Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? - Page 9

post #121 of 1405

Nice impressions.  Don't have my M-100 to compare right now.  The bass on these doesn't seem as big, or have as large of a mid-bass focus, as the M-100, that's from memory though.  These are definitely one of the more natural headphones I've put on my head.  Comfort is top notch for sure, I really love how soft the headband feels :p 

 

Anyways, pictures are always fun.  These headphones are fingerprint magnets, otherwise, the design is really simple and intriguing.  I like the design a lot.

 

 

 

 

post #122 of 1405

nice short review craig.

 

only thing i dont like about the design is that the headband makes your head a squard   [] :D


Edited by Aerathion - 9/24/13 at 1:01pm
post #123 of 1405

Thanks for the impressions, Craigster75. While I'm admittedly not too up on the PSB MU line, would you say the HP50 has more bass than the MU1? And when you write that the HP50 "can also kick out serious mid bass when called for in the track," does that mean -- despite less total bass presence than the M-100 -- that it still has some nice impact (with kick drums and the like)? Also, did you get any sense of the HP50's isolation capabilities when you demoed it?


Edited by epithetless - 9/24/13 at 1:23pm
post #124 of 1405

I wouldn't rate isolation the highest with the HP50.  That's me though. 

post #125 of 1405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post
 

nice short review craig.

 

only thing i dont like about the design is that the headband makes your head a squard   [] :D

I did notice the "squaring" of the band, but I really like their looks- modern, yet classy- a huge improvement over the design of the PSBs.

post #126 of 1405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
 

Thanks for the impressions, Craigster75. While I'm admittedly not too up on the PSB MU line, would you say the HP50 has more bass than the MU1? And when you write that the HP50 "can also kick out serious mid bass when called for in the track," does that mean -- despite less total bass presence than the M-100 -- that it still has some nice impact (with kick drums and the like)? Also, did you get any sense of the HP50's isolation capabilities when you demoed it?

Yes, more bass than the M4U1.  I would classify the low end emphasis and impact as somewhere between the M-100 and Momentum.  Regarding isolation, I was inside a high-end home theater store with several demos going and heard very little while listening.  The sound was as good as I expected.  The unexpected surprise was the comfort.

post #127 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

Yes, more bass than the M4U1.  I would classify the low end emphasis and impact as somewhere between the M-100 and Momentum.  Regarding isolation, I was inside a high-end home theater store with several demos going and heard very little while listening.  The sound was as good as I expected.  The unexpected surprise was the comfort.

 

Nice. Thanks again for the info. Looks like the NAD HP50 might be making its way onto my Christmas list this year...

post #128 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

Yes, more bass than the M4U1.  I would classify the low end emphasis and impact as somewhere between the M-100 and Momentum.

 

Ugh...

post #129 of 1405
Ugh? Why is that...?
post #130 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

 

Ugh...

 

What do you mean man!! That's a YAAAAYYY!! ;-)

post #131 of 1405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

 

Ugh...

These are not boomy.  Bass is just a touch more than the M4U1.   I can't think of an overall better sounding closed headphone in their price range and feel I was able to gain a good impression even from a brief demo.  The HP50 is a winner.


Edited by Craigster75 - 9/24/13 at 6:56pm
post #132 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

These are not boomy.  Bass is just a touch more than the M4U1.   I can't think of an overall better sounding closed headphone in their price range and feel I was able to gain a good impression even from a brief demo.  The HP50 is a winner.

 

yup!

post #133 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

These are not boomy.  Bass is just a touch more than the M4U1.   I can't think of an overall better sounding closed headphone in their price range and feel I was able to gain a good impression even from a brief demo.  The HP50 is a winner.

 

+1, these aren't boomy at all.  They actually have well-controlled bass.  The bass reproduction reminds me more of something that is linear in nature, but has less quantity overall (compared to the majority of over-ears I've worn).  This can lead to certain listeners wanting a little better bass presence at times.  What I feel that NAD did absolutely right on these was allow a strong amount of detailing and aggressiveness without having the headphones turn out strident or overbearing; not becoming overly bright and retaining warm portions of songs (which can be destroyed at times by dead neutral 'phones).  This, I feel, is what leads to the naturalness of the sound, that and the soundstage.

post #134 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

These are not boomy.  Bass is just a touch more than the M4U1.   I can't think of an overall better sounding closed headphone in their price range and feel I was able to gain a good impression even from a brief demo.  The HP50 is a winner.

 

 

OK, a bit more bass is acceptable for me if it is tight and not diffuse and blurry. My one minor complaint with the PSB (and also on the Momentum) was the bass lacked a bit of solidity, clarity and dynamics. The M100 bass is very present but it is a tight, solid, powerful bass with authority...and it locks in consistently with the rest of the spectrum. So if the HP50 is more in line with that, that would be wonderful.

post #135 of 1405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

 

 

OK, a bit more bass is acceptable for me if it is tight and not diffuse and blurry. My one minor complaint with the PSB (and also on the Momentum) was the bass lacked a bit of solidity, clarity and dynamics. The M100 bass is very present but it is a tight, solid, powerful bass with authority...and it locks in consistently with the rest of the spectrum. So if the HP50 is more in line with that, that would be wonderful.

The bass is not diffuse (i.e. Denon AH-D600) or blurry (i.e. Logitech UE6000), but also not as tight as the M-100 and certainly not as prominent which contributes to their more neutral sound.


Edited by Craigster75 - 9/25/13 at 6:25am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?