the double-sided, hole-punched photo stickies (I doubled them), and now the sound is much more accurate, but those songs that have some serious low end are still quite satisfying.
My chain is:
24/96 FLACs -> foobar2000 with Output set to U2 USB DAC in WASAPI Event Mode -> USB extension cable -> HiFimeDIY USB isolator into U2 Sabre DAC -> AudioQuest Golden Gate mini-to-RCA -> Schiit Lyr running Super Cryo Reflector 6N23P-EV Military Matched Pair -> plusSounds custom cable -> HE-500.
I've also got custom grills like jerg's, with a sheer organza fabric dust shield (quite see-through). Oh, and I did the felt mod taped to the metal frame behind the grills.
Not sure if that's of any interest, but figured I'd share it.
For now, I'm a happy camper
- = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 32 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 headphones and 10' Stefan Audio Art cable 50 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › How Head-fi has helped you on your audiophile journey 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)