I think Munky Nutz is making one for his wooden cup swapping guide but I've not seen one myself aside from Tyll's driver teardown
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-400 vs. HE-500 vs. HE-4 Comparison Last post on 12/2/13 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 11/26/13 at 3:36pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- He 500 fix the "zingy" sound of the HE 400? Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone pressure Last post on 10/28/13 at 12:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- he400 trade for he4 or,he5le he500 plus cash Last post on 11/1/13 at 1:05pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/3/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = (Modulor orders updated - November) - Page 90post #1336 of 134111/30/13 at 2:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 134111/30/13 at 2:22pmThread Starter
All Tyll did in that video was extracting the drivers, which is simple (pop off the earpads, unscrew the driver-retaining ring, de-solder the driver connections and they come right out).
As for other things like detaching the cups / gimbals etc from eachother, I haven't seen or tried nothing.post #1338 of 134112/4/13 at 11:42ampost #1339 of 134112/5/13 at 11:56am
Is step 6 (Outer Damping Holes for HE-500) recommended for the HE-400s?
I tried doing a search in the thread, but the keywords were broad and came up with unrelated responses.
Edited by solessthanthree - Today at 12:15 pmpost #1340 of 134112/5/13 at 12:14pmThread StarterQuote:
No, IMO it's only really needed with HE500.post #1341 of 134112/5/13 at 12:39pm
Thanks Jerg, I really do appreciate all the work you've done for the community with your HE-400/500 mods/upgrades. This is such an amazing community and resource because of people like you!
- = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = (Modulor orders updated - November)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser ORPHEUS HE-90 *LIKE NEW* MINT CONDITION *ORIGINAL... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › ath-m50s now what 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi