I just can't use headphones that leak too much. Anyone got any other comments on em?
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 1/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Logitech UE 6000 (mini-review) - Pleasantly surprised! Last post on Today at 12:49 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset with mic for music (not gaming) Last post on 7/2/14 at 6:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HELP!! The search for hardshell cases!!! Last post on 6/26/14 at 11:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I have...UE6000 vs D5000 vs DT770/80 vs Sennheiser G4me Zero... Suggestions? Last post on 6/25/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT770 vs DT880 vs M100 vs D600 vs Q40 vs HFI580 vs HE400 vs UE6000 Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:30am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
About to pick up the Logitech UE 6000. How bad is the leakage on it? Are they any other...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can talk only about the Bose and I wouldn't recommend it because it only works with batteries, however the sound is quite agreable and really comfortable.
I heard great things about the NC on Bose. However the sound is questionable.
Thanks. i will keep my eyes on the UE.
Some people are completely against Bose because of their marketing strategy, its a good noise cancelling headphone, the sound is affected by the NC system but is not a bad sound, it is expensive for what it is though.
I believe Bose has the best noise cancellation circuitry on the market. I've tried them numerous times (at the Bose store, in a noisy Best Buy) and they definitely do an excellent job of blocking noise. Having said that, they also hurt my ears; as in the frequency waves generated by the NC circuit seems to give me a headache. I would recommend you to try listening to them without music playing.
I have the UE6000 and can easily say the NC circuitry is nowhere near the Bose. Heck I've owned Monster Beats for a few weeks for fun and those cancel out noise better than the UEs. The UEs just cancels out SOME standing noise and that's about it. They also require quite a bit of power, even with the NC on. For example, I was on a plane and after having my laptop cranked to the max and the NC on (which also turns on the amplifier), I still couldn't quite make out some of the quieter passages of my movie. I had to switch to my Triple-fi's and then had to turn down the volume by a lot. One benefit to the UE6000 is that it works without the NC/amp circuit turned on. Downside is that you lose some bass and mid range impact (see next paragraph).
And re. that bump in impact, it's actually a little much for my tastes. And although it sounds perfectly good without it (i.e. NC/amp turned off), I find it's not as satisfying. Would've been absolutely perfect if they just dialed it down a little but for $199, I feel no other closed can can touch the UE6000s in that price range.
- About to pick up the Logitech UE 6000. How bad is the leakage on it? Are they any other problems I should be aware of?
- › Need review for Audio Technica ATH-900XLTD 28 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 51 seconds ago
- › Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions &... 52 seconds ago
- › The Antelope Zodiac / Zodiac + / Zodiac Gold DAC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › How do I know if my E18 is working with my phone 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)