What do you all think of this pair? I'm looking for a headphone with good bass quantity and quality without suffering heavy performance issues in other areas (Like Beats). At $199.99, it is the highest priced model I will probably be looking at. Anything comparable and cheaper is welcome, too. This is a purchase I'm planning on sometime in 6 months. What about original LPs or maybe even the M80? If you could recommend anything better for dubstep, electro, rap, house, and the like within my price range other than these, I'm open to those suggestions, too. Thanks for your time everyone!
Related Forum Threads
- V Moda M80 or LP2?? Last post on 1/28/14 at 8:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Suggestions Last post on 10/8/13 at 3:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on picking the right pair of On/Around ear Headphones Last post on 9/28/13 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need A New Headphone. Last post on 9/2/13 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda Lp2 vs V Moda Lp vs V Moda M80 Last post on 8/29/13 at 4:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
V-Moda LP2?post #1 of 51/15/13 at 3:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 51/15/13 at 5:50pm
I have owned the LP2s for about 3 months now, and I can say they are amazing for things like dubstep, you would not be dissapointed. The LPs actually have more bass than the LP2s, but I feel that the mids suffer a bit from that, and the highs are recessed as well. The M80 on the other hand is said to be a flat headphone, it has nowhere near the bass of the LP/LP2.post #3 of 51/15/13 at 8:36pmThread StarterThanks for the response. The M80 appealed to me the most because I thought they would a well priced, bassier alternative to my M50s but if they are not enough to make much of a difference I might not bother.post #4 of 51/16/13 at 3:56pmThread Starterpost #5 of 51/18/13 at 11:27amIve tried the M80 at radioshack where I live, and did not like the bass quantity or quality. Im one of those people that likes the bass that you can really feel, even on the headphone when they shake. The M80 has some bass but not rumbling bass, and I felt like it wasnt the best quality either, maybe Im just wierd
- V-Moda LP2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Does a DAC/Amp make sense with this setup? + questions about... 4 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob