Just received my HD650's, and i'm enjoying the sound alot; however, i'd like to buy an amp to go with it as to improve the sound quality - My budget is around $250, although this can be changed if needed. All my music is FLAC/320kB mp3 and it's currently plugged into my (extremely terrible) laptop.
Related Forum Threads
- Need a good pairing amp/DAC combo for Sennheiser HD650s Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Objective2+ODAC combo (Rear Power) vs Schiit Magni+Modi for Sennheiser HD 650. Last post on 1/22/14 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP+DAC for HD650s Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP Last post on 4/2/14 at 9:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'm not going to repeat them. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Looking for a cheap dac/amp for my HD650's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How would you rate the SQ of Magni/Modi?
its supposed to sound very similar to the O2, which is pretty good.
after that magni/modi combo came out, i don't think you can get anything better for only 200 dollars.
and if you're driving your hd 650s without an amp, once you amp them, you will hear a very noticeable difference, basically night and day difference.
- Looking for a cheap dac/amp for my HD650's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Yulong's new DA8 4 seconds ago
- › DUNU World's First Patent Pending Hybrid Earbuds--Alpha 1 13 seconds ago
- › HM-901 19 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 19 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 23 seconds ago
- › HD 650 Portable amp 33 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 33 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Beats by Dre question, could you like them if.. 1 minute ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)