Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? - Page 112

post #1666 of 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamirci View Post

Though I love my hp50, its NOT very light IMO. Yamaha hph200 is really like a feather comparing to hp50 smily_headphones1.gif
I think that's nitpicking...this is one very light HP for a TOTL sound quality. Versus other HPs, this is the best. Versus speakers, speakers' advantage is only soundstaging. But even then, this NAD HP comes closer to that soeaker soundstaging. That RoomFeel stuff is incredible.

This is now my no. 1 preference HP.
post #1667 of 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondears View Post


I think that's nitpicking...this is one very light HP for a TOTL sound quality. Versus other HPs, this is the best. Versus speakers, speakers' advantage is only soundstaging. But even then, this NAD HP comes closer to that soeaker soundstaging. That RoomFeel stuff is incredible.

This is now my no. 1 preference HP.


As far as sound quality only, you prefer the HP50 to your LCD-2?

post #1668 of 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddleyWalker View Post


As far as sound quality only, you prefer the HP50 to your LCD-2?
I'm afraid so, yes. Still on honeymoon though. Let's see.

I think the comments of Tyll at innerfidelity.com when he reviewed the LCD Fazors and compared it to the NAD are spot on. Midrange is better in terms of being more realistic, and the soundstage is better. I thought bass would be better with my LCD-2.2, but I find them really equal, with the NAD better slightly at this aspect if both are heard using the iPhone 6. What I appreciate about my LCD-2 is that it's bass is not only sufficient in amount, but also very articulate. This NAD is like that too, to my surprise. I couldn't believe it. Should have bought this way before. Could have saved me a lot.

Treble, NAD is better, more realistic also, but the NAD isn't sibilant nor peaky at any frequency. No details are lost, it's all there.

If there's one word to describe this NAD HP, it's "realistic", very realistic. Paul Barton said his aim is to copy or get as close as possible to sound of speakers. I think that's a very good description. Only the soundstaging is different compared to speakers. But it's eerily very close, closer than any HP I've heard.

Got this because I need a closed back HP, not really looking for the best SQ. Never expected it to be as good as any open HP I've heard. Extremely recommended.
post #1669 of 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondears View Post


I think that's nitpicking...this is one very light HP for a TOTL sound quality. Versus other HPs, this is the best. Versus speakers, speakers' advantage is only soundstaging. But even then, this NAD HP comes closer to that soeaker soundstaging. That RoomFeel stuff is incredible.

This is now my no. 1 preference HP.

Nad viso hp is im opinion a good headphone, but my akg k612 pro is better sounding in every aspect.

post #1670 of 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by shineonyou View Post

Nad viso hp is im opinion a good headphone, but my akg k612 pro is better sounding in every aspect.
I disagree very much. Could be your music though. First off, your AKG is open backed, so comparison isn't really apples for apples.

NAD's sub-bass to bass quantity and quality is better iMHO. That's bass articulation--you can tell and hear the difference between bass notes as well as differing amounts or loudness of the bass. Try it on EDM or music with really low deep organ or artificial sub bass instrumentation, maybe you'll be able to tell the difference.

Mids and treble are soooo natural, realistic. Very very close to the music coming out of speakers. It's neither bright nor lacking, but never sibilant, and there's no lost details.

And that RoomFeel technology of Paul Barton is really something. I think Paul has succeeded in transferring decades of his knowledge and technology from speaker designing and manufacturing to headphones. Read somewhere this is a game-changer HP. I think it is too.

If your budget allows it, I think it's worth a second try.
post #1671 of 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondears View Post


I disagree very much. Could be your music though. First off, your AKG is open backed, so comparison isn't really apples for apples.

NAD's sub-bass to bass quantity and quality is better iMHO. That's bass articulation--you can tell and hear the difference between bass notes as well as differing amounts or loudness of the bass. Try it on EDM or music with really low deep organ or artificial sub bass instrumentation, maybe you'll be able to tell the difference.

Mids and treble are soooo natural, realistic. Very very close to the music coming out of speakers. It's neither bright nor lacking, but never sibilant, and there's no lost details.

And that RoomFeel technology of Paul Barton is really something. I think Paul has succeeded in transferring decades of his knowledge and technology from speaker designing and manufacturing to headphones. Read somewhere this is a game-changer HP. I think it is too.

If your budget allows it, I think it's worth a second try.

