Hi, I have a budget of $500, that can go up to $750 if necessary. I want a really good amp/dac combo for my HD 600s, seperate units or a single combined unit works. I am running off a windows desktop that has optical, headphone, and usb. Any reccomendations?
- productAsus Xonar D1 Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 1/21/13
- productASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Cardtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/21/13
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productLittle Dot MK IIItagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Newby Here ( Question about Dt 990 600OHM ) Last post on 1/31/13 at 4:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Essence One or O2/ODAC Combo for HD650 Last post on 4/9/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC recommandation for my AKG 701 ? Last post on 8/28/12 at 10:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice on which AKG combo? Last post on 3/29/13 at 8:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 9
1/18/13 at 3:06am
post #3 of 9
1/18/13 at 12:35pm
post #4 of 9
1/18/13 at 7:59pm
post #5 of 9
1/18/13 at 9:32pm
Low cost idea.
Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, $70
Schiit Magni head amp, $99
Is this setup just for music? movies? gaming?
post #6 of 9
1/20/13 at 11:26am
post #7 of 9
1/20/13 at 3:59pm
The Xonar/Magni is still a good combo, for the price.
Or maybe you want to a tube amp. like the Little Dot MKIII ($250)?
post #8 of 9
1/20/13 at 4:42pm
- Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2536 Active Users (508 Members and 2028 Guests)
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 25 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 29 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 1 minute ago
- › Angie - JH Audio Sirens Series - a review about the music, not the... 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 6 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -dB (AUSTRALIA) 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 11 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 11 minutes ago
- › Trickle Chargers 13 minutes ago
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2