Just received my HD650's, and i'm enjoying the sound alot; however, i'd like to buy an amp to go with it as to improve the sound quality - My budget is around $250, although this can be changed if needed. All my music is FLAC/320kB mp3 and it's currently plugged into my (extremely terrible) laptop.
Related Forum Threads
- After hours of research, I still can't find something that I like. Help, please? Last post on 8/5/14 at 2:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a good pairing amp/DAC combo for Sennheiser HD650s Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Objective2+ODAC combo (Rear Power) vs Schiit Magni+Modi for Sennheiser HD 650. Last post on 12/14/14 at 11:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP+DAC for HD650s Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP Last post on 4/2/14 at 9:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
Looking for a cheap dac/amp for my HD650's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How would you rate the SQ of Magni/Modi?
its supposed to sound very similar to the O2, which is pretty good.
after that magni/modi combo came out, i don't think you can get anything better for only 200 dollars.
and if you're driving your hd 650s without an amp, once you amp them, you will hear a very noticeable difference, basically night and day difference.
- Looking for a cheap dac/amp for my HD650's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best desktop speakers that have XLR ins? 2 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T20? Any alternatives? 4 minutes ago
- › [TOUR] Cayin N5 DAP (AK4490EQ, DSD, 2.5mm balanced headphone) 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2