Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? - Page 46

post #676 of 2057
Why would the 7520 be illegal in Europe?
post #677 of 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

Why would the 7520 be illegal in Europe?

A problem with absence of volume limiting, apparently.

post #678 of 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by geagle View Post
 

A problem with absence of volume limiting, apparently.

interesting, yes, indeed.

 

would't it be cool to walk around with illegal headphones? lol

post #679 of 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaTou069 View Post
 

interesting, yes, indeed.

 

would't it be cool to walk around with illegal headphones? lol

 

You rebel you!

 

And yes, they've been made illegal in Europe due to their too high efficiency.

post #680 of 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

You rebel you!

And yes, they've been made illegal in Europe due to their too high efficiency.

Nice... has anybody compared them with the HP50? I was considering them because the NAD are kind of uncomfortable.
post #681 of 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post

Nice... has anybody compared them with the HP50? I was considering them because the NAD are kind of uncomfortable.

 

I think I read a comparison somewhere, in favor of the 7520, but this memory is so vague that I wouldn't put much trust in it myself. If I did read a comparison, it's either here (probably in the dedicated 7520 thread) or on Gearslutz.

 

The NAD HP50 and the Focal Spirit Pro are two cans I'm interested in that I wouldn't buy without trying due to all the reports of them not being very comfortable.


Edited by Sinocelt - 2/8/14 at 4:47am
post #682 of 2057

Are these good for Electronic as well as other genres?

post #683 of 2057
Oh yes, they play all genres really well, I'm very impressed with these headphones smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Are these good for Electronic as well as other genres?
post #684 of 2057

I agree, I think the the HP50s would definitely be considered a fantastic all-around headphone, but if anything they shine in electronic.

post #685 of 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

I think I read a comparison somewhere, in favor of the 7520, but this memory is so vague that I wouldn't put much trust in it myself. If I did read a comparison, it's either here (probably in the dedicated 7520 thread) or on Gearslutz.

The NAD HP50 and the Focal Spirit Pro are two cans I'm interested with that I wouldn't buy without trying due to all the reports of them not being very comfortable.

Thank you man. Appreciated!
post #686 of 2057

If anyone is looking to replace the cheesy cable that came with the NAD VISO. I bought these on E Bay and they work great.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271103101785?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

post #687 of 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by torcik View Post
 

If anyone is looking to replace the cheesy cable that came with the NAD VISO. I bought these on E Bay and they work great.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271103101785?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

thanks. Might have to do that. Though I recall seeing something in the NAD HP50 manual about avoiding some different kinds of cables or some such...I'm just too lazy to go dig out the manual.

post #688 of 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropeadope View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by torcik View Post

thanks. Might have to do that. Though I recall seeing something in the NAD HP50 manual about avoiding some different kinds of cables or some such...I'm just too lazy to go dig out the manual.
That'll be just to advocate loyalty to the brand.
post #689 of 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigomatt View Post


That'll be just to advocate loyalty to the brand.

 

Yeah but does NAD electronics even sell cables? I don't see how they benefit from telling you not to use cables from other brands...but I just looked in my Viso HP50 package/box and couldn't find anything about that. Maybe I just made it up :P

 

Anyways, these look really short, which is my big gripe with the original HP50 cable: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337413452&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F271103101785%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1439.l2649

 

What I'd like is a nice 6ft cable with a little headphone jack (3.5mm i think) to big headphone jack (a 1/4 jack?). That way I could just plug it right into my amp and skip the headphone adapter.


Edited by ropeadope - 2/9/14 at 8:57am
post #690 of 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropeadope View Post
 

 

Yeah but does NAD electronics even sell cables? I don't see how they benefit from telling you not to use cables from other brands...but I just looked in my Viso HP50 package/box and couldn't find anything about that. Maybe I just made it up :P

 

Anyways, these look really short, which is my big gripe with the original HP50 cable: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337413452&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F271103101785%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1439.l2649

 

What I'd like is a nice 6ft cable with a little headphone jack (3.5mm i think) to big headphone jack (a 1/4 jack?). That way I could just plug it right into my amp and skip the headphone adapter.

 

This one is quite good, but does require an adapter for 1/4" use.

 

http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?