- 176 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productASUS Xonar Essence Onetagged by System, 3/1/13
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 1/21/13
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- DAC/Amp for HD650 Last post on 11/6/11 at 2:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best soundcard Last post on 11/3/12 at 8:37am in Computer Audio
- First audio rig, need some help. Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:06pm in Computer Audio
- Headphones + amp/dac for a basshead Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence ST enough to drive Audeze LCD-2? Last post on 8/15/12 at 1:05pm in Computer Audio
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Is the Asus Xonar Essence STX and Sennheiser HD650 a good combo? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes they are bro , I had listened to the BCL and the wa2 (Flat) and somehow the veil was not a concern , I am getting a wa2 next year or if you really want the best synergy then the BCL is hard to beat I really don't prefer the sound of the conductor :D
A good tube amp should sound like a good ss amp if they are not driven to distortion. Once distortion becomes a factor then, simply put, the ss sound harsh and tubes sound... musical. Up to a point of course where everything becomes crap.
There are many websites / articles on tube vs. ss on the net to google.
That said, tube amps are pretty darn sexy and everyone should have one. In your price range, check out the Woo Audio 3 and 6. I like their design and would choose the black design option over the silver.
Not to mention that the Woo's itself are dark in nature but a lot of people prefer that colored yet detailed sound signature.
You may or may not , auditioning is the best thing you can do , coming out with equipment worth thousands of dollars and not liking the sound ain't fun :P
Edited by foreign - 7/7/13 at 7:56pm
Unfortunately I live in a small country town and auditioning audio equipment is pretty much non existent. The one store here with any audio equipment has only one set of beats to listen too lol. (Not commenting but you get the gist :-)there idea of high end set of cans are logitec. So I'm normally buying the equipment without being able to hear them first, luckily haven't had really many bad purchases.
No problem man , enjoy your 650 , in India I am facing a similar problem too :P
I wish there was a better description of the difference you experienced . Also, don't underestimate the power of expectation bias, since you said the other rig cost multiple thousand of dollar.
An honest comparison imply that you forget the price difference. Unfortunately this is hard for most of us.
In my opinion the stx does a better job versus the creative alternatives. During gaming for example I can pinpoint directions and hear sounds before other people can?? I still can't work out why but if I am playing a competition and an enemy is coming from behind I can hear them a few seconds before my team mates can. I was the only one who bought the stx and my friends went creative z. Whether this is due to Sennheiser versus akg set of cans I don't know.
It's the headphone that makes the biggest difference.
Do you like the signature ?
Don't worry if you don't , forcing to like something is not fun :(
I will be honest with you the synergy with the STX is not all that fantastic , if you don't like it and you are sure that you are forcing yourself , try it with other Amps and compare headphones if you can , as ev13wt and many other say that 650 is not the best option for being your first HiFi set of cans - for me I love it :) - There are other options like the 400's and 500's.There also is a lot of back on forth on the Facebook page about the showdown "650 vs 400's" I find that comparison to be ridiculous , I would recommend you to try cans yourself and be away from those Headphone Elitist's - they suck.
The 500's are fantastic headphones for the money , for sure next on my list after the LCD 2's.
The day is gone when people used to appreciate signature's on Head-fi now it is filled with Elitist's.
Also now people really don't care about the 650's that much its appreciation is long lost :( , my best recommendation would be to be away from the 650 forums and enjoy the music you have till its time to get a new headphone :D
FYI - I own the 650's and have tried the 500's with the wa6.
Edited by MrTechAgent - 7/12/13 at 5:27am
You mean the hifiman he-400 & he-500 I guess. Or something like hd598 ?
Well, the hd650 is an old classic. But it's expensive, and other options appeared in the market.
Especially if you are not happy with the recessed treble of hd650, there's either the hd800, or much cheaper alternatives from other brands .
Personally I run the hd800 from the xonar stx, and I don't care if it's not the "best" synergy.
So I can only laugh when someone says that the xonar stx is enough good for the hd650.
Especially the usual complain for the xonar stx is that it sounds "bright",
and that the hd650 sound "dark", I can only imagine, that on contrary there's a kind of "synnergy".
Unless you'd like to bring out some artificial lushness & euphony with tubes.
Edited by foreign - 7/13/13 at 4:59pm
- Is the Asus Xonar Essence STX and Sennheiser HD650 a good combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-4 9 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD662 Evo 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 International Shipping 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese CIEM and UIEM manufacturers 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › Review of the Little-Dot MKII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...