What do you all think of this pair? I'm looking for a headphone with good bass quantity and quality without suffering heavy performance issues in other areas (Like Beats). At $199.99, it is the highest priced model I will probably be looking at. Anything comparable and cheaper is welcome, too. This is a purchase I'm planning on sometime in 6 months. What about original LPs or maybe even the M80? If you could recommend anything better for dubstep, electro, rap, house, and the like within my price range other than these, I'm open to those suggestions, too. Thanks for your time everyone!
Related Forum Threads
- V Moda M80 or LP2?? Last post on 1/28/14 at 8:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Suggestions Last post on 10/8/13 at 3:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on picking the right pair of On/Around ear Headphones Last post on 9/28/13 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need A New Headphone. Last post on 9/2/13 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda Lp2 vs V Moda Lp vs V Moda M80 Last post on 8/29/13 at 4:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
V-Moda LP2?post #1 of 51/15/13 at 3:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 51/15/13 at 5:50pm
I have owned the LP2s for about 3 months now, and I can say they are amazing for things like dubstep, you would not be dissapointed. The LPs actually have more bass than the LP2s, but I feel that the mids suffer a bit from that, and the highs are recessed as well. The M80 on the other hand is said to be a flat headphone, it has nowhere near the bass of the LP/LP2.post #3 of 51/15/13 at 8:36pmThread StarterThanks for the response. The M80 appealed to me the most because I thought they would a well priced, bassier alternative to my M50s but if they are not enough to make much of a difference I might not bother.post #4 of 51/16/13 at 3:56pmThread Starterpost #5 of 51/18/13 at 11:27amIve tried the M80 at radioshack where I live, and did not like the bass quantity or quality. Im one of those people that likes the bass that you can really feel, even on the headphone when they shake. The M80 has some bass but not rumbling bass, and I felt like it wasnt the best quality either, maybe Im just wierd
- V-Moda LP2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 10 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 37 seconds ago
- › Can any electrical /physics folks explain this? 38 seconds ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 54 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › What does clockwise-tilted across the entire range, so that output... 2 minutes ago
- › Steelseries Flux In-ear hard to adjust correctly into ear. 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 4 minutes ago
- › A headfi movie script I wrote in the HE500 thread a long time ago,... 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude