- 3 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/14/13
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 1/14/13
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Your thoughts on a few phones Last post on 2/16/13 at 4:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- You're my only hope... Last post on 12/5/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First time buying new headphones. HELP PLEASE :) Last post on 10/28/12 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Rock, Gaming and TV Steams - Asus Xonar STX - Which Headphones? Last post on 10/3/12 at 4:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for opera within sub $400 price range with sub $350 amp/dac combo Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
New Headphones?post #1 of 41/14/13 at 7:30amThread StarterSorry for the double post guys but I really need help and my last post didn't get any love Hey guys, I recently purchased Astro A40s but due to them having lots of errors with the audio dropping out, I have decided that I am just going to buy a pair of headphones. I would like them for gaming but at the same time I want good music quality. I was thinking of Beats but people say they are garbage and I started hearing of headphones such as Sennheiser and other brands. I listen to lots of Kid Cudi, some Drake, hip hop, rap, and rock. I would like some decent bass but not too heavily to where its annoying. I would like to be able to know the bass is present with some thump but not too much as I said. I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 598, it doesn't have to necessarily be the Sennheiser brand either. I would mostly use them here at home so it doesn't really have to be portable.. If you guys could give the best I can possibly get it would be appreciated. I have $250 to spend. Maybe $300 at most as I plan on buying an Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser microphone to chat. Another quick question is if that's even possible to use the AT2020s as a mic? With any type of adapters?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/14/13 at 9:02amI believe the reason why you aren't getting any reply because there are tones of thread about the beats and recommended bass heavy headphone similar to beat. Try looking it up and you will see. Also look up about the senn 598 and you should also see a lot as it is a pretty popular headphone.post #3 of 41/14/13 at 9:04am
Beyer DT880 or DT990?
DT880 being the more neutral of the two, while the 990 has more bass.
HD598 are great with gaming, as are the Beyer's. Has the least amount of bass of the three. Coming from zero experience with higher end headphones, I'm sure you'll be impressed with either one :)
AKG Q701 would be another good option. They may be the best option for you because they are the most balanced headphones I listed here. Bass isn't too strong, but unlike the 598's I can still enjoy the amount of bass they give me.
Keep in mind that these are just my opinions. It's always best to go out and listen to these headphones yourself to decide what best for you.post #4 of 41/14/13 at 9:10am
Sony MDR-V6 and /thread
Oh you're still here?
The V6 is
easy to drive
has great bass
is very musical
is closed backed so you can go loud without disturbing people
is closed backed so people don't disturb you
is cheap at $70
is well built and will survive many gaming sessions
Sounds great on an Iphone with no EQ
Looks totally boss
are hard as hell to drive especially the 880
are open backed so you will upset your significant other
are expensive as hell but worth it if you know what you're buying
are comfortable for long wearing periods
lack bass response but have deep bass extension
are bright with an extended silky smooth upper range
The K/Q 701's
are hard as hell to drive but easier than the beyerdynamics
are open backed so you will upset your dog
are expensive as hell but mostly worth it if you know what you're buying
are a little less comfortable than the beyerdynamics
have decent bass response and extension
sound good without eq
are the undisputed king of the midrange in this lineup of your choices
see my review, in battlefield 3 it hurt my ears to get shot at, they are that good
are bright with a pronounced midrange
require extensive break in and the sound will change by the minute the first 10 hours or so of use.
- New Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trafomatic Audio - TakeT H2+ amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet! 4 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 4 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Sony XBA H3 Review and... 4 minutes ago
- › Gear advice, vinyl upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude