I'm looking for something with outstanding sound (primarily) and portability (secondarily). I'm leaning towards M-100 unless someone can eloquently talk me out of it.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 1/17/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productPhilips Fidelio M1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productPhilips Fidelio X1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 1/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips X1 vs L1 vs Vmoda M100 Last post on 3/8/13 at 8:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-2400 Vs. Audio Technica ATHESW9 Last post on 11/27/12 at 11:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1 Last post on 7/29/15 at 5:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help Last post on 3/9/15 at 11:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100?
Poll Results: Which is a better choice?
20% (16)V-MODA M-100
67% (53)Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
With 2 days of research, the ones I've listed are what I came up with as the most readily available best. Haven't heard much about ue6000 or 1r, so hard to determine how they could be better choices than Fidelio M1, ATH-ESW9, or V-MODA M-100. Please remember to vote in the poll.
Edited by FreshSounds - 1/19/13 at 11:27am
the m1 is low fi, compared to the others. you should also consider dt770 le and cops. i will not use the poll, because i would not choose either of these.and i had them all. guess what? i am using s500s for everything right now.
That's funny -- I love JVC's cheaper earbuds due to their nice smooth lows... So I wasn't surprised to hear they had a nice over the ear with the S500. However, I really enjoyed the V-Moda LPs when I had them, so I was looking to build upon that experience. Further, the V-Modas have a 50mm driver -vs- JVC's 40mm. Therefore my exclusion of the s500... But maybe I should take a second look. Right now Fidelio is winning the poll. I need more votes!
Edited by FreshSounds - 1/19/13 at 4:32pm
The M-100 has a "fun" sort of sound and is extremely portable. I'd recommend getting the M-100.
I can't vote as I've no experience with any of the 3 options. I am, however, anxiously awaiting the results of your poll. For Christmas (I know this is Jan already...) I'm giving my kids (17 year old son & 18 y.o. daughter) a set of headphones that 1.) sound great & 2.) they won't be embarrassed to wear. After driving them around central Ohio for the chance to barely "sample" various headphones they both love the look of the V-Moda 100s. No place we went had V-anythings to listen to, but as noted before they love the look as in "all things being equal, those look like they sound the best!"
I've been researching since Thanksgiving though and, with everything I've read in Head-Fi forums & elsewhere, I don't think I can go wrong with the V-Moda 100s.
Edited by BobsYourUncle - 1/20/13 at 7:36pm
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 30 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Headphones for bluray movies please 8 minutes ago
- › Stax SRM-1/Mk2 Re-cap 10 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour 10 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3