Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG) - Page 22  

post #316 of 334

Yeah, I've got some

post #317 of 334

Maybe even a 6.5mm to 3.5mm for those certain few if they need it?

post #318 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio addict19 View Post

Maybe even a 6.5mm to 3.5mm for those certain few if they need it?

 

Actually, this is what I meant to post the first time. Mental slip tongue.gif

post #319 of 334

SOON biggrin.gif

post #320 of 334

Wooh gonna head out in 8 hours. Oh wait... I'm supposed to be sleeping.

...silly me 

post #321 of 334

Hey, first post aw yiss. That was a fun meet and we should do this more often, bringing in more new people each time! L3000.gif

post #322 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzxgene View Post

Hey, first post aw yiss. That was a fun meet and we should do this more often, bringing in more new people each time! L3000.gif

Oh, so I guess it isn't locked after all haha...

I agree. With it being my first meet, I thought it was a really good time. Especially getting to meet everyone that I wouldn't have met had we not organized a meet.

Thanks to everyone for showing up! Maybe next time more people will eat my baked goods tongue.gif
post #323 of 334

Great meet today! Sadly, the best headphone today was the HE-500s, but the amazing amps and DACs make up for it. Heard tube sound today for the first time so that's a big plus. We should do this every year :)

post #324 of 334
Yep. That was a good time. After hearing Mastershakes' DT880s, I'm thinking I might order some of the DT880 Pros this week smily_headphones1.gif
post #325 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfireblade25 View Post

Great meet today! Sadly, the best headphone today was the HE-500s, but the amazing amps and DACs make up for it. Heard tube sound today for the first time so that's a big plus. We should do this every year smily_headphones1.gif

Those did sound phenomenal on that *gulp* $5k tube amp! I was really impressed with the HE-400 run out of my little DAC/amp, proving [to myself] that it doesn't take very much to amp them. And the Bottlehead Crack's. For the price, I don't think you can do any better (where tube amps are concerned). They made my DT880's sing! eek.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Yep. That was a good time. After hearing Mastershakes' DT880s, I'm thinking I might order some of the DT880 Pros this week smily_headphones1.gif

Muahahaha it was all a part of my master plan to get you to buy the DT880's!!! evil_smiley.gif
post #326 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake2393 View Post


Those did sound phenomenal on that *gulp* $5k tube amp! I was really impressed with the HE-400 run out of my little DAC/amp, proving [to myself] that it doesn't take very much to amp them. And the Bottlehead Crack's. For the price, I don't think you can do any better (where tube amps are concerned). They made my DT880's sing! eek.gif
Muahahaha it was all a part of my master plan to get you to buy the DT880's!!! evil_smiley.gif

What $5k tube amp was there? I guess I missed it... confused_face.gif

post #327 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzxgene View Post

What $5k tube amp was there? I guess I missed it... confused_face.gif

The black one in the very top row with 8 tubes sticking out of it in a circle. It was ridiculous. And I thought Woo Audio made ridiculous tube amps.

post #328 of 334

Before I forget again, I was paid $40 at the meet to try and cover the $75 cost. If anyone wants to chip in a little bit more I'd be grateful.

 

This is my paypal address: zach.mathias@yahoo.com

post #329 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzxgene View Post

Before I forget again, I was paid $40 at the meet to try and cover the $75 cost. If anyone wants to chip in a little bit more I'd be grateful.

This is my paypal address: zach.mathias@yahoo.com

I chipped in $20 at the meet. Doesn't have to be that much. But everyone could chip in a little. Doesn't hurt if Zach makes a little more than $75 since he did set it up for us smily_headphones1.gif
post #330 of 334

Sent some money to blitxgene. Thanks a lot for organizing it! Though I did not get to try HD800 or some LCD2, that was a really good meet. Definitely should do again in the future.

 

So I guess I managed to convince some people to get some HD600 and some crack? smily_headphones1.gif I was surprised by the tiny ODAC. I knew it is small, but didn't expect it to be *that* small. And to Cel4145, is this the IEM you brought?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)