Just received my HD650's, and i'm enjoying the sound alot; however, i'd like to buy an amp to go with it as to improve the sound quality - My budget is around $250, although this can be changed if needed. All my music is FLAC/320kB mp3 and it's currently plugged into my (extremely terrible) laptop.
Related Forum Threads
- After hours of research, I still can't find something that I like. Help, please? Last post on 8/5/14 at 2:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a good pairing amp/DAC combo for Sennheiser HD650s Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Objective2+ODAC combo (Rear Power) vs Schiit Magni+Modi for Sennheiser HD 650. Last post on 12/14/14 at 11:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP+DAC for HD650s Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP Last post on 4/2/14 at 9:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Looking for a cheap dac/amp for my HD650's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How would you rate the SQ of Magni/Modi?
its supposed to sound very similar to the O2, which is pretty good.
after that magni/modi combo came out, i don't think you can get anything better for only 200 dollars.
and if you're driving your hd 650s without an amp, once you amp them, you will hear a very noticeable difference, basically night and day difference.
- Looking for a cheap dac/amp for my HD650's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 3 seconds ago
- › Logitech UE 9000 vs AKG K845BT 7 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 11 seconds ago
- › Lime Ears appreciation, discussion, and review thread - introducing... 55 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 2 minutes ago
- › Sony PCM M10 as portable player? 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2