As the title says, my friend is looking for a decent low cost amp/dac combo of some sort to pair with his hd650s. He's currently using my old Audio-GD Fun version B. What kind of system could he expect to upgrade to that would pair well with the 650s?
Related Forum Threads
- After hours of research, I still can't find something that I like. Help, please? Last post on 8/5/14 at 2:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a good pairing amp/DAC combo for Sennheiser HD650s Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Objective2+ODAC combo (Rear Power) vs Schiit Magni+Modi for Sennheiser HD 650. Last post on 12/14/14 at 11:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP+DAC for HD650s Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP Last post on 4/2/14 at 9:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Helping out a friend, needs an amp/dac to go with (possibly balanced) Senn hd650s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's one of the options i've been looking at for him.
Any chance of something that could be balanced near this price point? I've heard good things about balanced hd650s.
?... The magni/modi is about as balanced as its gonna get in it's price range. It's been compared to the o2/odac which is known for it's neutral and balanced sound. Take a look: http://www.head-fi.org/t/642401/comparison-and-review-magni-modi-vs-o2-odac
- Helping out a friend, needs an amp/dac to go with (possibly balanced) Senn hd650s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 20 seconds ago
- › Affordable DAC for new user 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 8 minutes ago
- › Are these the best ~$500 closed headphones for movies and gaming? 8 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3