- 1,384 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Location: Germany
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 1/17/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productPhilips Fidelio M1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productPhilips Fidelio X1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 1/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI-2400 Vs. Audio Technica ATHESW9 Last post on 11/27/12 at 11:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1 Last post on Today at 7:19 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement for Denon AH-D2000 Last post on 11/20/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 Last post on 12/1/13 at 9:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DIY Audio Technica ESW9 headphones - $80 Shipped Last post on 11/23/13 at 11:48pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? - Page 2
Poll Results: Which is a better choice?
44 Total Votespost #16 of 261/22/13 at 6:30aml1 is warm and muffeld and semi open. m1 is even warmer and more muffeld. dont know about x1
25% (11)V-MODA M-100
63% (28)Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 261/22/13 at 1:01pmThread Starterpost #18 of 261/22/13 at 9:30pmQuote:
It's because of the X1s. If you wanna know why, go to here (http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1) Whole bunch of impressions in that thread.
I do have to say however, these are not for portable usage, mainly home.
Edited by KRAZIESE7EN - 1/22/13 at 9:32pmpost #19 of 261/23/13 at 12:10amThread Starter
Ok, gotcha. But the X1 isn't portable like the M-100, so I think that excludes it as a finalist.. So much for the L1 and M1... But, certainly, at some point I can consider the X1 as a strictly at home headphone, since it is open and perhaps a wider sound stage than the M-100... It would be interesting to have 2 awesome headphones that sound differently, but are both exquisite in their own right.post #20 of 261/23/13 at 11:51amThread Starterpost #21 of 261/24/13 at 2:17pmThread Starterpost #22 of 261/24/13 at 5:18pmThread Starterpost #23 of 263/10/13 at 10:29am
I didn't think it fair for me to vote as I haven't heard all the candidates. I do have the ATH-ESW9 model and like them very much, listening mostly to 'world' and acoustic music. I have Fidelio L1's on order but have not heard them yet. I like a mid-forward sound profile, and although I like a tight and well-controlled bass, I am not what might be considered a basshead. Having said all that, I have the HD25 and about a dozen portables and the ATH-ESW9 are currently my favorites of the bunch. My $0.02.post #24 of 265/2/13 at 11:15pmpost #25 of 265/8/13 at 4:51amI've just received the L1, and I think they sound really great. I have Shure 1840, HD598, B&W P5 and I think these are the most fun sounding. Shure 1840 is far more detailed and have much less bass. I'm using the L1 unamped just from the notebook, I'll try later to use the Dacport LX + C421. Anyhow, they make me smile so I think they are great.post #26 of 266/28/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
this is partially incorrect. to my surprise they L1 do isolate a considerable amount of external noise, but they are not suitable for outdoor use.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Lets Talk Metal 30 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 37 seconds ago
- › Office headphones: SRH440, Q460, HD280 Pro or others 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 4 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe