Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › $45,000 Mystery Amp?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$45,000 Mystery Amp?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Whats up with this one?  Don't look like any amp I have ever seen.  Maybe just a passive attenuator?  Just an e-pay scam seller?

 

item # 330855214345

 

 

 

 

 

Possibly the purest signal path on earth. This amplifier is only suitable for high impedance stereo headphones like the Sennheiser HD-580. Defining smooth sound.

 

Specifications:

Bandwidth <<0.000001Hz to >>MHz (DC to RF)

Battery operation with 12V (UPS type battery, not included)

Power consumption < 7W

High input impedance >>MOhms

No resistors, potentiometers

No Capacitors

No Transformers, Inductors

No solid state, diodes, transistors, FETS, ICs

Signal amplified by only 2 electron tubes in class A operation

Only suitable for headphones with impedance >150, <600 Ohms

 

Headphones can damage hearing at high levels. Please make shure you attenuate your signals adequately before sending to this headphone amplifier.

post #2 of 15

It's an amplifier/mini-reactor for headphone fusion

post #3 of 15
$45,000 as in forty-five thousand, as in roughly equivalent to a BMW? Yeah I'd say scam.

Looks like some sort of buffer or stand-alone amp (like you'd find for speakers), not a terrible idea, but it shouldn't cost as much as a car. Also should add, I seriously doubt this thing would even power up as-is; it looks like two tubes in sockets in half a chassis...
post #4 of 15

Id say scam - or money laundering.

post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

Id say scam - or money laundering.

Can't it be both? devil_face.gif
post #6 of 15
I think I see Dilithium Crystals in it.
post #7 of 15

I replaced my Apex Pinnacle with one of those and have no regret. My Koss Portapro never sounded so good. biggrin.gif

post #8 of 15

45k for about 10 components, not including the chassis? Those better be some super rare tubes. 

 

Id say scam, even if it wasnt though and it actually does what it says its supposed to do 45k for that? I see nothing there worth that kind of money. 

post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post

45k for about 10 components, not including the chassis? Those better be some super rare tubes. 

Id say scam, even if it wasnt though and it actually does what it says its supposed to do 45k for that? I see nothing there worth that kind of money. 

Maybe the frame is made out of platinum? tongue.gif
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post


Maybe the frame is made out of platinum? tongue.gif

Maybe. That would explain it. lol

 

I also love for your 45k he doesn't even include the battery for it. Id imagine if he did that he would have to raise the price another 10gs. 

 

check the mic preamps he also has for sale for the bargain price of 60k and 39k depending. The do a search for them. This isn't his first rodeo. Cant see the old listings but from the way people are talking and the descriptions they're posting and pics its definitely him. 


Edited by loki993 - 1/17/13 at 10:07am
post #11 of 15

More from the same seller!

 

item #330858179953

 

biggrin.gif

 

Edit: whoops, loki was faster. Still pretty hilarious, as there are two more:

 

330858180272

330858180653

 

These 4 devices would cost a fortune and about as much as an entire there-is-nothing-better speaker system...


Edited by AManAnd88Keys - 1/17/13 at 2:54pm
post #12 of 15

I bought a Flux Capacitor from this seller a while back.  I left positive feedback :)

post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cswann1 View Post

I bought a Flux Capacitor from this seller a while back.  I left positive feedback smily_headphones1.gif

Lol
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post

Maybe. That would explain it. lol

 

I also love for your 45k he doesn't even include the battery for it. Id imagine if he did that he would have to raise the price another 10gs. 

 

check the mic preamps he also has for sale for the bargain price of 60k and 39k depending. The do a search for them. This isn't his first rodeo. Cant see the old listings but from the way people are talking and the descriptions they're posting and pics its definitely him. 

Him? Mikhail?!

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cswann1 View Post

I bought a Flux Capacitor from this seller a while back.  I left positive feedback smily_headphones1.gif

Did you have to go back in time to change that feedback to prevent your parent's lives from getting screwed up though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

Him? Mikhail?!

Stuff just got real. ph34r.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › $45,000 Mystery Amp?