or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? - Page 11

post #151 of 2432
I just ordered a set in white...I can't wait to try them out! I'll post in here when get them!
post #152 of 2432

where did you order them?

post #153 of 2432
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

where did you order them?

I ordered them at my local Home Theatre/Home Audio store (Choice AVU). It will take a little while to get here but that just means I can research and buy a portable headphone amp in the meantime biggrin.gif
post #154 of 2432

Pretty good sound quality, solid build quality. It has a decently "big" sound, I guess that's what RoomFeel is supposed to be.

 

Not much bass extension, maybe iPad is not powerful enough source by itself.

 

But big comfort issue - the earpads are too shallow so my ears are pressed against the drivers and the headband hurts the top of my head.

post #155 of 2432

HP50 or P7?  Am looking for another set of closed cans to complement my M-100's.  Am also considering the Fostex TH600.  Am driving them with V-Moda VERZA and playing back ALAC JPOP music on a iPod Nano (6th gen) for now.  Am also considering an AK100 MK2 or a iPod Classic in the future (had an iPod Touch but it disappeared).

 

This head-fi thing is really bad.  I keep spending money that I don't have.  :atsmile: 

post #156 of 2432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy Ears View Post
 

HP50 or P7?  Am looking for another set of closed cans to complement my M-100's.  Am also considering the Fostex TH600.  Am driving them with V-Moda VERZA and playing back ALAC JPOP music on a iPod Nano (6th gen) for now.  Am also considering an AK100 MK2 or a iPod Classic in the future (had an iPod Touch but it disappeared).

 

This head-fi thing is really bad.  I keep spending money that I don't have.  :atsmile: 


You may also want to check out the Alpha Dog.  Not basshead, but spectacular.  Resolution is light years ahead of the HP50 and probably the P7.

post #157 of 2432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

You may also want to check out the Alpha Dog.  Not basshead, but spectacular.  Resolution is light years ahead of the HP50 and probably the P7.

 

Are the AD your favorite closed-back headphones?

 

[Edit:] Forget it, you've already answered there:cool:


Edited by Sinocelt - 10/31/13 at 9:45am
post #158 of 2432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 

 

Are the AD your favorite closed-back headphones?

 

[Edit:] Forget it, you've already answered there:cool:


I would rate the NAD HP50 close to the top in its price range, especially as a multi-genre headphone.

post #159 of 2432

Good thing the Alpha Dogs are out of stock and need a 6 week lead time.  :tongue_smile: 

 

I'd be really scared if they were available right away.  

 

That being said I almost pulled the trigger on a set of red HP50's on amazon.

post #160 of 2432
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post
 

Tyll seems to like these by the way. Can't wait to read the review while waiting for them to be available locally where I live.

 

No, he doesn't: he loves them. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/i-love-these-headphonesthe-nad-viso-hp50

post #161 of 2432

I have a bunch of comments already :D

post #162 of 2432

Thanks for the InnerFidelity link! These are getting way too little attention IMO compared to the momentum M500 and P7, hopefully more people will check out them and like them. :D

post #163 of 2432
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomNumber View Post
 

Thanks for the InnerFidelity link! These are getting way too little attention IMO compared to the momentum M500 and P7, hopefully more people will check out them and like them. :D

Yep...now I want them for comparisons to the other portable headphones I've done over the past few months. Geez...thanks Tyll, just when I thought I was done. :confused:

post #164 of 2432
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Yep...now I want them for comparisons to the other portable headphones I've done over the past few months. Geez...thanks Tyll, just when I thought I was done. :confused:

 

Geez... thank MacHero, just when I thought I was going to get a reprieve from you and your comparison torture thread lol! 

post #165 of 2432
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Geez... thank MacHero, just when I thought I was going to get a reprieve from you and your comparison torture thread lol! 

You know, you don't have to read it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?