Just received my HD650's, and i'm enjoying the sound alot; however, i'd like to buy an amp to go with it as to improve the sound quality - My budget is around $250, although this can be changed if needed. All my music is FLAC/320kB mp3 and it's currently plugged into my (extremely terrible) laptop.
Related Forum Threads
- After hours of research, I still can't find something that I like. Help, please? Last post on 8/5/14 at 2:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a good pairing amp/DAC combo for Sennheiser HD650s Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Objective2+ODAC combo (Rear Power) vs Schiit Magni+Modi for Sennheiser HD 650. Last post on 12/14/14 at 11:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP+DAC for HD650s Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP Last post on 4/2/14 at 9:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Looking for a cheap dac/amp for my HD650's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How would you rate the SQ of Magni/Modi?
its supposed to sound very similar to the O2, which is pretty good.
after that magni/modi combo came out, i don't think you can get anything better for only 200 dollars.
and if you're driving your hd 650s without an amp, once you amp them, you will hear a very noticeable difference, basically night and day difference.
- Looking for a cheap dac/amp for my HD650's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 43 seconds ago
- › WARNING - iTunes Home Sharing removed from IOS 8.4 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Good Closed Back headphones for under 150 USD 2 minutes ago
- › Vienna/Austria Meet, July 11, 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 4 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)