Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG) - Page 7  

post #91 of 334

I'll text Jude and pass along an invite. I dropped by the office last week but he was out. There are a few other head-fier in the area too - declinedesign and musicman59. I'll let them know as well.

 

Also, I am adding the DT1350 to my list of things I'm bringing - just ordered a pair to try.

post #92 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post

I'll text Jude and pass along an invite. I dropped by the office last week but he was out. There are a few other head-fier in the area too - declinedesign and musicman59. I'll let them know as well.

 

Also, I am adding the DT1350 to my list of things I'm bringing - just ordered a pair to try.

Oh wow, thanks!

So, what gear is everyone excited to hear?

I'm really geeking over the D2K and the 225is.

post #93 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post

I'll text Jude and pass along an invite. I dropped by the office last week but he was out. There are a few other head-fier in the area too - declinedesign and musicman59. I'll let them know as well.

 

Also, I am adding the DT1350 to my list of things I'm bringing - just ordered a pair to try.

I'll bring my DT1350 as well, I want to see if the rumors about variance between units are true.

post #94 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post

I'll text Jude and pass along an invite. I dropped by the office last week but he was out. There are a few other head-fier in the area too - declinedesign and musicman59. I'll let them know as well.

 

Also, I am adding the DT1350 to my list of things I'm bringing - just ordered a pair to try.

Oh wow, thanks!

So, what gear is everyone excited to hear?

I'm really geeking over the D2K and the 225is.

I'm losing it over the LCD-2, and your Monitor 10.

post #95 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

I'm losing it over the LCD-2, and your Monitor 10.

Yeah, that LCD-2 looks pretty crazy! Your vintage Pioneer stuff has me pretty hyped too.

post #96 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

I'm losing it over the LCD-2, and your Monitor 10.

Yeah, that LCD-2 looks pretty crazy! Your vintage Pioneer stuff has me pretty hyped too.

I'm excited to get to hear these out of a real amp, I've never used them with anything more powerful than my Dragonfly and I'm certain they're capable of sounding better.

 

I just wish my SE-500 was in better condition. It works... barely. I had to rewire the cable and reterminate it shortly after receiving it, and even still the left channel cuts out occasionally.

 

My SE-700 however is pristine. I just disassembled it and cleaned everything (including the piezo films), so it'll be flawless for the meet both cosmetically and sonically.


Edited by takato14 - 2/10/13 at 9:15pm
post #97 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

I'm excited to get to hear these out of a real amp, I've never used them with anything more powerful than my Dragonfly and I'm certain they're capable of sounding better.

 

I just wish my SE-500 was in better condition. It works... barely. I had to rewire the cable and reterminate it shortly after receiving it, and even still the left channel cuts out occasionally.

 

My SE-700 however is pristine. I just disassembled it and cleaned everything (including the piezo films), so it'll be flawless for the meet both cosmetically and sonically.

Great! I am hyped!

I'm thinking about getting a Bravo V3 or an O2, and then there's a $25 Arcatron amp I want to try out (it's from a liquidator on eBay and looks like it came from a record store, so.)

I am hyped to hear that SE-700. Craziness.

post #98 of 334
I ended up purchasing the O2 and ODAC, so I will bring them with me. Perhaps we can setup a comparison between them and the Modi/Magni (I thought someone else mentioned bringing them).
post #99 of 334

Personally, I really want to hear the M-100s. Unless I just get some before then . . . but, but, but. So many choices.

post #100 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

I ended up purchasing the O2 and ODAC, so I will bring them with me. Perhaps we can setup a comparison between them and the Modi/Magni (I thought someone else mentioned bringing them).

Wonderful. Really want to hear the Objective combo. I greatly admire what NwAvGuy is doing.

post #101 of 334

Mastershake go ahead and add my gear to the list when you get a chance.

 

CANS:

HE400

HE500

Magnum V4

 

 

AMP:

Emotiva Mini X

Hlly MK III(recapped)

Magni

 

DAC:

Pure i-20

Modi

 

SOURCE:

I can bring a thorens TD-125 if needed for vinyl.

Or a Marantz UD-5005 for BD/DVD-A/SACD/CD

post #102 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

Oh wow, thanks!

So, what gear is everyone excited to hear?

I'm really geeking over the D2K and the 225is.

 

I want to hear LCD2, HE6, D2k, and Beyer's.

 

As I'm unsure if I want to invest in an LCD2 next year to compliment my HE500 or sell it and buy an HE6.

post #103 of 334

Ok. April the 20th is locked in now for a 12pm - 5pm block. I'd suggest getting to Lansing at around 11:30am and eating before the event. Details for the contract will be given to me in the next day or so, but there shouldn't be any surprises.

 

Things to bring:

Lots of headphones (If you want to bring speakers, I'm not sure where they'd be set up. There is a lounge area outside Michigame that is quite big.)

Lots of amps/dacs/sources/cds/phones/etc.

Power strips. Each chair will have close access to about 1 or 2 plugs. If you are planning on plugging in more than one thing, bring a power strip. (We do have power strips here, but think ahead)

Ears

Camera, post pics of the meet on Head-Fi

 

When you get here, look for the sign that says "Head-Fi" and you'll know you're in the right place. The room is located as far away as you can get from the parking structure on the lowest level of the building. (Room is: Michigame) L3000.gif

 

 

I look forward to seeing you all here!

 

(Building is the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center on MSUs campus. It's very close to the Breslin Center/walking distance. Website with directions: http://www.kelloggcenter.com/map/map-michigan-state-university-east-lansing-map-kellogg-hotel )


Edited by blitzxgene - 2/11/13 at 12:54pm
post #104 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzxgene View Post

Ok. April the 20th is locked in now for a 12pm - 5pm block. I'd suggest getting to Lansing at around 11:30am and eating before the event. Details for the contract will be given to me in the next day or so, but there shouldn't be any surprises.

 

Things to bring:

Lots of headphones (If you want to bring speakers, I'm not sure where they'd be set up. There is a lounge area outside Michigame that is quite big.)

Lots of amps/dacs/sources/cds/phones/etc.

Power strips. Each chair will have close access to about 1 or 2 plugs. If you are planning on plugging in more than one thing, bring a power strip. (We do have power strips here, but think ahead)

Ears

Camera, post pics of the meet on Head-Fi

 

When you get here, look for the sign that says "Head-Fi" and you'll know you're in the right place. The room is located as far away as you can get from the parking structure on the lowest level of the building. (Room is: Michigame) L3000.gif

 

 

I look forward to seeing you all here!

 

(Building is the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center on MSUs campus. It's very close to the Breslin Center/walking distance. Website with directions: http://www.kelloggcenter.com/map/map-michigan-state-university-east-lansing-map-kellogg-hotel )

You. Are. A. Rockstar.

 

Thank you so much for getting this all set up! It's going to be a blast.

post #105 of 334
Hows parking going to work out? Generally there are almost no areas to park. Does the building have its own parking or do we have to have passes to use it? Or are we going to park like half a mile down the road?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)