- Budget - 150-200
- Source - My PC with a sound card (Dolby Headphone)
- Requirements for Isolation - No requirements
- Preferred Type of Headphone - Comfort is a big deal since I wear them at home for long periods of time.
- Preferred Tonality - Balanced.
- Past headphones - I have had HD555 (dog ate them), Logitech G35 (dog ate them (he's rude)), MDR-V6 (current but jack is going bad)
- Preferred Music - A little bit of everything but mostly rock/hip hop.
As the title states, I will use these mostly for gaming. I am not extremely competitive so I ruled out using the AD700s since the lack of bass was worrisome. I am looking more for an immersive sound instead of positional accuracy but having both would be great.
I am not so sure if I should consider the HD598 since I heard the foam mod makes the 558's sound pretty close to the same so I've heard.
I wasn't able to find many posts from people who have DT770s (250ohm), but the Senn HD598's seem to be pretty loved. Would love to hear from anyone that can compare the two and see what each one would offer me over the other.
Thank you all.
edit: If anyone has any other recommendations, I am all ears. I have considered the M50s but found that their soundstage is kind of small and can be uncomfortable.
Edited by sixtyfivedays - 1/14/13 at 2:54pm