As the title says, my friend is looking for a decent low cost amp/dac combo of some sort to pair with his hd650s. He's currently using my old Audio-GD Fun version B. What kind of system could he expect to upgrade to that would pair well with the 650s?
Related Forum Threads
- After hours of research, I still can't find something that I like. Help, please? Last post on 8/5/14 at 2:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a good pairing amp/DAC combo for Sennheiser HD650s Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Objective2+ODAC combo (Rear Power) vs Schiit Magni+Modi for Sennheiser HD 650. Last post on 12/14/14 at 11:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP+DAC for HD650s Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP Last post on 4/2/14 at 9:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
Helping out a friend, needs an amp/dac to go with (possibly balanced) Senn hd650s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's one of the options i've been looking at for him.
Any chance of something that could be balanced near this price point? I've heard good things about balanced hd650s.
?... The magni/modi is about as balanced as its gonna get in it's price range. It's been compared to the o2/odac which is known for it's neutral and balanced sound. Take a look: http://www.head-fi.org/t/642401/comparison-and-review-magni-modi-vs-o2-odac
- Helping out a friend, needs an amp/dac to go with (possibly balanced) Senn hd650s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Need a recommendation on purchasing a Dap/Amp/Iem 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Korbe Canida wins Chesky Records Singer-Songwriter Tournament 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2