- 213 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What can I expect out of the following headphones Last post on 11/29/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting closer to picking new head phones...What do you think... Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New release mid-range circumaural showdown: V-Moda M-100, Polk Ultrafocus 8000, Denon AH-D400... Last post on 11/4/12 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Denon AH-D400 vs V-Moda M100?post #1 of 191/13/13 at 9:26pmThread StarterI want the most brutal bass. I really like the Denons amp/controls but I like theV-Modas portability. So it all comes down to two things. The bass level. And the comfort. I have beats pros and I'm going to sell them for one of these headphones because they are EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Heavy,tight,and my ears are scrunched up against the plastic inside the earcups. So if these headphones have any of these problems,ill have to look elsewhere for the cure to my bass addiction...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 191/13/13 at 9:40pmThread Starterpost #3 of 191/13/13 at 10:00pm
I own the M-100's and they do have a pretty big bass boost. I can't comment on the D400 though as I haven't touched it before.
One thing about the M-100's is that you might find the earcups a bit shallow, which means your ears might press against the driver enclosure of the earpieces. You can check out my Head-Fi review here, or my slightly different review for them on Amazon.com's M-100 webpage, or my video review on YouTube.
As for the most brutal bass, I'm not sure what that means, but if you want a lot of bass, the M-100 plus a ZO2 amplifier sound pretty darn bassy without it sounding muddy and ruining the rest of the frequency spectrum like most other basshead headphones I've read about (e.g. Ultrasone).
Oh, one big advantage of V-MODA over Denon is the 60-day test trial. If you purchase a product from V-MODA, or one of their authorised resellers such as Amazon, you can return the product for a full refund within 60 days of purchase. So if you end up not liking the M-100's you can return it for a full refund.
Edited by miceblue - 1/13/13 at 10:05pmpost #4 of 191/13/13 at 10:04pmThread StarterWhat I meant by brutal is,well,if you have ever heard scatta,scary monsters and nice sprites,or bangarang,you can clearly tell that the bass in those songs is very "brutal". And I would like to wait for another person with an opinion on the denons to comment before I decide...
Edited by Rewkie - 1/13/13 at 10:12pmpost #5 of 191/13/13 at 10:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 191/13/13 at 10:37pmpost #7 of 191/13/13 at 10:42pmThread Starterpost #8 of 191/13/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
Holy mackerel, the D400 is priced at $500? You've got to be kidding me! I've read reviews for the new Denon line and they look pretty "meh" for the price.post #9 of 191/13/13 at 10:50pmThread Starterpost #10 of 191/13/13 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #11 of 191/13/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
The D400's MSRP is $400. The one at 500 is the D600 actually, which is supposed to be *serious* about audio quality. The D400 is loaded with gimmicks to appeal more the Beats crowd.post #12 of 191/13/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
Yeah for the most part. The M-100's squishy earpads might make your ear press against the driver enclosure, but you can stuff the lip of the earpad with paper towel pieces to help with that.
The Pro's earpads were super stiff and hard on my head if I recall correctly. You can adjust the M-100's clamping force, which you can't really do with the Pro's.post #13 of 191/13/13 at 11:03pmThread StarterQuote:
That sealed the deal.post #14 of 191/13/13 at 11:04pmpost #15 of 191/13/13 at 11:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by LinkProQuote:
The D400's MSRP is $400. The one at 500 is the D600 actually, which is supposed to be *serious* about audio quality. The D400 is loaded with gimmicks to appeal more the Beats crowd.
Oh yeah, you're right. My bad.
Still, to Denon: "are you inSaiyan?"
- Denon AH-D400 vs V-Moda M100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Basshead Club 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 50 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Good headphones similar to the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears in size? 1 minute ago
- › Dasetn M760/M1/M3/AP8 earbuds Review/Impressions/Appreciation 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 3 minutes ago
- › Album art game 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman ZX1 128GB 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob