Hi, I have a budget of $500, that can go up to $750 if necessary. I want a really good amp/dac combo for my HD 600s, seperate units or a single combined unit works. I am running off a windows desktop that has optical, headphone, and usb. Any reccomendations?
- productAsus Xonar D1 Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 1/21/13
- productASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Cardtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/21/13
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productLittle Dot MK IIItagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Newby Here ( Question about Dt 990 600OHM ) Last post on 1/31/13 at 4:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Essence One or O2/ODAC Combo for HD650 Last post on 4/9/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC recommandation for my AKG 701 ? Last post on 8/28/12 at 10:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice on which AKG combo? Last post on 3/29/13 at 8:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 9
1/18/13 at 3:06am
post #3 of 9
1/18/13 at 12:35pm
post #4 of 9
1/18/13 at 7:59pm
post #5 of 9
1/18/13 at 9:32pm
Low cost idea.
Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, $70
Schiit Magni head amp, $99
Is this setup just for music? movies? gaming?
post #6 of 9
1/20/13 at 11:26am
post #7 of 9
1/20/13 at 3:59pm
The Xonar/Magni is still a good combo, for the price.
Or maybe you want to a tube amp. like the Little Dot MKIII ($250)?
post #8 of 9
1/20/13 at 4:42pm
- Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3110 Active Users (457 Members and 2653 Guests)
- › Shure SRH 1540 or rather Focal Spirit Classic 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendation on Headphones for watching movies 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AK240 and AKS02 Docking Station 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 9 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 9 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3