Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › help me find the best headphones (under 150)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

help me find the best headphones (under 150)

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

I have a gaming headphone set that looks SUPER goofy, its called afterglow and it lights up, and im looking for some headphones i can actually take out in public, but im also looking for some that have quality sound for electronic, dubstep, rock, metal and stuff like that, i dont need a super large bass, but a decent to good one. here is a list of some i have been thinking about.

 

SHURE SRH750DJ
KRK KNS8400 Studio Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-M50
Sony XB500

Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2

 

im mostly thinking about the audio technica ones, but the ATH-M50 doesnt have a detachable cord and the ATH-PRO700MK2 is a bit more expensive. The Shure is also on my top list, even though it looks a little funky to me, it seems to be a popular one, and i dont know too much about the KRK but i heard they were pretty good.

 

By the way, im almost positive im going to get a Fiio e6 + l9 because i listen through my ipod, if you know anything about them, if you could suggest that i still get them if i choose what you suggest and if they do actually make a difference like most people say

 

Overall im looking for style, sound quality, comfortability, and detachable cords. Which of these seem like the best for me and if you have suggestions please feel free to tell me :D Thanks to all who respond


Edited by GuitarKingX - 1/16/13 at 8:59pm
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarKingX View Post

I have a gaming headphone set that looks SUPER goofy, its called afterglow and it lights up, and im looking for some headphones i can actually take out in public, but im also looking for some that have quality sound for electronic, dubstep, rock, metal and stuff like that, i dont need a super large bass, but a decent to good one. here is a list of some i have been thinking about.

SHURE SRH750DJ
KRK KNS8400 Studio Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-M50
Sony XB500

Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2

im mostly thinking about the audio technica ones, but the ATH-M50 doesnt have a detachable cord and the ATH-PRO700MK2 is a bit more expensive. The Shure is also on my top list, even though it looks a little funky to me, it seems to be a popular one, and i dont know too much about the KRK but i heard they were pretty good.

By the way, im almost positive im going to get a Fiio e6 + l9 because i listen through my ipod, if you know anything about them, if you could suggest that i still get them if i choose what you suggest and if they do actually make a difference like most people say

Overall im looking for style, sound quality, comfortability, and detachable cords. Which of these seem like the best for me and if you have suggestions please feel free to tell me :D Thanks to all who respond

Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) close headphones, usually sell for around $85

I would say pass on the E6 and get the Fiio E11.

I was using an E6 with my Sansa Clip Zip, but the E6 really did not seem to make a difference.

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 

people say to get the l9 with what ever Fiio you get, do you know what exactly it helps with?
 

post #4 of 9
If you are pairing an amp with any iDevice, the L9 is some of the lowest price LOD cable that actually do pretty good job. You can pair an amp straight out without a LOD cable, it might cause some unwanted noise. smily_headphones1.gif

As for headphone to use in public, you can consider HD439 smily_headphones1.gif
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarKingX View Post

People say to get the l9 with what ever Fiio you get, do you know what exactly it helps with?

Any chance you could use "L9" instead of "l9", some of us on Head-Fi might mistake your "l9" (L nine) for an "I9" (i nine).

post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Any chance you could use "L9" instead of "l9", some of us on Head-Fi might mistake your "l9" (L nine) for an "I9" (i nine).

What I was thinking.

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 

oh right sorry lol didnt know there was a I9, i will make sure to say L9

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarKingX View Post

oh right sorry lol didnt know there was a I9, i will make sure to say L9

I do not think there is a I9, I just get confused easily.

post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 

oh XD

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › help me find the best headphones (under 150)