Just reading the L1 impressions thread and folks there seemed to claiming it is basically equivalent to a closed headphone in terms of of sound leakage out. I am dubious of this based on previous experience with semi-open phones. So now that people have had them for a while and the initial excitement has worn off, how much do they really leak? I am interested in using them on public transport, so potentially with someone's ear a foot away. I would Ideally prefer that person to be able to hear nothing. But I accept that is unachievable in non-IEMs, but I want truly minimal leakage. I personally hate getting stuck next to someone who has some semi-open buds that leak so much I can basically listen along with them.
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica AH-M50x vs Philips Fidelio L1 vs Something Else Last post on 5/23/14 at 11:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recs on full-size, open headphones that do not require amp? Last post on 5/13/14 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ad700x vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 5/4/14 at 11:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K551 vs Beyerdynamic DT770s vs Philips Fidelio L1s. Last post on 5/1/14 at 6:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio L1: Thumbs up Last post on 4/29/14 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
Philips L1 leakage?
post #1 of 5
1/15/13 at 4:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 5
1/17/13 at 4:24am
post #3 of 5
1/25/13 at 1:45pm
post #4 of 5
1/26/13 at 5:02pm
- Philips L1 leakage?
Currently, there are 3427 Active Users (707 Members and 2720 Guests)
- › Destiny 5 seconds ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 8 seconds ago
- › worst date stories 46 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 3 minutes ago
- › stolen lost shure e5s!?!?!? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)