I'm looking for something with outstanding sound (primarily) and portability (secondarily). I'm leaning towards M-100 unless someone can eloquently talk me out of it.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 1/17/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productPhilips Fidelio M1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productPhilips Fidelio X1tagged by System, 1/17/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 1/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI-2400 Vs. Audio Technica ATHESW9 Last post on 11/27/12 at 11:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1 Last post on Yesterday at 4:34 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100?
Poll Results: Which is a better choice?
58 Total Votespost #1 of 331/17/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
20% (12)V-MODA M-100
68% (40)Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 331/18/13 at 2:01pmThread Starterpost #3 of 331/18/13 at 8:14pmThread Starterpost #4 of 331/18/13 at 11:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 331/19/13 at 5:55ampost #6 of 331/19/13 at 11:25amThread Starter
With 2 days of research, the ones I've listed are what I came up with as the most readily available best. Haven't heard much about ue6000 or 1r, so hard to determine how they could be better choices than Fidelio M1, ATH-ESW9, or V-MODA M-100. Please remember to vote in the poll.
Edited by FreshSounds - 1/19/13 at 11:27ampost #7 of 331/19/13 at 11:39am
the m1 is low fi, compared to the others. you should also consider dt770 le and cops. i will not use the poll, because i would not choose either of these.and i had them all. guess what? i am using s500s for everything right now.post #8 of 331/19/13 at 4:25pmThread Starter
That's funny -- I love JVC's cheaper earbuds due to their nice smooth lows... So I wasn't surprised to hear they had a nice over the ear with the S500. However, I really enjoyed the V-Moda LPs when I had them, so I was looking to build upon that experience. Further, the V-Modas have a 50mm driver -vs- JVC's 40mm. Therefore my exclusion of the s500... But maybe I should take a second look. Right now Fidelio is winning the poll. I need more votes!
Edited by FreshSounds - 1/19/13 at 4:32pmpost #9 of 331/20/13 at 3:10amThread Starterpost #10 of 331/20/13 at 6:44amQuote:
The M-100 has a "fun" sort of sound and is extremely portable. I'd recommend getting the M-100.post #11 of 331/20/13 at 10:02amThread Starterpost #12 of 331/20/13 at 7:32pm
I can't vote as I've no experience with any of the 3 options. I am, however, anxiously awaiting the results of your poll. For Christmas (I know this is Jan already...) I'm giving my kids (17 year old son & 18 y.o. daughter) a set of headphones that 1.) sound great & 2.) they won't be embarrassed to wear. After driving them around central Ohio for the chance to barely "sample" various headphones they both love the look of the V-Moda 100s. No place we went had V-anythings to listen to, but as noted before they love the look as in "all things being equal, those look like they sound the best!"
I've been researching since Thanksgiving though and, with everything I've read in Head-Fi forums & elsewhere, I don't think I can go wrong with the V-Moda 100s.
Edited by BobsYourUncle - 1/20/13 at 7:36pmpost #13 of 331/21/13 at 11:30amThread Starterpost #14 of 331/21/13 at 11:45amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 46 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I bought Beats Studios hoping to resell them but... 2 minutes ago
- › Wanting to take the Astell & Kern plunge... 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for Office Audio 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob