Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? - Page 14

post #196 of 1465
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Which is the overall better set of cans? Maybe it's time for a comparison biggrin.gif


There isn't a better or worse here, just preferences. HP50 is $100 less.  P7 has superior build quality, but is also heavier and not quite as comfortable.  Bass and mids are comparable.  HP50 is warmer and more natural to my ears; P7 is brighter and may provide real or perceived enhanced detail in the higher frequencies.

post #197 of 1465
Hmm judging by those comparisons the hp50 seems to fit my preferences more but will still need to audition both to decide.
post #198 of 1465

The P7 looks absolutely gorgeous if i could have a few other "top tier" closed cans like my M-100 it'd be the P7 and the HP 50.

post #199 of 1465

I prefer the HP50 to the Momentums.  I think the presentation on the Momentums is a tad forward.  Plus the earpads on the HP50 have much more room for my ears.

 

Only downside is the length of the HP50 cable is only 47"...at my office space I run them off of a Nuforce iDo that sits behind my monitor.  I found the length to be a little lacking at times when I wanted to lean back a little.  I ended up swapping the cable out for a V-Moda cable now it's great.  Plus I can swap out M-100 when I want some quality face slam bass jam time.

post #200 of 1465
Quite tempted to sell my HD25s and buy these and the M100s
post #201 of 1465
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Quite tempted to sell my HD25s and buy these and the M100s


devil on your shoulder says: do it >:)

post #202 of 1465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post
 


devil on your shoulder says: do it >:)

It's not the devil on his shoulder. Its the painful skull clamp inflicted by the HD25. 

post #203 of 1465
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Painful skull clamp inflicted by the HD25. 
Yup, velour pads haven't changed much, still hurts after using them for a hour or two. Finally a bit tired of them.
post #204 of 1465

Not that I need any more headphones... still an in-depth comparison of the M-100 or the DT1350 as a reference point, the HP50 and the P7 would be nice.

 

@Craigster: Interesting that you consider the P7 brighter than the HP50... what I read about them in the P7 thread sounds to me like a not very bright can. On the other hand I've heard neither the HP50 nor the P7 so far... but that would make the HP50 unlikely to match my taste I guess.

post #205 of 1465
Quote:
Originally Posted by abchead View Post
 

More review please!

 

And for those who have it. Doesn't it look kind of funny on the head, with its squarish kind of headband?

 

I am perplexed by their headband design - considering they apparently spent many many hours in the laboratory coming up with the Room Feel tuning, you would think they could at least have put in a little effort into maximizing comfort.   I mean if it is meant to emulate the experience of listening to music on speakers, then having an uncomfortable design takes away from that experience - unless you are in the habit of wearing uncomfortable hats, fashion accessories, or other headgear while listening to your stereo...

 

1. The headband seems designed to guarantee an uncomfortable pressure spot on the top of your head.

2. More than one owner has reported that the ear pads aren't deep enough and so the grill is uncomfortable on their ears.

 

Any new owners also experienced the above?

post #206 of 1465
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithaliens View Post
 

 

I am perplexed by their headband design - considering they apparently spent many many hours in the laboratory coming up with the Room Feel tuning, you would think they could at least have put in a little effort into maximizing comfort.   I mean if it is meant to emulate the experience of listening to music on speakers, then having an uncomfortable design takes away from that experience - unless you are in the habit of wearing uncomfortable hats, fashion accessories, or other headgear while listening to your stereo...

 

1. The headband seems designed to guarantee an uncomfortable pressure spot on the top of your head.

2. More than one owner has reported that the ear pads aren't deep enough and so the grill is uncomfortable on their ears.

 

Any new owners also experienced the above?


It sounds like you have more of an issue with aesthetics.  The HP50 is one of the most comfortable headphones I have worn.

post #207 of 1465
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Quite tempted to sell my HD25s and buy these and the M100s

The angel and devil on your shoulder see no problem to this. 

post #208 of 1465
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

Not that I need any more headphones... still an in-depth comparison of the M-100 or the DT1350 as a reference point, the HP50 and the P7 would be nice.

 

@Craigster: Interesting that you consider the P7 brighter than the HP50... what I read about them in the P7 thread sounds to me like a not very bright can. On the other hand I've heard neither the HP50 nor the P7 so far... but that would make the HP50 unlikely to match my taste I guess.

I have the V-moda M-100 and I heard the DT 1350 so if you would like i could PM you my opinion of them.

post #209 of 1465
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

Not that I need any more headphones... still an in-depth comparison of the M-100 or the DT1350 as a reference point, the HP50 and the P7 would be nice.

 

@Craigster: Interesting that you consider the P7 brighter than the HP50... what I read about them in the P7 thread sounds to me like a not very bright can. On the other hand I've heard neither the HP50 nor the P7 so far... but that would make the HP50 unlikely to match my taste I guess.

The P7 is bright; the HP50 is, IMO, right on the money across the board.

post #210 of 1465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 


It sounds like you have more of an issue with aesthetics.  The HP50 is one of the most comfortable headphones I have worn.

 

 

You don't have to look too far back in this thread to see that rpaul has reported both of the issues I mentioned.  There is a similar review up on Amazon.  So, despite the fact that you personally find them comfortable, doesn't make any discussion about said issues any less valid.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpaul View Post

...

 

But big comfort issue - the earpads are too shallow so my ears are pressed against the drivers and the headband hurts the top of my head.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?