I just got my career job and can finally get my feet wet with some real cans. I purchased the BeyerDynamic DT 990's 600OHM ( used this site to read and pick ones i wanted. You guys are awesome) and I am loving them. I paired them with a Asus xonar STX. Card became defective and they resent me my same card back threw a RMA. I am fed up with Asus. Looking for a $300< amp I could use with my desktop. Listen to music and game all on my desktop. I dont need portability. Any recommendations would be really appreciated. I read up on all the different types and now im starting to get confused lol.
- productAsus Xonar D1 Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 1/21/13
- productASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Cardtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/21/13
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about DAC for DT990 Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- PC soundcard for beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm and Fiio E9 Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats a good amp/ usb DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms? Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:35pm in Computer Audio
- What amp for DT 990 600 ohms? Last post on 7/27/12 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Newby Here ( Question about Dt 990 600OHM )
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Been reading up on O2,and matrix-M stage. Would it matter if I am using the onboard sound card? . Or would I need a separate sound card for output purposes. I also use desktop speakers at times. I see that the matrix-m has multiple outputs, would this be ideal for me so I can switch between speakers and using the front jack?.
+1 on this
On-board sound is what got me interested in external DAC units. I have not looked back since. USB playback is excellent because it can have extremely low noise, low distortion, and hardly any jitter. These factors combined make it nearly impossible to tell lossless from CD even through a decent transport when using a good external USB DAC.
Edited by NA Blur - 1/17/13 at 2:23pm
+1 on this
On-board sound is what got me interested in external DAC units. I have not looked back since. USB playback is excellent because it can have extremely low noise, low distortion, and hardly any jitter. These factors combined make it nearly impossible to tell lossless between CD even through a decent transport when using a good external USB DAC.
Is it possible to tell lossless from cd? I doubt. Even 320 kbit/s vs cd would be very hard
so my best bet would be the O2+Odac combo from JDS Labs. How would I be able to switch from Headphones to speakers?. Would I use the onboard sound card for the speakers and use the USB setup for headphones?.
Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, $70 (same audio processor as the Essence STX)
Schiit Magni headphone amplifier, $99.
Connect the Xonar to the computer case's front panel headphone jack and plug the Magni into it.
Connect the speakers to the Xonar's back panel.
I have the same set up with OP, the Xonar STX is an amazing sound card, drove the DT 990 600ohm just fine, although I did have some issue while I was setting it up, but it was my fault.(defective molex connector)
I say give ASUS another try, and save that money.
- Newby Here ( Question about Dt 990 600OHM )
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 15 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 38 seconds ago
- › New here and also need a recommendation for headphones for metal 41 seconds ago
- › Recommend to sell? 44 seconds ago
- › Headphone for Home Listening and Gaming ~$200 55 seconds ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Aurix 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Gah. 'Audiophile' USB Cable. 2 minutes ago
- › Chane Music & Cinema? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)