Does anyone have any suggestions?
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
- productHD219 - Closed Back On Ear Headphones with Dynamic Basstagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone, Bluetagged by System, 1/21/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for £60 headphones Last post on 4/12/13 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- mom looking for gift for 11 yr old Last post on 7/22/13 at 6:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's.. Last post on 2/13/13 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Sony XB400 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So which sounds better the XB500 or the XB400? They are both at the same price range. Every one compares the XB400 with the XB300 or with the XB600 but i haven't seen any comparisons between the XB400 and XB500
I could not find the charts for the XB-400 and I have not had the pleasure to listen to it. That is why I suggested the XB-500 which is something I have familiarity.
If anyone has a pair ask Tyll Hertsens if he will measure them.
i have the xb400, i am no audiophile, i want to start getting good headphones etc, but in my opinion $40 in Amazon... Not sure you can beat that. The bass goes super deep, playing bass boosted songs from the BassBooster2 on youtube (you can download songs from his channel in 1400kpbs wav files) the headphones sound amazing. Rap/hip-hop, dubstep, electronic, and some pop is what i listen to. these headphones dont distort unless there is too much bass. Normal songs barely have more bass unless its intended too, and bass boosted is... OMG cant imagine what the xb500, xb800, and xb1000 sound like...
i have blue ones too :) they look nice, only problem is the shiny outside scratches easily. the cord got stuck to my rolling chair when i pushed off the desk, the fell and know have little scratches :((. they aren't very noticeable tho. these headphones run great from my ipod touch 5th gen cuz they dont need a lot of power to run, so i think the fiio amp will be useless (but i have never tried it)
Iv'e had these headphones for around 4 months now. These are very comfortable i wear glasses and i can wear these for hours. The bass on these is amazing, it literally vibrates your ears. Compared to the Beats by Dre solos the XB400 have better bass ( more bass, deeper, clearer) but the Solos have better highs and upper mids. But the price difference is also a lot so i don't know if that is a good comparison. Any ways i do recommend the XB 400s if you are a Bass Head and don't want to spend too much for headphones, since these are only around 45$ on Amazon.
- Sony XB400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 2 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 10 seconds ago
- › Best music while stoned? 25 seconds ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Living Stereo 60-CD box set (classical) 3 minutes ago
- › sharing worst experience in audio-gd! Be careful everyone.. 3 minutes ago
- › OCCUPY HI-FI - about Head-Fi (in relation to High End Audio) -... 4 minutes ago
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe