I'm looking for something with outstanding sound (primarily) and portability (secondarily). I'm leaning towards M-100 unless someone can eloquently talk me out of it.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 1/17/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productPhilips Fidelio M1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productPhilips Fidelio X1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 1/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI-2400 Vs. Audio Technica ATHESW9 Last post on 11/27/12 at 11:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1 Last post on Today at 2:37 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones Last post on 7/29/14 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fidelio X1 vs V-MODA M-100 as basshead can? Last post on 7/2/14 at 12:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Denon D600 or? (for PC) Last post on 5/13/14 at 12:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100?
Poll Results: Which is a better choice?
19% (13)V-MODA M-100
68% (45)Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
With 2 days of research, the ones I've listed are what I came up with as the most readily available best. Haven't heard much about ue6000 or 1r, so hard to determine how they could be better choices than Fidelio M1, ATH-ESW9, or V-MODA M-100. Please remember to vote in the poll.
Edited by FreshSounds - 1/19/13 at 11:27am
the m1 is low fi, compared to the others. you should also consider dt770 le and cops. i will not use the poll, because i would not choose either of these.and i had them all. guess what? i am using s500s for everything right now.
That's funny -- I love JVC's cheaper earbuds due to their nice smooth lows... So I wasn't surprised to hear they had a nice over the ear with the S500. However, I really enjoyed the V-Moda LPs when I had them, so I was looking to build upon that experience. Further, the V-Modas have a 50mm driver -vs- JVC's 40mm. Therefore my exclusion of the s500... But maybe I should take a second look. Right now Fidelio is winning the poll. I need more votes!
Edited by FreshSounds - 1/19/13 at 4:32pm
The M-100 has a "fun" sort of sound and is extremely portable. I'd recommend getting the M-100.
I can't vote as I've no experience with any of the 3 options. I am, however, anxiously awaiting the results of your poll. For Christmas (I know this is Jan already...) I'm giving my kids (17 year old son & 18 y.o. daughter) a set of headphones that 1.) sound great & 2.) they won't be embarrassed to wear. After driving them around central Ohio for the chance to barely "sample" various headphones they both love the look of the V-Moda 100s. No place we went had V-anythings to listen to, but as noted before they love the look as in "all things being equal, those look like they sound the best!"
I've been researching since Thanksgiving though and, with everything I've read in Head-Fi forums & elsewhere, I don't think I can go wrong with the V-Moda 100s.
Edited by BobsYourUncle - 1/20/13 at 7:36pm
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Meet Alpha Prime 14 seconds ago
- › LCD-2 VS Grado RS1 for Rock 41 seconds ago
- › WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads! 56 seconds ago
- › IRiver E100 Reviews Thread (VIDEO LINK ADDED) 1 minute ago
- › Why does no one use Ultraleather? 1 minute ago
- › Need Recommandation: Flux or?~~~~~~~~~~~ 1 minute ago
- › Does plex stream lossless? 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)