Hi, I have a budget of $500, that can go up to $750 if necessary. I want a really good amp/dac combo for my HD 600s, seperate units or a single combined unit works. I am running off a windows desktop that has optical, headphone, and usb. Any reccomendations?
- productAsus Xonar D1 Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 1/21/13
- productASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Cardtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/21/13
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productLittle Dot MK IIItagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Newby Here ( Question about Dt 990 600OHM ) Last post on 1/31/13 at 4:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Essence One or O2/ODAC Combo for HD650 Last post on 4/9/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC recommandation for my AKG 701 ? Last post on 8/28/12 at 10:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice on which AKG combo? Last post on 3/29/13 at 8:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 9
1/18/13 at 3:06am
post #3 of 9
1/18/13 at 12:35pm
post #4 of 9
1/18/13 at 7:59pm
post #5 of 9
1/18/13 at 9:32pm
Low cost idea.
Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, $70
Schiit Magni head amp, $99
Is this setup just for music? movies? gaming?
post #6 of 9
1/20/13 at 11:26am
post #7 of 9
1/20/13 at 3:59pm
The Xonar/Magni is still a good combo, for the price.
Or maybe you want to a tube amp. like the Little Dot MKIII ($250)?
post #8 of 9
1/20/13 at 4:42pm
- Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2778 Active Users (491 Members and 2287 Guests)
- › Shanling M3 8 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 9 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 13 seconds ago
- › Is it better to upgrade directly to the STAX SR-009 or get the... 1 minute ago
- › Android-fi! 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › cable upgrade for ath-m50x headphones 3 minutes ago
- › <150€ Headphones - AKG k550 or not to be? :O 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3