- 195 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What can I expect out of the following headphones Last post on 11/29/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting closer to picking new head phones...What do you think... Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New release mid-range circumaural showdown: V-Moda M-100, Polk Ultrafocus 8000, Denon AH-D400... Last post on 11/4/12 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I've auditioned the first Aurvana a couple of times, and I've always liked it, but never purchased it. Anyway, this new Aurvana is so good! I believe the drivers are the same as the first...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Denon AH-D400 vs V-Moda M100?post #1 of 201/13/13 at 9:26pmThread StarterI want the most brutal bass. I really like the Denons amp/controls but I like theV-Modas portability. So it all comes down to two things. The bass level. And the comfort. I have beats pros and I'm going to sell them for one of these headphones because they are EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Heavy,tight,and my ears are scrunched up against the plastic inside the earcups. So if these headphones have any of these problems,ill have to look elsewhere for the cure to my bass addiction...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 201/13/13 at 9:40pmThread Starterpost #3 of 201/13/13 at 10:00pm
I own the M-100's and they do have a pretty big bass boost. I can't comment on the D400 though as I haven't touched it before.
One thing about the M-100's is that you might find the earcups a bit shallow, which means your ears might press against the driver enclosure of the earpieces. You can check out my Head-Fi review here, or my slightly different review for them on Amazon.com's M-100 webpage, or my video review on YouTube.
As for the most brutal bass, I'm not sure what that means, but if you want a lot of bass, the M-100 plus a ZO2 amplifier sound pretty darn bassy without it sounding muddy and ruining the rest of the frequency spectrum like most other basshead headphones I've read about (e.g. Ultrasone).
Oh, one big advantage of V-MODA over Denon is the 60-day test trial. If you purchase a product from V-MODA, or one of their authorised resellers such as Amazon, you can return the product for a full refund within 60 days of purchase. So if you end up not liking the M-100's you can return it for a full refund.
Edited by miceblue - 1/13/13 at 10:05pmpost #4 of 201/13/13 at 10:04pmThread StarterWhat I meant by brutal is,well,if you have ever heard scatta,scary monsters and nice sprites,or bangarang,you can clearly tell that the bass in those songs is very "brutal". And I would like to wait for another person with an opinion on the denons to comment before I decide...
Edited by Rewkie - 1/13/13 at 10:12pmpost #5 of 201/13/13 at 10:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 201/13/13 at 10:37pmpost #7 of 201/13/13 at 10:42pmThread Starterpost #8 of 201/13/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
Holy mackerel, the D400 is priced at $500? You've got to be kidding me! I've read reviews for the new Denon line and they look pretty "meh" for the price.post #9 of 201/13/13 at 10:50pmThread Starterpost #10 of 201/13/13 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #11 of 201/13/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
The D400's MSRP is $400. The one at 500 is the D600 actually, which is supposed to be *serious* about audio quality. The D400 is loaded with gimmicks to appeal more the Beats crowd.post #12 of 201/13/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
Yeah for the most part. The M-100's squishy earpads might make your ear press against the driver enclosure, but you can stuff the lip of the earpad with paper towel pieces to help with that.
The Pro's earpads were super stiff and hard on my head if I recall correctly. You can adjust the M-100's clamping force, which you can't really do with the Pro's.post #13 of 201/13/13 at 11:03pmThread StarterQuote:
That sealed the deal.post #14 of 201/13/13 at 11:04pmpost #15 of 201/13/13 at 11:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by LinkProQuote:
The D400's MSRP is $400. The one at 500 is the D600 actually, which is supposed to be *serious* about audio quality. The D400 is loaded with gimmicks to appeal more the Beats crowd.
Oh yeah, you're right. My bad.
Still, to Denon: "are you inSaiyan?"
- Denon AH-D400 vs V-Moda M100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Westone ES5 4 seconds ago
- › Klipsch S4i (II), X4i, X7i, X11i 21 seconds ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 23 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Holiday shopping for an IEM for an all rounder 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Sicher
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe