So a few months ago, I was set on ordering the Panasonic HTF-600s. I was listening to mostly bass-centric, electronic music and the 600s seemed like they could fulfill my needs. While I still listen to a fair amount of electronic music, I believe my preferred sound signature has changed along with my music interests. I'm now wondering if the bass of the 600s will be too much and there clarity I desire won't be there. Can anyone help me out in my decision? Are the HTF-600s the right choice or should i look for a more balanced sounding pair of full size cans? Thanks.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productDENON AH-D1001S Silvertagged by System, 1/14/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 1/14/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- mom looking for gift for 11 yr old Last post on 7/22/13 at 6:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for headphones under $150USD for home use! Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Best HP's for the money** Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Are The HTF-600s right for me?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The panasonics have a bit more bass but the actual sound quality is a lot better on the CAL. The Panasonics are good for £30 but the sound quality is still not very good compared to the CAL or better headphones... The HTF600 sound grainy and not very refined or detailed at all.
For $30 they are a great deal, they are fun sounding phones, but not the most detailed or resolving. I like the extra bass it gives rock music a bit more punch. What is your budget?
Right now its ~$50 but I'd definitely be willing to wait a little longer to get a nicer set of cans. I think $120 would be the most I could spend any time soon. Especially since I'll be leaving for college soon. I just wanted something cheap and fast because I'm dying without a nice listening device.
Basically no they can't.... I am not sure how you could really think that....
The HTF 600 are good for < £40.... They have a nice soundstage and the overall sound signature is quite pleasant....
Other then that they are really not that good sounding, grainy, low detail, poor refinement etc.
Also the build quality and comfort / materials are very cheap...
Basically they are good for the money, one of the best at that price... But they definately are not better than headphones costing more, for example the CAL! have much better sound quality at £60 although they are not perfect either. For £100 you can get headphones that are a lot better quality than the HTF-600...
Good headphones for the money, nothing more.
Here's where my question came from.
Ok, so I have a pair of RP-HTF600-S's on my head right now, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, this $30 headphone is constructed like a $150+ headphone, and sounds like one too. I'm actually completely puzzled and pleasantly surprised. It's a smooth warm headphone, definitely a "V" shape, but so are all those headphones it would compete with (M50, HFI580, etc). The bass actually comes close to the XB500 in terms of it's ability to just slam you. I just ran some Sierra Hull and then some Dub to test range. By the way, it has an impressive sound stage. These angled 50mm drivers with some vents along the top actually make it sound like a semi-open headphone while being closed (though honestly it is technically a semi-open headphone called a closed headphone, you can clearly hear through it and from it, like a semi-open--the vents make it semi-open in my book.
But if you read his later comments he says that is is actually quite grainy with poor refinement etc.
The sound quality is not as good as the more expensive headphones but they are very good for less than £40.
I received my HTF600's today, and they have a very nice sound. I don't think they are bass heavy at all.
One thing I was expecting though, was more ear space(depth and room). I was told they have more ear space than the Superlux HD681, so I chose the HTF600. I plan to order the new HD681 EVO, due out the first week of March, and see how ear space compares to these.
- Are The HTF-600s right for me?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › JBL LSR310S Subwoofer 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo Ha2 Portable Dac and Amp 7 minutes ago
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2