- 3,208 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- If you could have any closed-back headphones at Guitar Center? Last post on 7/16/14 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation: Considering Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro or Bower & Wilkins P7's Last post on 6/13/14 at 1:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Should I get DT-770, DT-250, or Custom One Pro? Last post on 5/15/14 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a new set of Headphones! Last post on 5/12/14 at 11:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamics dt-880 vs. dt-770 Last post on 5/1/14 at 8:05pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
This review won't be too detailed, just a vote of respect for such a fine pair of headphones. I tend to like warm toned headphones, rather than purely neutral sets, and the Philips Fidelio X2 has...
The NAD VISO HP50 could have been a truly outstanding headphone. They produced a set with great sound, with a marvelous midrange, bass when it is called for in the music and highs that do not...
Philips SHP8000 40mm Dynamic Semi Open Full-size Headphones 10/21/2016 This ends up being an import only, semi-open, full-size around-ear headphone, priced at about $80.00...
What can I say the bass is nice on this after all it's in the XB series. It is somewhat well controlled. I did notice with stronger bass music it tends to hit almost distortion levels. The treble...
Custom One Pro Impressions/Review?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Picked them up recently. I am really starting to like them. I ordered from Amazon and pulled them out of the box Saturday afternoon, listened for about 45 minutes and promptly boxed them back up and printed a return label. The sound to me was horrendous for $200. The bass was non existent on setting 1 of the bass ports (obviously), but there was a shrill vibration in the drivers that made me think they were broken. Port 2 was a bit better and at Port 3 they were listenable although the bass was of the terribly muddy type. I plugged into my E11/L9/iPhone and attained similar results.
After thinking about the fact I had not burned these things in at all, before taking them back to the UPS store I cut the box back open and decided to give them another run Sunday morning. Immediately they sounded better. I listened for about an hour then took a break while I let them run under some decent volume for another 2 hours. Throughout the day yesterday the headphones sound was progressively better to the point where I am almost happy with them. Long story short, these things need burn-in time.
I am not sure if it is right to directly compare these to my M-50's and perhaps the sibilance of the M-50's has my mind in a different place but the COP sounded (and still sound) quite a bit darker. However, they have cleared up amazingly with one full day of running, to the point of my satisfaction? I'm still not sure but any case I am looking for a pair of closed phones to take the place of my M-50's. I am what most would refer to as a basshead, however I hate muddled one tone in your face bass, more like textured, clean and rich.
One thing of mention would be amping ability. While still comparing to the M-50's I can not listen to the M-50's without using my E11. On the 3rd bass port the COP sounds great with no amp, just off my iPhone 5 playing 320kps audio files. This is a very fun headphone it may be everything you are looking for but I am looking for a bit brighter set with maybe a bit cleaner, more textured bass and maybe a larger sound stage (I know that's a tall order in a closed design). Anyway good luck on whatever you decide and FYI Amazon has had these things flirting back and forth at around $165 the past week. Mine were $199...
- Custom One Pro Impressions/Review?
- › Earbuds Round-Up 57 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Do i need a DAC or an amp to get the best of my headphones with my... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 7 minutes ago
- › Are CIEM reshell and upgrades worth it 8 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor by Kerry56
- › Chord&Major 01'16 Electric Tonal Earphone by Cinder
- › Cowon PM2-128SL Plenue M2 PM2 High Resolution Music Player 128GB... by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...