Hi, I have a budget of $500, that can go up to $750 if necessary. I want a really good amp/dac combo for my HD 600s, seperate units or a single combined unit works. I am running off a windows desktop that has optical, headphone, and usb. Any reccomendations?
- productAsus Xonar D1 Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 1/21/13
- productASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Cardtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/21/13
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productLittle Dot MK IIItagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Newby Here ( Question about Dt 990 600OHM ) Last post on 1/31/13 at 4:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Essence One or O2/ODAC Combo for HD650 Last post on 4/9/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC recommandation for my AKG 701 ? Last post on 8/28/12 at 10:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice on which AKG combo? Last post on 3/29/13 at 8:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 9
1/18/13 at 3:06am
post #3 of 9
1/18/13 at 12:35pm
post #4 of 9
1/18/13 at 7:59pm
post #5 of 9
1/18/13 at 9:32pm
Low cost idea.
Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, $70
Schiit Magni head amp, $99
Is this setup just for music? movies? gaming?
post #6 of 9
1/20/13 at 11:26am
post #7 of 9
1/20/13 at 3:59pm
The Xonar/Magni is still a good combo, for the price.
Or maybe you want to a tube amp. like the Little Dot MKIII ($250)?
post #8 of 9
1/20/13 at 4:42pm
- Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3904 Active Users (791 Members and 3113 Guests)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 1 second ago
- › Do I need an amp and DAC? 10 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 22 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Return Policy 2 minutes ago
- › Best amp to use with PS4 with Sennheiser G4me One? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2