- 3,208 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- If you could have any closed-back headphones at Guitar Center? Last post on 7/16/14 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation: Considering Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro or Bower & Wilkins P7's Last post on 6/13/14 at 1:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Should I get DT-770, DT-250, or Custom One Pro? Last post on 5/15/14 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a new set of Headphones! Last post on 5/12/14 at 11:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamics dt-880 vs. dt-770 Last post on 5/1/14 at 8:05pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Custom One Pro Impressions/Review?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Picked them up recently. I am really starting to like them. I ordered from Amazon and pulled them out of the box Saturday afternoon, listened for about 45 minutes and promptly boxed them back up and printed a return label. The sound to me was horrendous for $200. The bass was non existent on setting 1 of the bass ports (obviously), but there was a shrill vibration in the drivers that made me think they were broken. Port 2 was a bit better and at Port 3 they were listenable although the bass was of the terribly muddy type. I plugged into my E11/L9/iPhone and attained similar results.
After thinking about the fact I had not burned these things in at all, before taking them back to the UPS store I cut the box back open and decided to give them another run Sunday morning. Immediately they sounded better. I listened for about an hour then took a break while I let them run under some decent volume for another 2 hours. Throughout the day yesterday the headphones sound was progressively better to the point where I am almost happy with them. Long story short, these things need burn-in time.
I am not sure if it is right to directly compare these to my M-50's and perhaps the sibilance of the M-50's has my mind in a different place but the COP sounded (and still sound) quite a bit darker. However, they have cleared up amazingly with one full day of running, to the point of my satisfaction? I'm still not sure but any case I am looking for a pair of closed phones to take the place of my M-50's. I am what most would refer to as a basshead, however I hate muddled one tone in your face bass, more like textured, clean and rich.
One thing of mention would be amping ability. While still comparing to the M-50's I can not listen to the M-50's without using my E11. On the 3rd bass port the COP sounds great with no amp, just off my iPhone 5 playing 320kps audio files. This is a very fun headphone it may be everything you are looking for but I am looking for a bit brighter set with maybe a bit cleaner, more textured bass and maybe a larger sound stage (I know that's a tall order in a closed design). Anyway good luck on whatever you decide and FYI Amazon has had these things flirting back and forth at around $165 the past week. Mine were $199...
- Custom One Pro Impressions/Review?
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 18 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Portable AMP/DAC working on Android [HELP] 1 minute ago
- › Hi, is there anything in the market with a incredible powerful... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD700, Denon AH-D2000, Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Ref. 1 2 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear