Just reading the L1 impressions thread and folks there seemed to claiming it is basically equivalent to a closed headphone in terms of of sound leakage out. I am dubious of this based on previous experience with semi-open phones. So now that people have had them for a while and the initial excitement has worn off, how much do they really leak? I am interested in using them on public transport, so potentially with someone's ear a foot away. I would Ideally prefer that person to be able to hear nothing. But I accept that is unachievable in non-IEMs, but I want truly minimal leakage. I personally hate getting stuck next to someone who has some semi-open buds that leak so much I can basically listen along with them.
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica AH-M50x vs Philips Fidelio L1 vs Something Else Last post on 5/23/14 at 11:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recs on full-size, open headphones that do not require amp? Last post on 5/13/14 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ad700x vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 5/4/14 at 11:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K551 vs Beyerdynamic DT770s vs Philips Fidelio L1s. Last post on 5/1/14 at 6:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio L1: Thumbs up Last post on 4/29/14 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Philips L1 leakage?
post #1 of 5
1/15/13 at 4:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 5
1/17/13 at 4:24am
post #3 of 5
1/25/13 at 1:45pm
post #4 of 5
1/26/13 at 5:02pm
- Philips L1 leakage?
Currently, there are 2552 Active Users (497 Members and 2055 Guests)
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › hd650 enquiry 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 6 minutes ago
- › [T-PEOS] Announce Closing Preorder of Altone200 and Start Official... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Need new headphones/ How to listen to music 8 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)