I'm looking for something with outstanding sound (primarily) and portability (secondarily). I'm leaning towards M-100 unless someone can eloquently talk me out of it.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 1/17/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productPhilips Fidelio M1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productPhilips Fidelio X1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 1/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips X1 vs L1 vs Vmoda M100 Last post on 3/8/13 at 8:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-2400 Vs. Audio Technica ATHESW9 Last post on 11/27/12 at 11:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1 Last post on 6/30/15 at 1:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help Last post on 3/9/15 at 11:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100?
Poll Results: Which is a better choice?
20% (16)V-MODA M-100
67% (53)Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
With 2 days of research, the ones I've listed are what I came up with as the most readily available best. Haven't heard much about ue6000 or 1r, so hard to determine how they could be better choices than Fidelio M1, ATH-ESW9, or V-MODA M-100. Please remember to vote in the poll.
Edited by FreshSounds - 1/19/13 at 11:27am
the m1 is low fi, compared to the others. you should also consider dt770 le and cops. i will not use the poll, because i would not choose either of these.and i had them all. guess what? i am using s500s for everything right now.
That's funny -- I love JVC's cheaper earbuds due to their nice smooth lows... So I wasn't surprised to hear they had a nice over the ear with the S500. However, I really enjoyed the V-Moda LPs when I had them, so I was looking to build upon that experience. Further, the V-Modas have a 50mm driver -vs- JVC's 40mm. Therefore my exclusion of the s500... But maybe I should take a second look. Right now Fidelio is winning the poll. I need more votes!
Edited by FreshSounds - 1/19/13 at 4:32pm
The M-100 has a "fun" sort of sound and is extremely portable. I'd recommend getting the M-100.
I can't vote as I've no experience with any of the 3 options. I am, however, anxiously awaiting the results of your poll. For Christmas (I know this is Jan already...) I'm giving my kids (17 year old son & 18 y.o. daughter) a set of headphones that 1.) sound great & 2.) they won't be embarrassed to wear. After driving them around central Ohio for the chance to barely "sample" various headphones they both love the look of the V-Moda 100s. No place we went had V-anythings to listen to, but as noted before they love the look as in "all things being equal, those look like they sound the best!"
I've been researching since Thanksgiving though and, with everything I've read in Head-Fi forums & elsewhere, I don't think I can go wrong with the V-Moda 100s.
Edited by BobsYourUncle - 1/20/13 at 7:36pm
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 33 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM - impressions and... 57 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Apple Music... Seriously? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony SBH80: Wireless to the Next Level: Review 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 9 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 10 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)