Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bose AE2 vs. Sennheiser HD429 vs. Monster Beats Solo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bose AE2 vs. Sennheiser HD429 vs. Monster Beats Solo

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

Hi which of these three is the best?

 

Bose AE2: 149$

Sennheiser HD429: 129$

Monster Beats Solo: 139$

 

These are for my gf who likes her bass but likes overall sound clarity and performance just as much.

 

These are all from bestbuy in canada as we have a giftcard.

 

Thanks!

post #2 of 17

HD 429.

post #3 of 17

I believe the HD429 leaks more than the other two, but overall, the HD429 should sound better, considering that I found the HD439 to be way better than either of them both, as well as that the HD429 are open headphones and most of Sennheiser's products do put attention to sound quality even to the lesser known or cheaper ones.

post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycho View Post

I believe the HD429 leaks more than the other two, but overall, the HD429 should sound better, considering that I found the HD439 to be way better than either of them both, as well as that the HD429 are open headphones and most of Sennheiser's products do put attention to sound quality even to the lesser known or cheaper ones.

uhh HD 429 isn't open

post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 

So 429 is MUCH better?

 

EDIT: I can get the 429 for around 30bucks

post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basick View Post

So 429 is MUCH better?

 

EDIT: I can get the 429 for around 30bucks


Be your best $30 spent on a headphone!!

post #7 of 17

Get a 449 if the 429 is so cheap, my brother has the 449 and I think there great and he really likes them.

post #8 of 17

If you are a basshead, AE2 might be even a good choice... 

Otherwise, Senn HD429+, less bass but more natural and better balanced sound aka neutral HP.


Edited by SmOgER - 1/17/13 at 4:52pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basick View Post

 

EDIT: I can get the 429 for around 30bucks

wow 30$? Where is it so cheap?

post #10 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuggetsPie View Post

wow 30$? Where is it so cheap?

Only because i can match the price down to 80$ and i have a 50$ gift card :D

 

bestbuy.ca only has 429 listed.. soo can't do 449's

post #11 of 17

What ever happens.  Don't buy the Beats Solos.  I found it to be a very lackluster headphone.  The bass was there, but it seemed muffled, the mids were recessed, and the highs just aren't there.  I'd recommend the Sennheiser.  If you can.  If you can look into a Skullcandy Aviator.  Not sure about the bass, but they are quite comfortable and should fall into your price range.  Maybe the Sennheiser HD-25ii if they have em?  

post #12 of 17

Yea, solos have a very bad reputation (not just there), definitely not a good choice..

post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Ok getting the 429's today and returninv the solos. So far my gf really loves the bass on the solos. The only thing about why she isn't too fond of the 429's is the bulkiness compared to the solos, she wants to wear these out..
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basick View Post

Ok getting the 429's today and returninv the solos. So far my gf really loves the bass on the solos. The only thing about why she isn't too fond of the 429's is the bulkiness compared to the solos, she wants to wear these out..

They aren't too bulky, and they are very light.

post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuggetsPie View Post

uhh HD 429 isn't open

Oooookay... but doesnt equal leakproof. I'm picking this discussion up as I'm interested in the 429. I would use them in a very quiet office surrounding and they should isolate rather well, as I will be kicked in the butt if there's disco coming from where I'm sitting :) As I'd also wear them on my way home, some isolation of outside noise would be very welcome. --> http://www.head-fi.org/t/615825/sennheiser-hd-429-impressions-reviews

Still good or should I look elsewhere? --> I should look elsewhere. Hmpf.


Edited by schaggo - 2/7/13 at 2:59am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bose AE2 vs. Sennheiser HD429 vs. Monster Beats Solo