So a few months ago, I was set on ordering the Panasonic HTF-600s. I was listening to mostly bass-centric, electronic music and the 600s seemed like they could fulfill my needs. While I still listen to a fair amount of electronic music, I believe my preferred sound signature has changed along with my music interests. I'm now wondering if the bass of the 600s will be too much and there clarity I desire won't be there. Can anyone help me out in my decision? Are the HTF-600s the right choice or should i look for a more balanced sounding pair of full size cans? Thanks.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productDENON AH-D1001S Silvertagged by System, 1/14/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 1/14/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- mom looking for gift for 11 yr old Last post on 7/22/13 at 6:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for headphones under $150USD for home use! Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Best HP's for the money** Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Are The HTF-600s right for me?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The panasonics have a bit more bass but the actual sound quality is a lot better on the CAL. The Panasonics are good for £30 but the sound quality is still not very good compared to the CAL or better headphones... The HTF600 sound grainy and not very refined or detailed at all.
For $30 they are a great deal, they are fun sounding phones, but not the most detailed or resolving. I like the extra bass it gives rock music a bit more punch. What is your budget?
Right now its ~$50 but I'd definitely be willing to wait a little longer to get a nicer set of cans. I think $120 would be the most I could spend any time soon. Especially since I'll be leaving for college soon. I just wanted something cheap and fast because I'm dying without a nice listening device.
Basically no they can't.... I am not sure how you could really think that....
The HTF 600 are good for < £40.... They have a nice soundstage and the overall sound signature is quite pleasant....
Other then that they are really not that good sounding, grainy, low detail, poor refinement etc.
Also the build quality and comfort / materials are very cheap...
Basically they are good for the money, one of the best at that price... But they definately are not better than headphones costing more, for example the CAL! have much better sound quality at £60 although they are not perfect either. For £100 you can get headphones that are a lot better quality than the HTF-600...
Good headphones for the money, nothing more.
Here's where my question came from.
Ok, so I have a pair of RP-HTF600-S's on my head right now, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, this $30 headphone is constructed like a $150+ headphone, and sounds like one too. I'm actually completely puzzled and pleasantly surprised. It's a smooth warm headphone, definitely a "V" shape, but so are all those headphones it would compete with (M50, HFI580, etc). The bass actually comes close to the XB500 in terms of it's ability to just slam you. I just ran some Sierra Hull and then some Dub to test range. By the way, it has an impressive sound stage. These angled 50mm drivers with some vents along the top actually make it sound like a semi-open headphone while being closed (though honestly it is technically a semi-open headphone called a closed headphone, you can clearly hear through it and from it, like a semi-open--the vents make it semi-open in my book.
But if you read his later comments he says that is is actually quite grainy with poor refinement etc.
The sound quality is not as good as the more expensive headphones but they are very good for less than £40.
I received my HTF600's today, and they have a very nice sound. I don't think they are bass heavy at all.
One thing I was expecting though, was more ear space(depth and room). I was told they have more ear space than the Superlux HD681, so I chose the HTF600. I plan to order the new HD681 EVO, due out the first week of March, and see how ear space compares to these.
- Are The HTF-600s right for me?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Cardas Clear Headphone Cable 23 seconds ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 23 Portable Sources, Sony ZX2 added.... 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Best Portable DAP based on Sound Quality under $700 2 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro's replacing cable problem 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone stand for HD650s? 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2