Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? - Page 39

post #571 of 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigomatt View Post

I'm going to audition a pair on Sunday. I'm rather excited. I reckon they'll beat my KRK KNS8400s as closed back monitoring/tracking/music production cans..

 

Looking forward to this exact comparison.

post #572 of 2178
Okay, I don't know what's going on. I started out with the Senn Momentum (over ear) around Christmas time for a light, portable, slightly warmish set of cans. Sounded good demoing and got it home, enjoyed it but quickly lost its charm. Then, I finally got a chance to demo the HP50s and really loved the sound signature. Out go the Mos and in come the HP50s.

Took a while for the HP50s to arrive and have been spending that time listening to a lot of open cans (T90, X1). HP50s finally arrive and they sound so veiled, compressed. So, I burn them in for a few days and they do open up a bit...

But not enough. Now, I might have spoiled myself with all those open cans, but even my M100s sound more airy and open. I'd hate to chalk it up to a bad pair and wait for another pair.

Meanwhile, I'm really just looking for a pair to travel with and am really contemplating just exchanging these for a pair of P5s. Is that blasphemy? The clamping force on these aren't the best either, not to mention the look. I also thought about the Mad Dogs, but it seems I'd be spending quite a bit more and it'd also be a blind buy (deaf buy?).

Anybody prefer the P5s over the HP50s? Any others I should consider?
post #573 of 2178
Why not get the P7?
post #574 of 2178

OK, First Off....

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/i-love-these-headphonesthe-nad-viso-hp50

 

You're listening to a VERY 'British' sounding headphone.

Compared to my Grado SR60's and my Shure SE535's there is absolutely ZERO similarity.

These are extremely nice and polite, not in your face with an aggressive attack like most American made headphones have.

Also I think you're getting used to the 'Roomfeel' technology.

Also I'm listening to them through and extraordinary source... and Astell&Kern AK120 with ALL FLAC FILES.

If you're in any way listening to MP3's on an iPhone.... that will about cover it. :"(

 

Mine have been used for two months and they're smoother than ever.

 

You MAY want to exchange them fro another pair...they're very very new, two months ago they were almost impossible to find.

I've also read ONE review, where the brother, hated them, and exchanged them for another pair of the same.

According to him the difference was amazing.

 

Just my 2 cents worth.

John Sharpe/Sharpeshots.com

post #575 of 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkManiac View Post

Why not get the P7?

Comfort issues with the pads, which is similar to the HP50s too.
post #576 of 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post

Okay, I don't know what's going on. I started out with the Senn Momentum (over ear) around Christmas time for a light, portable, slightly warmish set of cans. Sounded good demoing and got it home, enjoyed it but quickly lost its charm. Then, I finally got a chance to demo the HP50s and really loved the sound signature. Out go the Mos and in come the HP50s.

Took a while for the HP50s to arrive and have been spending that time listening to a lot of open cans (T90, X1). HP50s finally arrive and they sound so veiled, compressed. So, I burn them in for a few days and they do open up a bit...

But not enough. Now, I might have spoiled myself with all those open cans, but even my M100s sound more airy and open. I'd hate to chalk it up to a bad pair and wait for another pair.

Meanwhile, I'm really just looking for a pair to travel with and am really contemplating just exchanging these for a pair of P5s. Is that blasphemy? The clamping force on these aren't the best either, not to mention the look. I also thought about the Mad Dogs, but it seems I'd be spending quite a bit more and it'd also be a blind buy (deaf buy?).

Anybody prefer the P5s over the HP50s? Any others I should consider?


why not just use the m100s for portable?

post #577 of 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post


why not just use the m100s for portable?

I want something more neutral. I find the M100s also to leak quite a bit.
post #578 of 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post


I want something more neutral. I find the M100s also to leak quite a bit.


not sure if you care about looks, but the psb m4u?

post #579 of 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post


not sure if you care about looks, but the psb m4u?

I did consider that, but they're so huge for traveling. lol
post #580 of 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post


I did consider that, but they're so huge for traveling. lol


B&O H6 look nice too! try them out first?

post #581 of 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post


B&O H6 look nice too! try them out first?

Thanks, never tried them...will have to find a place to audition.
post #582 of 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post


Thanks, never tried them...will have to find a place to audition.


no prob :)

post #583 of 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post


Thanks, never tried them...will have to find a place to audition.


you can also check the sony MDR's 1rs and 10

the skullcandy aviators.

beats version 2 eminem version (still not the best for the money but actually sound ok)

yamaha pro 500

onkyo

AT ath es700

kef m500

 

sorry for the double post. but i wanted to give you some more options and make this harder for you :o2smile:

post #584 of 2178
Whoa, now you're going overboard. biggrin.gif

The KEF M500 was another I considered, but have disliked/eliminated them the more I've read about them.
post #585 of 2178
+1 for Sony MDR-1 for neutral and comfortable set of headphones.

The ATH-ES700 is pretty good too, lightweight with good soundstage and SQ for its price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?