- 213 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What can I expect out of the following headphones Last post on 11/29/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting closer to picking new head phones...What do you think... Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New release mid-range circumaural showdown: V-Moda M-100, Polk Ultrafocus 8000, Denon AH-D400... Last post on 11/4/12 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Denon AH-D400 vs V-Moda M100?post #1 of 191/13/13 at 9:26pmThread StarterI want the most brutal bass. I really like the Denons amp/controls but I like theV-Modas portability. So it all comes down to two things. The bass level. And the comfort. I have beats pros and I'm going to sell them for one of these headphones because they are EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Heavy,tight,and my ears are scrunched up against the plastic inside the earcups. So if these headphones have any of these problems,ill have to look elsewhere for the cure to my bass addiction...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 191/13/13 at 9:40pmThread Starterpost #3 of 191/13/13 at 10:00pm
I own the M-100's and they do have a pretty big bass boost. I can't comment on the D400 though as I haven't touched it before.
One thing about the M-100's is that you might find the earcups a bit shallow, which means your ears might press against the driver enclosure of the earpieces. You can check out my Head-Fi review here, or my slightly different review for them on Amazon.com's M-100 webpage, or my video review on YouTube.
As for the most brutal bass, I'm not sure what that means, but if you want a lot of bass, the M-100 plus a ZO2 amplifier sound pretty darn bassy without it sounding muddy and ruining the rest of the frequency spectrum like most other basshead headphones I've read about (e.g. Ultrasone).
Oh, one big advantage of V-MODA over Denon is the 60-day test trial. If you purchase a product from V-MODA, or one of their authorised resellers such as Amazon, you can return the product for a full refund within 60 days of purchase. So if you end up not liking the M-100's you can return it for a full refund.
Edited by miceblue - 1/13/13 at 10:05pmpost #4 of 191/13/13 at 10:04pmThread StarterWhat I meant by brutal is,well,if you have ever heard scatta,scary monsters and nice sprites,or bangarang,you can clearly tell that the bass in those songs is very "brutal". And I would like to wait for another person with an opinion on the denons to comment before I decide...
Edited by Rewkie - 1/13/13 at 10:12pmpost #5 of 191/13/13 at 10:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 191/13/13 at 10:37pmpost #7 of 191/13/13 at 10:42pmThread Starterpost #8 of 191/13/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
Holy mackerel, the D400 is priced at $500? You've got to be kidding me! I've read reviews for the new Denon line and they look pretty "meh" for the price.post #9 of 191/13/13 at 10:50pmThread Starterpost #10 of 191/13/13 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #11 of 191/13/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
The D400's MSRP is $400. The one at 500 is the D600 actually, which is supposed to be *serious* about audio quality. The D400 is loaded with gimmicks to appeal more the Beats crowd.post #12 of 191/13/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
Yeah for the most part. The M-100's squishy earpads might make your ear press against the driver enclosure, but you can stuff the lip of the earpad with paper towel pieces to help with that.
The Pro's earpads were super stiff and hard on my head if I recall correctly. You can adjust the M-100's clamping force, which you can't really do with the Pro's.post #13 of 191/13/13 at 11:03pmThread StarterQuote:
That sealed the deal.post #14 of 191/13/13 at 11:04pmpost #15 of 191/13/13 at 11:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by LinkProQuote:
The D400's MSRP is $400. The one at 500 is the D600 actually, which is supposed to be *serious* about audio quality. The D400 is loaded with gimmicks to appeal more the Beats crowd.
Oh yeah, you're right. My bad.
Still, to Denon: "are you inSaiyan?"
- Denon AH-D400 vs V-Moda M100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Dacmini PX 6 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › CanOpener? 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 5 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA2 in Black 8 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 10 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude