How does the UDH-100 work with Sennheiser HD600? Mostly I listen to classic music, especially chamber music. Do they do a good job for these kinds of music? Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNuForce DAC-100tagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: NuForce DAC-80 - replacement for the DAC-100 (same sound, lower price) Last post on 11/15/13 at 7:30pm in Dedicated Source Components
- For Sale: Nuforce DAC100 DAC/headphone amp/pre-amp (another price drop!) Last post on 7/13/13 at 10:03pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Ipar 1023A Tube Pre Amp / Headphone Amp Review From China Last post on 10/23/13 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: NuForce DAC-100 integrated DAC/amp Last post on 9/25/13 at 10:33pm in Dedicated Source Components
- NEW! NuForce DAC-100 Last post on 2/8/13 at 11:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
NuForce UDH-100 - Page 3post #31 of 3510/24/13 at 11:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3511/11/13 at 2:55am
Has anyone experienced issues with the drivers in Windows x64 (both 7 and 8.1)? When using WASAPI the drivers occasionally hangs for me, need to disconnect/reconnect the usb cable for it to reset, I've also had one occurrence of massive distortions in the output. Going to send it in but I doubt they will find any problems with my unit and return it without doing anything (driver issues are quite hard to reproduce after all), hopefully I will be able to sell it without taking too much of a loss. Haven't had a single issue with the machine otherwise so I doubt there's a problem with the other hardware.post #33 of 3511/11/13 at 5:50am
the volume control is kinda wonky it feels like its not turning anything but it works just fine. no there is no visual display. there is a very small pinhole next to the volume pot that lights up red when the unit is on, also the vent next to the volume pot does nothing. the volume knob is 0 to 100% in one full turn yes.post #34 of 3511/19/13 at 4:24am
The volume pot is the single biggest flaw of this otherwise excellent product.
It is vague, imprecise, flimsy and provides no useful feedback to the user.
Given how nicely built the rest of it is, I just don't understand what NuForce were thinking.post #35 of 3511/19/13 at 4:39am
I actually experienced another bug before I sent my unit back for a refund. I was listening to some music, put my headphones on the table, went to the kitchen (none of this actually matters of course) and when I got back the volume was almost twice as high, no change on the volume knob. I then just barely adjusted the volume and it immediately went back to the previous level, I imagine this could've been a lot worse if the headphones were on my head while this occurred.
- NuForce UDH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- NuForce DAC-100No reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs... 18 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 33 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music? 3 minutes ago
- › Do I need a DAC? 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Westone ES5 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude