Just received my HD650's, and i'm enjoying the sound alot; however, i'd like to buy an amp to go with it as to improve the sound quality - My budget is around $250, although this can be changed if needed. All my music is FLAC/320kB mp3 and it's currently plugged into my (extremely terrible) laptop.
Related Forum Threads
- After hours of research, I still can't find something that I like. Help, please? Last post on 8/5/14 at 2:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a good pairing amp/DAC combo for Sennheiser HD650s Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Objective2+ODAC combo (Rear Power) vs Schiit Magni+Modi for Sennheiser HD 650. Last post on 12/14/14 at 11:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP+DAC for HD650s Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP Last post on 4/2/14 at 9:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
Looking for a cheap dac/amp for my HD650's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How would you rate the SQ of Magni/Modi?
its supposed to sound very similar to the O2, which is pretty good.
after that magni/modi combo came out, i don't think you can get anything better for only 200 dollars.
and if you're driving your hd 650s without an amp, once you amp them, you will hear a very noticeable difference, basically night and day difference.
- Looking for a cheap dac/amp for my HD650's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a... 5 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 34 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 57 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › BEST STEREO SHELF SYSTEM FOR HEADPHONES? 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Mid-fi Challenger: Phillips Fidelio X2 Vs. Sennheiser HD650 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Sad thred, need help 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3