Hey all, I'm new here as you can see . Before I get to the point, i'd just like to take the time to comment on how great this site is. I've learned so much within the last month of browsing, and all you audiophiles keep me coming back for more! Thanks all! Now to the point. I'm not going to provide you with a huge background story behind this, just a few things i believe may be important to know about the headphones, and ****loads of pictures for you all to look at and help me identify whether these are indeed FAKES.
- Bought from Amazon.com LLC (thought to be trustworthy, based on all the comments and ratings on the headphones)
- Shipped from Columbia, North Carolina and not from Hong Kong or China (where many fakes originate)
- Box is the newer white and teal colour
- Bottom of the box reads 'Made in Taiwan', and lists the 'www.Audio-Technica.com' website as it should
- Inside the box was Audio-Technica's yellow 1 year limited warranty slip (didn't think fakes came with these)
- Headphones are in fantastic cosmetic condition, with no signs of wear, cheaply assembled joints / screws or anything. Cosmetically, these look 100% top notch quality.
- The logo on both sides of the ear cups are facing the correct way (as some fakes aren't)
- Headband seems to be filled well and stitched fairly well (for the most part)
- Sound quality is pretty good, but not amazing, although maybe i was expecting too much.
- Inside of each cups the grey and yellow circuit board is used instead of the green and yellow many fakes have
- The Ridges are stuffed with some hard cotton like material, unlike some fakes
- The Audio-Technica logo on the headband is Grey, unlike some fakes which are white
***** The main reason I'm scepticle at all - The "125B" driver sticker inside each of the ear cups beside the circuit board is MISSING
This really bothers me, as everything else about these headphones lead me to believe they are 100% genuine, EXCEPT for this one important thing. All the pictures or videos of legitimate M50's I have ever seen have all had the "125B" sticker on each ear cup. I have provided a bunch of pictures of the headphones and components below for all you experienced M50 users to look at and maybe come to a conclusion. Thanks all, I really appreciate it!! I'm hoping these aren't fakes
LINK TO PICTURE ALBUM: http://imageshack.us/g/1/9968361/