I finally decided what Amp/DAC combination I want to go with and I need a good source player. So here are my needs, I am hoping for some help finding something that fits. I have a Galaxy S3 that I am going to try to output over OTG, doubting that will work though. This would be in my bedroom, and I am trying not to spend a lot since I am buying the AMP/DAC, here is what I was thinking
1) I have a Ubuntu PC in the same room, maybe output via spdif to the Bifrost, using XBMC remote control on Android control the music without having to turn on the TV. Negative of this is the spdif output on the PC MB prob sucks and I have to run a PC.
2) I really like the SONOS streamer, and it allows remote via Android, but I dont want to spend 400 on this setup, any cheaper alternatives?
3) I have a NAS (FreeNAS, upnp) for streaming over Wifi, a computer in the room, any ways to use these for a cheap setup.
4) Android USB OTG and USB Recorder pro, will depend if it is compatible with the USB on the bifrost
5) Any standalone players where I can browse library files easily with spdif out?