I really do LOVE my NADs and I am with you on many things you have stated here. One thing about room feel is though, with low-tier set-ups/ DAPs (for example iBasso DX50), I felt that the room feel made this weird effect that I noticed easily with my familiar recordings. It wasn't really weird or changed the sound itself or anything but the sound staging was so that it went sideways deeper than front and back. It was like having a sphere on each side of my ears as the sound stage rather than all around like the HD800 or a T90. It doesn't disturb music itself especially with recordings I am not 100% familiar with but with ones that I am, I noticed the rather odd sound staging. However, with the AK240, it was all completely gone! The sound staging with the 240 is SUPERB. 360 degrees all around the so dang organic and neutral sounding. The sound staging was deep all sides too. I'm considering getting the 240 (maybe the SS) or the Lotoo Paw Gold after I'm done selling my home system. Cheers!

post #1672 of 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Y View Post

I really do LOVE my NADs and I am with you on many things you have stated here. One thing about room feel is though, with low-tier set-ups/ DAPs (for example iBasso DX50), I felt that the room feel made this weird effect that I noticed easily with my familiar recordings. It wasn't really weird or changed the sound itself or anything but the sound staging was so that it went sideways deeper than front and back. It was like having a sphere on each side of my ears as the sound stage rather than all around like the HD800 or a T90. It doesn't disturb music itself especially with recordings I am not 100% familiar with but with ones that I am, I noticed the rather odd sound staging. However, with the AK240, it was all completely gone! The sound staging with the 240 is SUPERB. 360 degrees all around the so dang organic and neutral sounding. The sound staging was deep all sides too. I'm considering getting the 240 (maybe the SS) or the Lotoo Paw Gold after I'm done selling my home system. Cheers!
Hmmm...didn't notice that on my iPhone 6. What I noticed is that the music became substantially less "inside the head". Yeah, maybe more out of the head but sideways is another description. Will checkout your observations, you may be right.

That A&K 240 is an awesome kit in terms of SQ...and price! For that price they should have put a phone in it...biggrin.gif
Edited by diamondears - Today at 3:40 am
post #1673 of 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondears View Post


Hmmm...didn't notice that on my iPhone 6. What I noticed is that the music became substantially less "inside the head". Yeah, maybe more out of the head but sideways is a reverse description. Will checkout your observations, you may be right.

That A&K 240 is an awesome kit in terms of SQ...and price! For that price they should have put a phone in it...biggrin.gif

YMMV I guess. It's not that easy to notice, especially with low-res files. Putting a phone in the 240 would make the distortion go up due to additional parts related to getting 4G or something. I do think it should be able to shave or have a laser beam or something though :p

post #1674 of 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Y View Post

I really do LOVE my NADs and I am with you on many things you have stated here. One thing about room feel is though, with low-tier set-ups/ DAPs (for example iBasso DX50), I felt that the room feel made this weird effect that I noticed easily with my familiar recordings. It wasn't really weird or changed the sound itself or anything but the sound staging was so that it went sideways deeper than front and back. It was like having a sphere on each side of my ears as the sound stage rather than all around like the HD800 or a T90. It doesn't disturb music itself especially with recordings I am not 100% familiar with but with ones that I am, I noticed the rather odd sound staging. However, with the AK240, it was all completely gone! The sound staging with the 240 is SUPERB. 360 degrees all around the so dang organic and neutral sounding. The sound staging was deep all sides too. I'm considering getting the 240 (maybe the SS) or the Lotoo Paw Gold after I'm done selling my home system. Cheers!
[/quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondears View Post

I disagree very much. Could be your music though. First off, your AKG is open backed, so comparison isn't really apples for apples.

NAD's sub-bass to bass quantity and quality is better iMHO. That's bass articulation--you can tell and hear the difference between bass notes as well as differing amounts or loudness of the bass. Try it on EDM or music with really low deep organ or artificial sub bass instrumentation, maybe you'll be able to tell the difference.

Mids and treble are soooo natural, realistic. Very very close to the music coming out of speakers. It's neither bright nor lacking, but never sibilant, and there's no lost details.

And that RoomFeel technology of Paul Barton is really something. I think Paul has succeeded in transferring decades of his knowledge and technology from speaker designing and manufacturing to headphones. Read somewhere this is a game-changer HP. I think it is too.

If your budget allows it, I think it's worth a second try.
honestly I got them away, because you can't position them on your head, they are not round. Second I think the bass is stronger on NAD, but not so precise as on Akg. But I talk about amplified headphones only. Using just a phone the NAD is the winner. USING THE AMP AKG IS THE WINNER. You are right open headphones are not comparable to a closed ones. Opens are always winners in this prise range.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?