As the title says, my friend is looking for a decent low cost amp/dac combo of some sort to pair with his hd650s. He's currently using my old Audio-GD Fun version B. What kind of system could he expect to upgrade to that would pair well with the 650s?
Related Forum Threads
- After hours of research, I still can't find something that I like. Help, please? Last post on 8/5/14 at 2:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a good pairing amp/DAC combo for Sennheiser HD650s Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Objective2+ODAC combo (Rear Power) vs Schiit Magni+Modi for Sennheiser HD 650. Last post on 1/22/14 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP+DAC for HD650s Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP Last post on 4/2/14 at 9:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Helping out a friend, needs an amp/dac to go with (possibly balanced) Senn hd650s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's one of the options i've been looking at for him.
Any chance of something that could be balanced near this price point? I've heard good things about balanced hd650s.
?... The magni/modi is about as balanced as its gonna get in it's price range. It's been compared to the o2/odac which is known for it's neutral and balanced sound. Take a look: http://www.head-fi.org/t/642401/comparison-and-review-magni-modi-vs-o2-odac
- Helping out a friend, needs an amp/dac to go with (possibly balanced) Senn hd650s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › AK100 with RWAK100-S mod 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 7 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001 7 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)