- 3,208 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- If you could have any closed-back headphones at Guitar Center? Last post on 7/16/14 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation: Considering Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro or Bower & Wilkins P7's Last post on 6/13/14 at 1:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Should I get DT-770, DT-250, or Custom One Pro? Last post on 5/15/14 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a new set of Headphones! Last post on 5/12/14 at 11:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamics dt-880 vs. dt-770 Last post on 5/1/14 at 8:05pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
Custom One Pro Impressions/Review?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Picked them up recently. I am really starting to like them. I ordered from Amazon and pulled them out of the box Saturday afternoon, listened for about 45 minutes and promptly boxed them back up and printed a return label. The sound to me was horrendous for $200. The bass was non existent on setting 1 of the bass ports (obviously), but there was a shrill vibration in the drivers that made me think they were broken. Port 2 was a bit better and at Port 3 they were listenable although the bass was of the terribly muddy type. I plugged into my E11/L9/iPhone and attained similar results.
After thinking about the fact I had not burned these things in at all, before taking them back to the UPS store I cut the box back open and decided to give them another run Sunday morning. Immediately they sounded better. I listened for about an hour then took a break while I let them run under some decent volume for another 2 hours. Throughout the day yesterday the headphones sound was progressively better to the point where I am almost happy with them. Long story short, these things need burn-in time.
I am not sure if it is right to directly compare these to my M-50's and perhaps the sibilance of the M-50's has my mind in a different place but the COP sounded (and still sound) quite a bit darker. However, they have cleared up amazingly with one full day of running, to the point of my satisfaction? I'm still not sure but any case I am looking for a pair of closed phones to take the place of my M-50's. I am what most would refer to as a basshead, however I hate muddled one tone in your face bass, more like textured, clean and rich.
One thing of mention would be amping ability. While still comparing to the M-50's I can not listen to the M-50's without using my E11. On the 3rd bass port the COP sounds great with no amp, just off my iPhone 5 playing 320kps audio files. This is a very fun headphone it may be everything you are looking for but I am looking for a bit brighter set with maybe a bit cleaner, more textured bass and maybe a larger sound stage (I know that's a tall order in a closed design). Anyway good luck on whatever you decide and FYI Amazon has had these things flirting back and forth at around $165 the past week. Mine were $199...
- Custom One Pro Impressions/Review?
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 21 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 41 seconds ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 1 minute ago
- › Nura: Headphones that learn and adapt to your unique hearing 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-SR5BT: Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ATH WS99BT Discussion & Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 5 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...