Just reading the L1 impressions thread and folks there seemed to claiming it is basically equivalent to a closed headphone in terms of of sound leakage out. I am dubious of this based on previous experience with semi-open phones. So now that people have had them for a while and the initial excitement has worn off, how much do they really leak? I am interested in using them on public transport, so potentially with someone's ear a foot away. I would Ideally prefer that person to be able to hear nothing. But I accept that is unachievable in non-IEMs, but I want truly minimal leakage. I personally hate getting stuck next to someone who has some semi-open buds that leak so much I can basically listen along with them.
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1 Over the Ear Headphones - MINT Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 5/9/13 at 1:26am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wanted: MDR-1R, UE6000, Momentum, Fidelio L1.... lots of items to trade inside Last post on 5/1/13 at 12:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Philips Fidelio L1 Review (Compared a Little To The MDR 1R) Last post on 4/30/13 at 2:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 4/24/13 at 6:57pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Philips L1 leakage?
post #1 of 5
1/15/13 at 4:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 5
1/17/13 at 4:24am
post #3 of 5
1/25/13 at 1:45pm
post #4 of 5
1/26/13 at 5:02pm
- Philips L1 leakage?
Currently, there are 2052 Active Users (506 Members and 1546 Guests)
- › Why would anyone want just one headphone? 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 50 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Burson HA-160D or Conductor? 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: HD650 Cable w/ 4 Pin XLR 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe