Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? - Page 71

post #1051 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Thanks. If they sound like the T51P's, but with cleaner bass and a bit more transparency, then they are definitely winners. 
I have both the T51p's and HP50's. There are a few similarities sq wise. HP50's are overall more clean,detailed sound. When on the run I grab the T51p. When at home and I want a closed phone it is the HP50(for the most part).
Edited by subguy812 - 5/17/14 at 10:18am
post #1052 of 1317

Well you people did it to me again.......just ordered a pair of HP50's today.

 

That's 2 pairs of headphones, a DAC and an amp in less than a month! (Sorry about your wallet is right!)

 

On the plus side I got my Beyerdynamic Premium 990's for $229 and the HP50's for $219 (not refurbished....but "open box"- full warranty). So that's $680 worth for $450.....not horrible.

 

Geez for that I could have picked up a pair of Senn's 650's! Actually I'd much rather have they Beyer's and the NAD's than one pair of 650's.......but that's me.

post #1053 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astropin View Post

Well you people did it to me again.......just ordered a pair of HP50's today.

That's 2 pairs of headphones, a DAC and an amp in less than a month! (Sorry about your wallet is right!)

On the plus side I got my Beyerdynamic Premium 990's for $229 and the HP50's for $219 (not refurbished....but "open box"- full warranty). So that's $680 worth for $450.....not horrible.

Geez for that I could have picked up a pair of Senn's 650's! Actually I'd much rather have they Beyer's and the NAD's than one pair of 650's.......but that's me.
Dude...enjoy. I just came from the pool with my Iem's and got home and am listening to my HP50's and happy as hell.
post #1054 of 1317
Is it possible to use a standard (but decent quality ofc) 2-4 meter extension cable together with the supplied HP50-cable without degrading the sound quality by any means?

Hope someone can answer this, thanks!
post #1055 of 1317
Has anyone already made NADs balanced?
I think it's not very difficult as HP has already dual entry. But I wonder if I should use trrs minijacks for both sides, or it will work with mono minijacks as well?
As per detaching the wire that connects both dynamics its quite easy, it's not a big deal to disassemble hp50
post #1056 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaclocker View Post

Is it possible to use a standard (but decent quality ofc) 2-4 meter extension cable together with the supplied HP50-cable without degrading the sound quality by any means?

I have been using a cheap 6ft extension cable with the HP50 cable and have noticed no issues or differences in sound quality. I thought about ordering a better quality single cable so I dont have to use an extension but so far I'm in no rush to do so.

post #1057 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyDiamond View Post

Has anyone already made NADs balanced?
I think it's not very difficult as HP has already dual entry. But I wonder if I should use trrs minijacks for both sides, or it will work with mono minijacks as well?
As per detaching the wire that connects both dynamics its quite easy, it's not a big deal to disassemble hp50


Someone did it already on another thread. I quoted it in this thread but it does not show up in images search on this thread so you can maybe search the thread for keywords.

post #1058 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaclocker View Post

Is it possible to use a standard (but decent quality ofc) 2-4 meter extension cable together with the supplied HP50-cable without degrading the sound quality by any means?

Hope someone can answer this, thanks!


more than possible. any half decent extension will not degrade the sound one iota.

post #1059 of 1317

Here is the elusive balanced cables post that I put on this thread a while ago....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646735/nad-viso-hp50-another-superb-headphone-from-paul-barton/780#post_10366261


Edited by Lohb - 5/18/14 at 8:16am
post #1060 of 1317

believe what you wish and hear what you hear, but every extension cable I have ever used with decent headphones has an impact.  Whether you hear it or object to it only you can answer.

post #1061 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by bixby View Post

believe what you wish and hear what you hear, but every extension cable I have ever used with decent headphones has an impact.  Whether you hear it or object to it only you can answer.

Well I don't believe what I wish. I believe the science. As long as the gauge is heavy enough for the length there will be no degradation.
post #1062 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by bixby View Post
 

believe what you wish and hear what you hear, but every extension cable I have ever used with decent headphones has an impact.  Whether you hear it or object to it only you can answer.

x 2

post #1063 of 1317

This suspension band solution can be done with HP50.

The slider joint can take an elastic hairband wrapped around it and just find a black eyemask to better blend with the design.

You would just knot the hairband at the point you get suspension without nudging on the headband above.Just that little bit of spring adds to the comfort vs fixed cotton/nylon lacing.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/551345/hifiman-he-500-he-as-in-high-end-proving-to-be-an-enjoyable-experience-in-listening/13695#post_10558524


Edited by Lohb - 5/19/14 at 3:01am
post #1064 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpride View Post

http://www.spearitsound.com/Headphones-NAD_VISO_HP50_Refurbished.html

Spearitsound has them refurbished for $219.  Is this the least I would expect to pay?

Is this a good place to pickup the hp50 from? Anyone have experience with refurbished hp50 from this place?
post #1065 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo87 View Post


Is this a good place to pickup the hp50 from? Anyone have experience with refurbished hp50 from this place?

I got my HP50 refurbs from there.  They worked fine but it was obvious they were used.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?