Just a silly question I was wondering if IEM are any better than open air headphones. What do you think?
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
- productPhiaton PS 500 Premium Headphones With Studio Grade 40mm Titanium Drivers and Closed-Ear Type Rear Enclosure For Concert Hall Quality Soundtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- *****Review***** Grado PS500 Last post on 12/4/14 at 7:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Test: Sony MDR-F1 vs. Sony PFR-V1 vs. Grado PS500 Last post on 9/18/13 at 1:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First post- JDS Objective 2 + Grado PS500 for Country Rock and Classical with some pop thrown in? Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500 are better than the Beyer T1's Last post on 4/14/13 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
I am penning down my opinion about the QLS QA360 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts...
Would it be unsmart to sell my Grado PS-500 for IEM Westone 4r?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What music do you listen to?
Do you find that the Grado headphones you have are a tad bright ( too much treble )? Do you find them uncomfortable?
Are you looking for something with better soundstaging or just an overall sonic improvement? More neutral? More bass?
I listen to pop, soft rock, electronic, dubstep. Allot of mainstrain music, but i really like Skrillex. The PS-500 is not uncomfortable as I do have the G-cush. What i'm looking for better soundstaging, yes some sonic imporements. I don't really think more bass means better, ps 500 has alot of bass. What do you see NA blur, would iem be better?
I do not have experience with the Westone IEM line. I do use a pair of JH Audio 10 x3 Pro IEMs and to me I like how quick they are and when properly driven the bass in extremely tight and airy.
There are a couple issues I have with custom IEMs:
1.) The fit may be loose making the seal a little tricky to acquire. I have to rotate and press my right earpiece in a little more than the left.
2.) They seal so well that they are not that practical at work or school because you have to take them in and out every so often.
3.) They are expensive so extra care must be taken not to snag them on something or leave them lying around.
Other than those issues I highly recommend custom IEMs. I like mine for plane rides and home listening where the extra isolation is a must. I went from an LCD-2 Rev 1 to the JH IEM and have not had one regret. The IEM is so light and comfortable as well as great sounding.
For me it was more about portability and ease of use versus a clunky and heavy headphone.
- Would it be unsmart to sell my Grado PS-500 for IEM Westone 4r?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 26 seconds ago
- › ie80 female connector 28 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Portable headphones or IEM for girlfriend 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones, Black by Nocturnal310
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)