Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Headphones for a hot day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphones for a hot day

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

So hey guys, it's 44 Centigrade here in Sydney ATM, hot dry wind. Now as much as I love wearing and listening to my HD650...well not today. (So jealous of my friend over in Sweden sleeping on a bed of ice, literally)

Any thoughts? Advice?

 

Feel free to post a) how hot or cold it is over where you are b) how do you guys cope with the withdrawal of not using your gear.

post #2 of 14

44? Schiit that is hot and we had a 44'C day about a week ago.

 

Reported 29 for today but it was still extremely hot this morning, right now it's cooled down a lot.

 

For hot day's if I really wanted to listen to music, I'd don't have to move anywhere as we have a split system air conditioner at home with vents to all rooms and does the job wonderfully, since my main music source is my desktop (which run's hot) I have to restrict myself to only listening to a few not so hot solid state amp's, major no to my tube amp otherwise it will be a furnace in my room.

 

Also I avoid velour padded can's on hot day's so I swap out for pleather pads which I can just wipe down any built-up sweat.

post #3 of 14

23 Celcius right now.. Usually it's more than 30.

 

When it's hot, i always turn the aircon if i want to use fullsize

post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

44? Schiit that is hot and we had a 44'C day about a week ago.

 

Reported 29 for today but it was still extremely hot this morning, right now it's cooled down a lot.

 

For hot day's if I really wanted to listen to music, I'd don't have to move anywhere as we have a split system air conditioner at home with vents to all rooms and does the job wonderfully, since my main music source is my desktop (which run's hot) I have to restrict myself to only listening to a few not so hot solid state amp's, major no to my tube amp otherwise it will be a furnace in my room.

 

Also I avoid velour padded can's on hot day's so I swap out for pleather pads which I can just wipe down any built-up sweat.


Well in the apartment, we don't have any air con installed (logistics and strata problems), I'm using my parents computer since the system has no fans and it's designed to be cool and quiet. The air inside the home is still cooler than outside so all the windows are closed and the curtains closed as well to stop the sunlight (insert overused vampire jokes).

 

As for pleather...it's exactly what you said, there's sweat build up which is also not really my thing, any more suggestions?

post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by punks15 View Post

23 Celcius right now.. Usually it's more than 30.

 

When it's hot, i always turn the aircon if i want to use fullsize


Is it dry or humid 23C? I guess it doesn't really matter since you have air con.

Shouldn't it be much hotter in indo right now?

post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post


Is it dry or humid 23C? I guess it doesn't really matter since you have air con.

Shouldn't it be much hotter in indo right now?

Humid. Yes it should be waaaaaaaaay hotter but it has been raining from midnight. Rainfall levels is very high this month........

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by punks15 View Post

Humid. Yes it should be waaaaaaaaay hotter but it has been raining from midnight. Rainfall levels is very high this month........

how often does it rain during the summer months? My friend is scuba diving a couple of places in indo right now and i would kill to be with her right now

post #8 of 14

I'd take a hot 40'C day over a humid one any day of the week. I absolutely hate humid weather not even moving and your already sticky with sweat build-up.

post #9 of 14

Yeah it was a scorcher today, as for headphones, you need something with velour pads.

 

Something with real leather earpads is okay, but starts to get really uncomfortable once it hits around ~30C indoors.

post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 

I'm just glad the weather has changed and I will get some sleep tonight

post #11 of 14
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

I'm just glad the weather has changed and I will get some sleep tonight

 

Yeah, unlike that other day where it was 33C at midnight. confused_face.gif

post #12 of 14

41 here, I just use IEM's.

post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuggetsPie View Post

41 here, I just use IEM's.

OH! why didn't I think of that

post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

how often does it rain during the summer months? My friend is scuba diving a couple of places in indo right now and i would kill to be with her right now

Rarely.. Perhaps around 2-4 times per month. But this month, it's raining everyday

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Headphones for a hot day