You might find this helpful.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 1/15/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 1/15/13
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 1/15/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 1/15/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 1/15/13
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 1/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT-770 pro 80 vs A900x vs whatever Last post on 2/19/13 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohms vs. AKG K550? Last post on 1/18/13 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I headed in the right direction? Newbie needing first major purchase advice on closed headphones. Last post on 11/16/12 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-Pro700mk2 or Beyer DT770? Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- your opinions of Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 250Ohms Last post on 9/10/12 at 4:58am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
ATH-A900X vs. Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm PLease help! - Page 4post #46 of 621/15/13 at 5:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 621/15/13 at 5:24pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Mani ATH 87
You might find this helpful.
Yeah, I've already watched that but I didn't find a lot of substance in his review. It didn't go into much detail considering the length of it. I really just want to know if I liked the D2000s bass and general sound signature will I like the D5000s?post #48 of 621/15/13 at 5:31pmQuote:
Well, considering the D5000 is considered a step up from the D2000, I don't see why you wouldn't.
Neither of them are worth the $500-$600 they are going for on Amazon though.post #49 of 621/15/13 at 5:32pmQuote:
Let me re-state what was said: they are the same headphone. Just a different cable and woodback cups. The D5000 has more bass, same impact/slam.
Very best,post #50 of 621/15/13 at 5:46pmThread StarterQuote:
Do you have any other suggestions for headphones of equal sound singature and warm lush slamming bass but cheaper?post #51 of 621/15/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
Mr Speaker Mad Dog with SR007 Stax Pads. Closest thing to the D5000 that I've listened to.
Very best,post #52 of 621/15/13 at 6:03pmThread StarterQuote:
I found a near new, used pair of Denon D5000s on amazon.jp for about $450 AUD, is that a good deal? I might just go with these as I liked the comfort of the Denons as well. Is there a mod that increases the isolation of the Denons?post #53 of 621/15/13 at 6:08pmQuote:
That's a good deal. I paid $460 (£290) for my D5ks 2nd hand.post #54 of 621/15/13 at 7:43pmThread Starter
Done! Just bought them so no more debating in my head about which headphone to get. I didn't realise getting into this that it'd be such a slippery slope...It's becoming an addiction...post #55 of 621/15/13 at 8:40pmpost #56 of 621/15/13 at 9:04pmThread Starter
Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting them. This will be the last set of cans I buy for a while - bought 3 pairs now in the span of 2 weeks lol. Might save up for the LCD 2's next. Although I fear there are dminishing returns in terms of sound quality once you surpass the 400-500 dollar mark...post #57 of 621/16/13 at 4:51amQuote:Originally Posted by dryvadeum
Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting them. This will be the last set of cans I buy for a while - bought 3 pairs now in the span of 2 weeks lol. Might save up for the LCD 2's next. Although I fear there are dminishing returns in terms of sound quality once you surpass the 400-500 dollar mark...
The D5000 is excellent, you'll love it.
There's not going to be an easy way to improve isolation. The headphone is vented around the entire cup basically. It's why it has such great bass and a nice sound stage. You wouldn't want to lose that.
Very best,post #58 of 621/16/13 at 11:51amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for all your input. I just hope theyre in good condition and packaged well.
One last question, I have the Fiio e11 which I really like, is it worth getting the e17? I like how the e17 has the incremental bass and treble settings. I also read that you can plug it into the usb port of your samsung galaxy s3 to use it as a dac with a particular app?post #59 of 621/31/13 at 3:14pmThread StarterQuote:
Finally got the Denons - they're awesome. THey are in pretty good condition too considering theyre second hand.post #60 of 621/31/13 at 3:40pm
- ATH-A900X vs. Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm PLease help!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 31 seconds ago
- › Over-ear, inexpensive headphone recs for jammin' (electronic, prog,... 1 minute ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 1 minute ago
- › Looking for IEM Advice - Analytical & Detailed & New 2 minutes ago
- › Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › Vienna/Austria Meet? 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi